i say both of them are not on the opening day roster

Height: 6-2

Weight: 206

40: 4.81

Year: 5Sr

Eric Ward

School: Richmond

Position: QB

Bio: Four-year starter awarded varying degrees of All-Conference honors throughout his Richmond career. Senior totals included 62.2%/2396/16/10 throwing the ball and another 360 yards with four scores as the ball-carrier. Junior totals included a school record 2808 yards passing.

Positive: Athletic college quarterback who projects to either receiver or running back at the next level. Patient in the pocket, goes through receiver progressions, and has a nice sense of knowing where his targets are on the field. Elusive, can avoid the rush and buys time for wipeouts with his legs. Possesses a quick release and gets the ball downfield, airing out the long throw.

Negative: Erratic with his accuracy sometimes hitting receivers in stride yet also drawing errant passes. Holds the ball too long in the pocket and hesitant to pull the trigger and let the pass go.

Analysis: Ward in an experienced small-school signal caller who could be used in various Wildcat formations at the next level, where he is asked to throw the ball, run with it, or even be used as a pass catcher.

Obviously odds of him making the roster are slim and none, but I saw Ward play a few times. The dude can flat out ball, he was a tough quarterback to stop. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they bring him along to training camp, although it might not make sense to carry 5 QB's on the roster.

do you think we will cut clemens then??? at this point, he's the only one that knows the system and could fill in for a brief time. what vet out there wants to be a back-up??

"Veteran" QB's are a joke in my book as 95% of them are career backups who sucked when pressed into duty.

I think Clemens would be fine running the offense if Sanchez got hurt.

do you think we will cut clemens then??? at this point, he's the only one that knows the system and could fill in for a brief time.

Unless Clemens is continuously showing something in practice that he is not showing during his stints filling in, I would think we would have to either get rid of him or move him down to No.3. We stockpile players like we're going for a SuperBowl, but if Sanchez gets hurt, where the hell are we?

I'd rather have a QB who has demonstrated competence but who has had only a few months in the system than a QB who has had several years in the system but who has not demonstrated competence.

"Veteran" QB's are a joke in my book as 95% of them are career backups who sucked when pressed into duty.

I'd like to see a guy who has held a starting job for at least a few years. If he was replaced a few years ago by someone better, fine. As long as he has shown he has some ability to move a team and win some games.

When has Kellen done that?

Archived