How good can Sabathia be?

SenorGato

CC Sabathia was been (arguably) the best pitcher in baseball the past 2-3 years. He should pass the 150 win mark fairly easily this year as he's at 138. He's just entering his prime as a pitcher. He puts up very, very strong peripheral stats, and has been a workhorse his whole career.

Another thing I've noticed is that since signing with the Yankees Sabathia has gotten himself into better shape. Obviously he's not svelte, but the guy would really let himself go at times in Cleveland.

Can he win 300 games? How good will he be over the course of the next 6 years (including 2010) while under contract will the Yankees?

Seems like there is a lot of miles on that arm and there will continue to be more put on it. He's a great pitcher no doubt, but will he wear down? He's not in the greatest of shapes and that could add to the wear down. How old is he any way?

I wouldn't exaclty call David Wells a body at the beach, but he sure could pitch.

Knowing the Yankees history (27 titles)...I would think it's easier done then said...now, if we were talking Red Sox...:yawn:

I was actually talking about the Cy Young Awards being easier said than done. But since you broguht it up: 1 title in the last 9 years, so he'd get one more of those.

I was actually talking about the Cy Young Awards being easier said than done. But since you broguht it up: 1 title in the last 9 years, so he'd get one more of those.

how about 18 years?

or 27?

or 36 years?

why pick 9? random :rolleyes:

Archived