Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

Hard not to have Pac on the brain when every time I start trying to look elsewhere he barrages me with **** I feel I have to respond to or defend.

For clarifications sake... changing my focus. I thought Pac could have been forcing the hammer from me as a scum move, but I have been told by most that my logic there was flawed. I was ready to pursue other suspicions on day two... but, I feel that Pac may have been the assimilation based upon his quick change of tune. You have to remember, he was basically calling his shot for day 2... and I was his guy. So right now, I can't understand Pac's sudden jump to another player with what seems like a much weaker case... and don't think I haven't considered that Pac would be the one player I would pick in this game who ultimately doesn't need to be assimilated because of how dangerous he tends to be for the town.

I can appreciate the point you are trying to make, at the same time I don't know whether to trust it or read it as a means to get me off of Pac's case. It's clear to me that there is a case there that others agree with... so the fact that you'd call it a "case that isn't there" is highly intriguing.

So much so, that I feel compelled to be less myopic.

Unvote: Pac

VOTE: SLATS

You do realize exactly how predictable this is, don't you?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well if you lynch a townie like me then get ready for that conversation.

ohh boy... why do I think you use a varient of this line to pick up lady friend's..

"Well if you come home with a groovy guy like me then get ready to be blown a way" ... or simliar

I'm not voting you right now, or working up another case. I was more suspicious of you early than I am right now. I just don't want you to think I've forgotten about you.

But fwiw, I find this a little difficult to believe.

Bleh... I'm just frustrated with Cyclops28.

I find everything that dip**** posts hard to believe. And ofcourse you havent forgot about me...I'm unforgettable.

You're playing the innocent newb town role to a T... If your scum, well done

Its actually concerning IMO. Its the same way I played my only time being scum.

You do realize exactly how predictable this is, don't you?

Absolutely.

But it seems no matter who I vote for, it is either "predictable" or "myopic" or "bandwagoning." So... enlighten me.

Last night I started trying to look in a new direction, trying to put Sharrow's feet to the fire... and since then YOU and PAC have sufficiently put an end to whatever line of questioning I was trying to pursue.

You're playing the innocent newb town role to a T... If your scum, well done

I'm not scum... I'm just giving him what he was asking for. He wants me to open my aperture and leave Pac alone... but he won't let me get back to Sharrow who was my focus before he started in on me.

... but, I feel that Pac may have been the assimilation based upon his quick change of tune. You have to remember, he was basically calling his shot for day 2... and I was his guy. So right now, I can't understand Pac's sudden jump to another player with what seems like a much weaker case...

I can appreciate the point you are trying to make, at the same time I don't know whether to trust it or read it as a means to get me off of Pac's case. It's clear to me that there is a case there that others agree with... so the fact that you'd call it a "case that isn't there" is highly intriguing.

Again, the case you're making can just as easily be turned around on you. You laid out this big long presentation on why Vic was scum yesterday, but you've completely backed off that today. Same identical thing that you're accusing Pac of.

And then you follow it up with the blanant OMGUS vote on me.

But I'm not telling you what to do in the least. I'm suspecting you have someone else in your ear for that. If you guys think a vote for me is the smart play, go for it.

For what it's worth, I just don't see your case against Pac. He seems to be playing like he usually does. But that doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of him. I'm suspicious of everyone but myself in this game.

Absolutely.

But it seems no matter who I vote for, it is either "predictable" or "myopic" or "bandwagoning." So... enlighten me.

Last night I started trying to look in a new direction, trying to put Sharrow's feet to the fire... and since then YOU and PAC have sufficiently put an end to whatever line of questioning I was trying to pursue.

I've got no problem with you trying to get Sharrow more involved.

You're super-defensive in this game. You seem to take every prod personally, and it throws you off. That's what was predictable. I upset you with my post, you voted for me.

I've got no problem with you trying to get Sharrow more involved.

You're super-defensive in this game. You seem to take every prod personally, and it throws you off. That's what was predictable. I upset you with my post, you voted for me.

I know, that is something I am trying to get reigned in... I usually have a really thick skin, but I've been a hot-head in general (not just in this silly game) since the company I worked for folded. They owed me money. I wasn't prepared to job-hunt or freelance... so, I've basically been on-call 24-7 since I started independent contracting, its just a new form of stress that I haven't adjusted to. I thought this game would be a good distraction, which hasn't been the case.

Never the less, this is no excuse for the mistakes I've made. I have put myself in the crosshairs, and have played poorly which is not good for the townies.

If I am a bit prickly in the game - I hope everyone realizes nothing personal is meant by it.

I know, that is something I am trying to get reigned in... I usually have a really thick skin, but I've been a hot-head in general (not just in this silly game) since the company I worked for folded. They owed me money. I wasn't prepared to job-hunt or freelance... so, I've basically been on-call 24-7 since I started independent contracting, its just a new form of stress that I haven't adjusted to. I thought this game would be a good distraction, which hasn't been the case.

Never the less, this is no excuse for the mistakes I've made. I have put myself in the crosshairs, and have played poorly which is not good for the townies.

If I am a bit prickly in the game - I hope everyone realizes nothing personal is meant by it.

Hey man, this game aside, that sucks. I hope things start working out better for you soon.

And I don't take this game personally. I don't think any of us do. It's a role playing game. Have fun with it.

Sorry to hear that man. You'll turn it around.

As far as this game no sweat at all.. the only time I haven't laughed when I've been insulted in this game is when Crusher told me he hated me. That hurt my e-feelings.

Hey man, this game aside, that sucks. I hope things start working out better for you soon.

And I don't take this game personally. I don't think any of us do. It's a role playing game. Have fun with it.

Sorry to hear that man. You'll turn it around.

As far as this game no sweat at all.. the only time I haven't laughed when I've been insulted in this game is when Crusher told me he hated me. That hurt my e-feelings.

Thanks guys.

I won't derail the thread with too much personal stuff... but its probably the best thing that could have happened. The CEO was stealing money from people's 401k's, not paying employees, not paying vendors, the mgmt team were all ****ing each other, it was a nightmare... just a swirling ****storm of lies and literally crime.

So, I am in the process of starting my own business, as an independent contractor. I've got a strong network and my work speaks for itself... so, I am just flat out too busy... I have won every project I have pitched, OR had to turn them down. Its a good problem to have... just need to clone myself.

Anyway, thanks - now back to the game, I've got to dig myself out of this hole and stop being a detriment to the town just cause I am ornery.

Oh... and Pac... don't do anything I wouldn't do... ;)

So I have a question for the veteran players... last game CTM was scum, and he was a literal enigma most of the game, and his posts were sparse.

This game, he has been the top poster almost the whole way... driving most of the dialogue. So the naive would assume he must be town now right?

My question is this... is CTM savvy enough to have changed his style of play from sparse to overt just to get people to make this assumption? Or does he have an established history of playing one way or another as scum and townie?

So I have a question for the veteran players... last game CTM was scum, and he was a literal enigma most of the game, and his posts were sparse.

This game, he has been the top poster almost the whole way... driving most of the dialogue. So the naive would assume he must be town now right?

My question is this... is CTM savvy enough to have changed his style of play from sparse to overt just to get people to make this assumption? Or does he have an established history of playing one way or another as scum and townie?

CTM is part of SMC's "Axis of Evil." :lol: He's good at this game.

His usual game is to post a lot, so last game would've been the abberation if he was posting a lot less.

fwiw .. I play out in front regardless of the role.. last game i was legitimaly busy cause it occured during the end cycle of a release (which will happen again in about 1-2 weeks, all the time i'm goofing off now will come back to bite me later).

The funny thing is, it's the first time I've made it to end game alive, so maybe i should play differently.... lol

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (2) -- Sharrow, slats

CTM (1) -- Pac

Sharrow (2) -- JVoR, Crusher

Pac (2) -- CTM, JiF

slats (1) -- Integrity

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

Where is tubby fluffy butt? Seems like every time that gelatinous tub of goo is scum he pulls these disappearing acts.

And to come back and use the "i got lucky" excuse reeks. I'd have laid hard coin he hasn't seen his pecker in years let alone use if for anything useful..

Im right here. The only time I EVER pull disappearing acts is on the weekend, Rubics Boob. Im sorry you don;t like my getting action excuse but like I mentioned I have 5 kids so when I get a chance to get in, I take it. Do the math, thats what you do isn;t it?

Once again your fasination with male genitalia is disturbing.

As far as my defending of pac, opnce again your pied piping a bunch of nonsense. I simply said Pac putting his vote on me made sense becasue he's the one that stayed on me day one and Pac not coming off someone he's on is nomeal for him. Just like you twisitng words and leading people in a direction is.

Im reading a little now and will be back tonihgt. I have all my kids and have to run the two younger ones back to their moms and stepfairy's house before 8.

Im right here. The only time I EVER pull disappearing acts is on the weekend, Rubics Boob. Im sorry you don;t like my getting action excuse but like I mentioned I have 5 kids so when I get a chance to get in, I take it. Do the math, thats what you do isn;t it?

Once again your fasination with male genitalia is disturbing.

As far as my defending of pac, opnce again your pied piping a bunch of nonsense. I simply said Pac putting his vote on me made sense becasue he's the one that stayed on me day one and Pac not coming off someone he's on is nomeal for him. Just like you twisitng words and leading people in a direction is.

Im reading a little now and will be back tonihgt. I have all my kids and have to run the two younger ones back to their moms and stepfairy's house before 8.

Repp'd for Rubics Boob the rest is rubbish

CTM is the scummiest of scum and everyone knows it and thats why its so hard to believe he won at end game in the only game I've created. It really pisses me off.

That said, he's definitely someone I could see being a assimilation target because he's crafty. Definitely the type of player you want on your side.

CTM is the scummiest of scum and everyone knows it and thats why its so hard to believe he won at end game in the only game I've created. It really pisses me off.

That said, he's definitely someone I could see being a assimilation target because he's crafty. Definitely the type of player you want on your side.

CTM is absolutely one of the easiest players to get a read on as scum. I've been 100% sold on him many of games and he was town. Got to watch him as scum last game and so far this game he's being manilapulative in his pied piper kinda way. One to watch, as always.

Im just checking in and not much going on here. I will wait to read in the morning. Im tired and going to sleep.

fwiw .. I play out in front regardless of the role.. last game i was legitimaly busy cause it occured during the end cycle of a release (which will happen again in about 1-2 weeks, all the time i'm goofing off now will come back to bite me later).

The funny thing is, it's the first time I've made it to end game alive, so maybe i should play differently.... lol

Getting back to an earlier point do you really think you and I were the only ones to catch that cause I don't. If not what do you think that means for the prospect of a conversion... and if I'm scum am I talking about it? (of course not)

Getting back to an earlier point do you really think you and I were the only ones to catch that cause I don't. If not what do you think that means for the prospect of a conversion... and if I'm scum am I talking about it? (of course not)

I think if it's not BS, his chances of conversion go up a ton if he makes it through today. I don't see them wasting a convert unless they thought he'd be around for awhile.

CTM is absolutely one of the easiest players to get a read on as scum. I've been 100% sold on him many of games and he was town. Got to watch him as scum last game and so far this game he's being manilapulative in his pied piper kinda way. One to watch, as always.

Im just checking in and not much going on here. I will wait to read in the morning. Im tired and going to sleep.

Just cause you always think I'm scum doesn't mean I'm an easy read as scum. But thanks.. it's sentiments like thsi that will keep me from being assimilated..

Just doing a quick catch-up and will look more in depth at work tomorrow, but here are a few quick thoughts. The change in play of some that has been noted has been interesting, but I'm not sure people aren't getting too caught up on trying to jump on the possible converted. While I' suspicious of Pac, the fact that some were ready to run with him as newly converted his first post after the conversion is a bit extreme. Our best bet in terms of available evidence is going to be finding the original scum.

I know I28 is still a hot topic of conversation, but I'm not really there on that one. I didn't read some of his actions as scummy as others yesterday and find him one of the least likely conversion candidates. Crusher is starting to worry me as he's playing one of his more quiet, less involved games which in the past has spelled trouble. Plus he's spent a lot of time trying to deflect and how he was able to quickly go from a top target to completely unvoted for yesterday is a bit concerning. JVoR still has my eye and while I doubt they'd jump on the same train together like that, my concerns over both he and Crusher are increased by taking the easy way out in going for a player on mostly inactivity.

I need to look over things more and get thoughts together, but after a quick catchup those are my initial feelings.

Just doing a quick catch-up and will look more in depth at work tomorrow, but here are a few quick thoughts. The change in play of some that has been noted has been interesting, but I'm not sure people aren't getting too caught up on trying to jump on the possible converted. While I' suspicious of Pac, the fact that some were ready to run with him as newly converted his first post after the conversion is a bit extreme. Our best bet in terms of available evidence is going to be finding the original scum.

I know I28 is still a hot topic of conversation, but I'm not really there on that one. I didn't read some of his actions as scummy as others yesterday and find him one of the least likely conversion candidates. Crusher is starting to worry me as he's playing one of his more quiet, less involved games which in the past has spelled trouble. Plus he's spent a lot of time trying to deflect and how he was able to quickly go from a top target to completely unvoted for yesterday is a bit concerning. JVoR still has my eye and while I doubt they'd jump on the same train together like that, my concerns over both he and Crusher are increased by taking the easy way out in going for a player on mostly inactivity.

I need to look over things more and get thoughts together, but after a quick catchup those are my initial feelings.

What about me! Shirley you find me suspicious... aren't I being manilla-pulative, as crusher would say

What about me! Shirley you find me suspicious... aren't I being manilla-pulative, as crusher would say

I always have an eye on you. I even stated earlier that you were back to your pied-piper shenanigans, but I know as well as anyone that doesn't mean much towards your alignment. You do it when your town and you still did it when we were scum together in past games. At this point I'm not too worried other than the ever-present thought of not letting you put one over on me again. Bastard.

Its pretty simple logic. I28 was dead set he made the greatest case ever on Vic, I thought it was terrible, Vic was playing like a bored townie, I28 was pushing it way too hard on day 1, the chances of getting a Thing on day 1 is a reach, so i figured lets prove to I28 to never be so sure of something on day 1 and it wouldnt hurt us too bad considering Vic was claiming roleless.

And your vote were all over the place on day...that was suspect.

My case against Vic was that his votes were all over the place. I'll recap: 7 different votes on day one, almost all of them following train momentum.

So if MY case against Vic was so terrible... how can you turn around and seriously tell Dan X that her "vote were all over the place on day [one]" and take yourself serious?

CTM (1) -- Pac

Pac (2) -- CTM, JiF

slats (1) -- Integrity

MOD NOTE: Since this game has been active over the weekend, I haven't suspended the 72 hour rule.

Thus, I will put a DEADLINE of 1 A.M. EDT for Tuesday, April 13 (aka late Monday night).

CTM (1) -- Pac

Pac (2) -- CTM, JiF

slats (1) -- Integrity

MOD NOTE: Since this game has been active over the weekend, I haven't suspended the 72 hour rule.

Thus, I will put a DEADLINE of 1 A.M. EDT for Tuesday, April 13 (aka late Monday night).

woah..

so we need more discussion or we just need to lynch those who aren't.. I'd rather lynch an inactive then go to random lynch

woah..

so we need more discussion or we just need to lynch those who aren't.. I'd rather lynch an inactive then go to random lynch

No need to rush.

You guys have been active since Saturday morning.

I just don't want this game day to drag. If necessary, I'll extend the deadline. But everyone has chimed in on this thread since the new game day started and can be active on Monday.

I did it past midnight for Vicious' sake as well. This lends to players being decisive and not prone to waffling.

No need to rush.

You guys have been active since Saturday morning.

I just don't want this game day to drag. If necessary, I'll extend the deadline. But everyone has chimed in on this thread since the new game day started and can be active on Monday.

I did it past midnight for Vicious' sake as well. This lends to players being decisive and not prone to waffling.

Yeah, that's cool.. Sometimes you need to prod people for the good of the game..

Archived