Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that I think you're scum, but just to be clear, JVoR watching you and CTM visiting you does not in any way clear you. The fact that you didn't leave your room doesn't preclude you from being scum for a variety of reasons. First, we know the conversion happened during the day, so its possible no night action would've been seen. Also, even if something did happen at night, its possible your scum teammate did the conversion and not you. Or depending on how the roles work, you could've been protected at night, but converted during the day. My point is, the course events of today doesn't yet exonerate you as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly

Not that I think you're scum, but just to be clear, JVoR watching you and CTM visiting you does not in any way clear you. The fact that you didn't leave your room doesn't preclude you from being scum for a variety of reasons. First, we know the conversion happened during the day, so its possible no night action would've been seen. Also, even if something did happen at night, its possible your scum teammate did the conversion and not you. Or depending on how the roles work, you could've been protected at night, but converted during the day. My point is, the course events of today doesn't yet exonerate you as far as I'm concerned.

With 11 players in the game at that point, what are the odds that CTM and JVOR... BOTH... used their night action on the same person... especially when there were far more suspicious, and enigmatic players in the game.

I have a really hard time believing that the 2 roled players both were draw to Jif on the first night.

I'm going to go ahead and vote: Vicious. Obviously we need to lynch someone by the deadline, though, so if no one else gets the same vibe on him that I do, I'll switch my vote to someone non-JVoR/CTM. Unless somehow Vicious/Slats/Integrity can convince me without a doubt that JVoR is lying. (It's possible I'm missing something.)

I'll be around all night to switch my vote as needed.

If no one wants to budge from I28/JVoR, I will change my vote to one of them soon.

Very simple - to avoid a random lynch. Generally if no one reaches a consensus by the deadline, the mod kills someone at random. It's obviously in the town's favor to lynch one of the popular vote-getters instead of letting just anyone get killed.

Although now I'm confused after SMC's latest post ...

You've been hitting my scumdar all game long. And it keeps getting better and better.

With all the info we just gained, you come out with a vote on Vic...the only vote on Vic. Yet, you claim to want to avoid a random lynch? This move is generally scum in my experience. Take the high road, claim you want to do something, but do the opposite. And oh yeah, if I really have to, if you really twist my arm, I'll budge and kill that townie you are all targeting. Not to mention you were in the notoriously scummy area on the AVM train.

Classic lay low dont get involved high road for scum.

You've been hitting my scumdar all game long. And it keeps getting better and better.

With all the info we just gained, you come out with a vote on Vic...the only vote on Vic. Yet, you claim to want to avoid a random lynch? This move is generally scum in my experience. Take the high road, claim you want to do something, but do the opposite. And oh yeah, if I really have to, if you really twist my arm, I'll budge and kill that townie you are all targeting. Not to mention you were in the notoriously scummy area on the AVM train.

if i had to bet, Dan X was the day 1 conversion..

interesting..

Indeed. I think that pretty much all but confirms that we're looking at an 8-3 game right now.

MOD NOTE: I presented 1 assimilation event. Based on everything I've written thus far, do you believe I would chose not to reveal an assimilation event?

You shall be guided by the answer to that question.

Went to happy hour, I'm a little buzzed. That was a lot to take in just now...for some reason I thought one of them was claiming they got an alignment read from SMC.

I do want to avoid a random lynch ... hence I'm hanging out at my computer all night to see what happens. I voted for Vicious around 6:30, which I don't think is all that crazy. Bleedin's the only vote on Crusher, and Sharrow has only 2 votes. I didn't think it would be too far-fetched to hope that other people would also find Vicious scummy.

I would think "laying low" would involve hopping aboard either of the two trains. If I'm scum, wouldn't I especially want JVoR gone?

I've said all game that I feel like Integrity is innocent. I also don't want to lynch a power role tonight. But I will if I have to, yes.

Cause you are a good scum hunter, you were only under mild suspicion, if tubby flufflybutt was scum you'd be a logical first choice for assimilation, and if figured others would target you as well. So it was between you and crusher. i basically flipped a coin.

you being perplexed is definitely not odd...

Interesting logic, I probably would have done differently...but I've noticed that the 1 time we were on the same side and when I was mod. Its probably why I tend to stick around longer than you.

if i had to bet, Dan X was the day 1 conversion..

Or has been since the get go and picked up Slats after her campaign for his innocence.

Interesting logic, I probably would have done differently...but I've noticed that the 1 time we were on the same side and when I was mod. Its probably why I tend to stick around longer than you.

Whatever happenned afterwords with baconbrain, i did in fact take down the guardian angel of BS

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (3) -- Sharrow, CTM, Pac

Sharrow (2) -- JVoR, JiF

Crusher (1) -- Bleedin' Green

JVoR (3) -- Vicious, slats, Integrity

Vicious (1) -- DanX

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

for those more interested in playing footsie then getting this right this is where we're at.

With 11 players in the game at that point, what are the odds that CTM and JVOR... BOTH... used their night action on the same person... especially when there were far more suspicious, and enigmatic players in the game.

I have a really hard time believing that the 2 roled players both were draw to Jif on the first night.

Very interesting indeed.

JVOR - why did you target me?

This web keeps getting more tangled and now we've got the drunken warrior JiFubar prancing in to save the day.... this town is screwed.

ead gfy esad ih8u gth

I do want to avoid a random lynch ... hence I'm hanging out at my computer all night to see what happens. I voted for Vicious around 6:30, which I don't think is all that crazy. Bleedin's the only vote on Crusher, and Sharrow has only 2 votes. I didn't think it would be too far-fetched to hope that other people would also find Vicious scummy.

I would think "laying low" would involve hopping aboard either of the two trains. If I'm scum, wouldn't I especially want JVoR gone?

I've said all game that I feel like Integrity is innocent. I also don't want to lynch a power role tonight. But I will if I have to, yes.

:puke2:

ohh, well, ahem, what do you want?

First let me tip the bet even further in your favor. ;) If I have been anything other than a townie, from the moment this game started until the very moment I am making this post, I will give you absolutely anything you want.

If I have been a townie the entire game so far and am still a townie at this moment, then you have to write/paint DAN WINS on your face and post the picture in the thread. :P

Or has been since the get go and picked up Slats after her campaign for his innocence.

It's angles like this that cause me to visit you last night..

and fwiw.. for a grown man, you have an odd choice of nighttime attire.. I haven't seen feetie pajamas in years..

1103131.jpg

If I have been a townie the entire game so far and am still a townie at this moment, then you have to write/paint DAN WINS on your face and post the picture in the thread. :P

Maybe he'll call his gal pal Kleck to provide the... "paint"

First let me tip the bet even further in your favor. ;) If I have been anything other than a townie, from the moment this game started until the very moment I am making this post, I will give you absolutely anything you want.

hmm..... my intial thought is that you overplayed your hand, thinking i'd risk being clowned for the potential of getting absolutely anything i want.. (or just be blinded by the upside, and thus ignore the downside)

But then part of me thinks it'd be much funnier for you to see me talk myself out of doing this knowing full well what a jerk i'll feel like after the fact, and of course currying yourself some game equatiy while you're are at it..

Maybe he'll call his gal pal Kleck to provide the... "paint"

bad joke... just a bit aggravated about the lack of focus with a possible deadline a couple hours away. sounded funnier when I thought of it.

It's angles like this that cause me to visit you last night..

and fwiw.. for a grown man, you have an odd choice of nighttime attire.. I haven't seen feetie pajamas in years..

1103131.jpg

Oddly enough, that guy kinda looks like me...

It would make sense why Slats would be going for JVOR. I'm buying JVOR and you for the day. I feel we have to. Slats has been playing dumb since the conversion and came after JVOR thinking it would be the only way to get him out of the game knowing you'd probably visit his room tonight for nookie. Me thinks Slats would know this.

And who else is on that train, your boy I28. And oh yeah, just so happens that DanX is voting putting a solo vote when she really doesnt want to go to a random lynch on the only other player on that train...Vic.

you nasty mf'er

I concur... lost myself for a minute.

I will vote I28, Crush, or Dan. Currently see the case on Sharrow nothing more than a lack of activity case.

and nooooooo I28... Sharrow and I aren't in cahoots.

I concur... lost myself for a minute.

I will vote I28, Crush, or Dan. Currently see the case on Sharrow nothing more than a lack of activity case.

and nooooooo I28... Sharrow and I aren't in cahoots.

ohh yeah, i will vote crusher as well..

I finally have a chance to sit down and wow how times have changed. I was very ok with my choice for lynch today but now Im really getting pingage from people who haven;t really pinged me before.

JVOR and his reveal? Thats some seriously odd stuff right their. His reveal time bothers me. He was at L:3 and revealed real quick, then blamed it on Bleeding I believe clsoing in quick. L3 isbad in most games but this game has moved slow. Probably due to assumed small scum team. Though it's one bigger now. Then calling out CTM after alot of us said not to is not town friendly. This is a very good player. Not sure what happening feels like a setup. CTM, Sweet Boopsie and JVOR a very capable of serious trickery. Although if this story is real then they are closest to trustworthy. At leastt until the next time SMC comes out with his fatal little announcment.

Dan X the enigma. Popping in and out dropping just enough to influence flow. Out of left field vote for Vic. I have not been to put off by Vic, but as I read I128's post and Vic's odd solution to JVOR's reveal has me looking crosseyed at my ;little Chilean Thunder Cat. I love me some Vic but can;t say Im not getting wary of him.

JiF. Hmmmm, I love me some Boopsie but CTM showing up at his room. A happy fat man does not make.

CTM? Hmmmm. Felt he was off this game, I was paranoid after last game(he scummed well) but I really don't have a hard time believeing him this game. Not yet. Though truth is he is a very capable single win player. Ver capable. All we supposedly know is JVOR saw him go into Sweet Boopsie's room and come out satisfied. Business as usual. No idea what CTM is right now.

I need to looky look a little more and will chime in some more before hibernating.

Archived