Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well isnt that convienent...trying to stay around a little longer...

And how fitting is it that DanX has been a thing since day 1? Considering the whole he/she reveal.

JiF, I've been saying since yesterday that we should lynch JVoR today, especially now that another assimilation been confirmed.

Seriously, do you want to make the same bet CTM was too chicken to make? ;)

I'd like to hear what CTM has to say for himself before I share anything...

I'm not going to fight a lynch on myself, but CTM has some splaining to do.

oh snap.. I was just about to vote you and go to lunch but I'll wait to hear what this is about.

I'm all right with this too. Obviously I wanted him lynched yesterday and I'm not gonna cool off on that. Granted, I couldn't have been more off on sharrow. And slats.

I suck at this game.

My issue with you was 100% because you wanted to lynch me yesterday versus today. Makes no sense to do that. Today, you get an extra report to decide whether i'm guilty or not and if i'm not converted (which i'm still not) and if i'm innocent you have an extra report to decide what it means.

My issue with you was 100% because you wanted to lynch me yesterday versus today. Makes no sense to do that. Today, you get an extra report to decide whether i'm guilty or not and if i'm not converted (which i'm still not) and if i'm innocent you have an extra report to decide what it means.

An extra report to me is an extra day to weave a web if you're scum. I understand that may be silly and simple to some but that's my reasoning for it. In the zombie game I was converted, gave up a fellow scum member to solidify myself, and then got a townie lynched during the day. Then we got another at night, then I believe it was CTM who sold me out, and he solidified himself. It's a good mafia tactic.

An extra report to me is an extra day to weave a web if you're scum. I understand that may be silly and simple to some but that's my reasoning for it. In the zombie game I was converted, gave up a fellow scum member to solidify myself, and then got a townie lynched during the day. Then we got another at night, then I believe it was CTM who sold me out, and he solidified himself. It's a good mafia tactic.

it goes both ways, dude. You don't get to cherry pick the two outcomes. Guilty means you get an extra report. lynch the person the next day while you still can afford to miss a lynch. If that person flips guilty you disregard anything that person had to say.

Innocence means you get an extra report to decide what it means. Either way, waiting a day was the right play.

Lynching yesterday would be HOOORAY scum down. or. OH **** A POWER ROLE WE DIDN"T HAVE TO LYNCH.

Do you not see that as an issue?

Awesome:

I think we can safely assume I28 is ok, as two people pishing him we're both thing.

That being said, not ready to lynch jvor yet. Am ready to lynch Pac.. who has either played as bad a game as possible or is the thing..

vote Pac

i have nothing to explain.. I'd be quietly hiding in the background doing my thing if not for you're bad play in revealing me..

it goes both ways, dude. You don't get to cherry pick the two outcomes. Guilty means you get an extra report. lynch the person the next day while you still can afford to miss a lynch. If that person flips guilty you disregard anything that person had to say.

Innocence means you get an extra report to decide what it means. Either way, waiting a day was the right play.

Lynching yesterday would be HOOORAY scum down. or. OH **** A POWER ROLE WE DIDN"T HAVE TO LYNCH.

Do you not see that as an issue?

I definitely see the point and understand it. Mafia is a bit like poker isn't it? If someone I feel is in a bad position and then makes a questionable all in move, I always call them, even if I have a 3-7. Sometimes, I'm wrong, other times, I'm right. My point being I'm always aggressive in trying to call a bluff.

That doesn't mean I'm right.

OFFICIAL FINAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 2

Integrity (2) -- Sharrow, Pac

Sharrow (6) -- JiF, DanX, Integrity, Crusher, Bleedin' Green, Vicious, [CTM]

JVoR (1) -- slats

With 11 Research Team Members, it takes 6 to torch.

The Research Team has torched team member Sharrow, did they make the right decision?

Note that 2 of the 3 people not voting Sharrow we're confirmed scum

Also, I don't trust Vic either cause he was resisting lynching sharrow all day (if memory serves, need to re-read) and then swopped into hammer once at L-1..

I'll vote Vic/Pac very easily and very quickly today..

Also, I don't trust Vic either cause he was resisting lynching sharrow all day (if memory serves, need to re-read) and then swopped into hammer once at L-1..

I still think it's a good idea to get rid of JVoR. But I would also vote Vicious because I think he could be the original Thing. My feeling is Slats was yesterday's conversion.

I "swooped" in to avoid a random lynch brother. My reasoning was:

-I28 initially, we knew he was roleless based on his "reveal".

-Sharrow we had NO CLUE.

-Dan X was fishy to me all game and I felt wrong voting two people I wanted no part in voting for. So I her up and saw that at least two people were receptive. Voted her.

-I monitored the thread from my iPhone once my iPad died. When I saw SMC say "no more extensions" I knew I had to make a move to avoid the random lynch and voted sharrow.

You can look at the timing if you want.

I still think it's a good idea to get rid of JVoR. But I would also vote Vicious because I think he could be the original Thing. My feeling is Slats was yesterday's conversion.

Interesting , cause slats wanted to get rid of Jvor too.. depserately , in fact..

I "swooped" in to avoid a random lynch brother. My reasoning was:

-I28 initially, we knew he was roleless based on his "reveal".

-Sharrow we had NO CLUE.

-Dan X was fishy to me all game and I felt wrong voting two people I wanted no part in voting for. So I her up and saw that at least two people were receptive. Voted her.

-I monitored the thread from my iPhone once my iPad died. When I saw SMC say "no more extensions" I knew I had to make a move to avoid the random lynch and voted sharrow.

You can look at the timing if you want.

aight desmond..

Well. I'm not great with numbers but I'd be willing to die today because I would hope with you and CTM leading the charge you'd be the next to go.

I've already said, I'm roleless. I don't know what the town stands to gain from my death, outside of hoping the town souring on you.

So I take it you either watched yourself or followed CTM and either way, he didn't stop by to say hi to you last night? Well either that or you just got converted so you know he didn't.

Just a guess of course.

As far as thoughts based on this outcome, I certainly feel even better about my thoughts of I28 as innocent, and I find it doubtful he was the conversion target. Dan X definitely takes a more scummy step forward, but I'm not sure its all that simple. I find it just as likely that scum took advantage of siding up with a townie, but it absolutely deserves watching. JVoR I'm fine with for now, but definitely deserves watching going forward. My thoughts still remain the same on Crusher. Plus, you have to imagine at least one scum was outside of that whole mess with the other Things, and he certainly fits that profile as well. Everyone else its tough because with conversions, you have to pretty much throw away your innocent vibes on a near daily basis.

If I had to make a list of most likely to least likely...

DanX - I think she was day 1 Thing

Vic - he knows better than to try and lynch JVOR - literally made logical sense

Pac - see above

JVOR - most likely conversion

BG - 2nd most likely conversion

Crusher -3rd most likely conversion

I28 - 4th most likely conversion

CTM - I believe

JiF - Bad Ass MoFo

As far as thoughts based on this outcome, I certainly feel even better about my thoughts of I28 as innocent, and I find it doubtful he was the conversion target. Dan X definitely takes a more scummy step forward, but I'm not sure its all that simple. I find it just as likely that scum took advantage of siding up with a townie, but it absolutely deserves watching. JVoR I'm fine with for now, but definitely deserves watching going forward. My thoughts still remain the same on Crusher. Plus, you have to imagine at least one scum was outside of that whole mess with the other Things, and he certainly fits that profile as well. Everyone else its tough because with conversions, you have to pretty much throw away your innocent vibes on a near daily basis.

Your thoughts on crusher are interesting as well. He had his major ASPLOSION day 1 and has remained relatively quiet. I know he says he's been "busy" but he seems much less active to me than usual.

If I had to make a list of most likely to least likely...

DanX - I think she was day 1 Thing

Vic - he knows better than to try and lynch JVOR - literally made logical sense

Pac - see above

JVOR - most likely conversion

BG - 2nd most likely conversion

Crusher -3rd most likely conversion

I28 - 4th most likely conversion

CTM - I believe

JiF - Bad Ass MoFo

EDIT: He knows better, literally made NO logical sense.

Awesome:

I think we can safely assume I28 is ok, as two people pishing him we're both thing.

That being said, not ready to lynch jvor yet. Am ready to lynch Pac.. who has either played as bad a game as possible or is the thing..

vote Pac

What now? Right -- as the Thing I decided to fight for Sharrow to the death not caring how it looked on thread... get real dude.

Funny how first your the protector, then you don't protect, now you have nothing to explain, and you come out firing on all cylinders looking for a "quick lynch".

I was right about AVM and wrong about Sharrow.... Are you always right?

Archived