Good question. Why are:

Lefty Ruggerio

Al Capone

Joe Cabot

Jimmy Conway

Vito Coreleone

and

Michael Coreleone

not voting? I can understand a hesitancy to hammer but not sure why they're unwilling to vote anywhere. My guess is scum can be found in this bunch... perhaps one or more wanted to lay low and not jump on a wagon and are now stuck fearful of retribution if they hammer. If nothing else this gives a nice pool to look at on Day 2.

I'm more interested in all the players who haven't added a thing regarding Capone's reveal, 7 of them by my count: Nicky, Cabot, Jimmy, Fredo, Virgil, Carlito, and Oscar.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whole thing is weird to me. Usually if we get a reveal like this, we get a mass unvote. This time, not one person stepped away. Why would that be?

First off, right or wrong, townies are voting the way they feel is best for the town. Al's reveal feels scummy, so they're not moving. If there's a serial killer (or the like), he just wants anyone lynched so we can get to night.

But what about the scum?

If Al's town, I'd think scum would take the opportunity to jump off the train with the reveal. It would make them look like they made the right move when Al flipped.

But if Al's scum, then I think the scum would be afraid to get off, not looking to align themselves with him when he flips scum.

Make sense?

And this is exactly why I said it is likely that those that have voted are town. I'll be right back.

Here's how I have it figured: it's easy for the mob to sit back and watch us run the vote up on player after player, listen to their reveal, and finally single out the Avatar. Al's bull**** post even kind of encourages that in a reverse psychology way. And by doing that, we'll have identified the finder, the healer, along with any number of other roles, and the healer will have to gamble on who to cover, which seems like the whole point of having an Avatar role.

Statistically, Al is probably innocent and his reveal at least partially true. But, he is playing like an ass, and the sooner we kill anyone, the sooner we get info. He makes a good target because stupid posts inspire more stupidity from ****birds like Joe.

We're going to lose a few townies, but we need to pick the ones that give us the most info, and right now, that means Al.

I made my comment about all of the voters being innocent at 7 or 8 votes? I bet I'm right. They have no reason at all to jump on a bandwagon when they already know what's going to happen. They are much safer staying out of the spotlight.

We could go in a couple of different directions right now, but my thought is that we need to play to our strengths. Everybody who is town knows something that that mafia don't. How do we make that work for us?

So much for subtlety, but this is the direction we need to be thinking in.

How would you prefer me to be more subtle? Not like I gave anything away for scum to use. I've seen a couple of posts from people wanting to start different trains. It doesn't work. I'm merely pointing out what Scum already knows and wants town to do. Sorry, next time I'll wait for your secret messages.

We could go in a couple of different directions right now, but my thought is that we need to play to our strengths. Everybody who is town knows something that that mafia don't. How do we make that work for us?

By acting like we don't, imo. Our only strength right now is our numbers. Knowing who the Avatar is can be as much of a weakness as a strength, if not moreso.

Some of us have this horrible thing called a job and we can't sit here and speculate for 250 posts about the game. Those of us who actually WORK at our jobs and not sit at the computer sneaking on forums that is. Therefore I'm not going to be incredibly active.. Sorry if that bothers you but get over it. You want info??? Ok then..

UNVOTE Joe

Vote Al

Some of us have this horrible thing called a job and we can't sit here and speculate for 250 posts about the game. Those of us who actually WORK at our jobs and not sit at the computer sneaking on forums that is. Therefore I'm not going to be incredibly active.. Sorry if that bothers you but get over it. You want info??? Ok then..

UNVOTE Joe

Vote Al

More dead weight, that's great, just what we need. Thanks for letting the other guys I mentioned slide, btw. I'm sure they appreciate it, especially if they're scum.

After a long day of arguing, the town was tired. Dead tired.

Which was appropriate, considering they had just killed one of their own.

toph.jpg

Toph, the town Finder, is dead. Night actions are due by 7am Thursday morning.

Please remember to send me "no action" if you have a night action available and choose not to use it.

Final Vote Count

Al Capone (11) - Carlito Brigante, Henry Hill, Tony Montana, Oscar 'Snaps' Provolone, Fredo Corleone, Nicky Santoro, Tommy Devito, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Sonny LoSpecchio, Virgil Sollozo

Joe Cabot (2) - Frank Costello, Marcellus Wallace

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Ace Rothstein

Come on Al! If in the future a power role is in this predicament please remember this debacle as a lesson on how NOT to act. Calling everyone idiots and inviting a hammer aren't what wins over a crowd.

Lol, I would have thought that lesson would have been learned after SMC pooched the Superman role in JVOR's comic book game.

UNVOTE Joe

Vote Al

Here's another charmer. He volunteers for a game that's guaranteed to be active and then scolds those who choose to participate. You're a regular sweetheart.

what the hell crusher ? are you and pac in this game /

Oh yes The Crusher is in this game. But the cool thing is if I post one more time as myself I will be tied or have more post than about a third of the players in the game. They must have real jobs and stuff.

Here's another charmer. He volunteers for a game that's guaranteed to be active and then scolds those who choose to participate. You're a regular sweetheart.

To you all this may be an active game.. to me it's a nightmare to come home to after busting my ass for 8 hours. I have to swim thru hundreds of blubber posts speculating the same **** over and over and over again and then get chewed out because I can't be on here 24/7 posting 50 times a day. I said yesterday that Al's "dumb post" didn't seem scummy to me and I voted for Joe. People want info and don't even unvote Al after he revealed and cussed everyone out. I'm all for keeping the game moving..(though as many posts as there were, to me, it was moving just fine) so after reading everything I went ahead and hammered him. It's wise not to cuss everyone out and be a whiney ass if you want people to believe you when you reveal. You got your info. *shrugs* Blame the hammer if you really want to but 10 others of you stayed your vote on a claimed finder role and are just as guilty.. especially those of you who actually saw the post before I hammered him.:cheers:

To you all this may be an active game.. to me it's a nightmare to come home to after busting my ass for 8 hours. I have to swim thru hundreds of blubber posts speculating the same **** over and over and over again and then get chewed out because I can't be on here 24/7 posting 50 times a day. I said yesterday that Al's "dumb post" didn't seem scummy to me and I voted for Joe. People want info and don't even unvote Al after he revealed and cussed everyone out. I'm all for keeping the game moving..(though as many posts as there were, to me, it was moving just fine) so after reading everything I went ahead and hammered him. It's wise not to cuss everyone out and be a whiney ass if you want people to believe you when you reveal. You got your info. *shrugs* Blame the hammer if you really want to but 10 others of you stayed your vote on a claimed finder role and are just as guilty.. especially those of you who actually saw the post before I hammered him.:cheers:

What a load of garbage.

I officially won't be posting on Day 2 due to this post. Virgil has hurt my feelings and has made me feel bad about my activity. I feel like an attention whore looking for love in all the wrong place. So here you go Sollozzo. Call me Tommy the Mute from now on you heartless bastard.

Good question. Why are:

Lefty Ruggerio

Al Capone

Joe Cabot

Jimmy Conway

Vito Coreleone

and

Michael Coreleone

not voting? I can understand a hesitancy to hammer but not sure why they're unwilling to vote anywhere. My guess is scum can be found in this bunch... perhaps one or more wanted to lay low and not jump on a wagon and are now stuck fearful of retribution if they hammer. If nothing else this gives a nice pool to look at on Day 2.

I'll respond once we are out of the night phase if you still want me to

Actually, we want you to STFU. Virgil has spoken.

Question is, are the 2 things related? Cause after finding out some people are stuck with 10 posts per page I'm sure there's plenty out there that just want me to STFU, regardless of what Virgil said

Huh, Capone's a real douche.

Anyways, here's how the vote went in one post for easy reference on day 2:

Al Capone (11) - Carlito Brigante, Henry Hill, Tony Montana, Oscar 'Snaps' Provolone, Fredo Corleone, Nicky Santoro, Tommy Devito, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Sonny LoSpecchio, Virgil Sollozo

Joe Cabot (2) - Frank Costello, Marcellus Wallace

Marcellus Wallace (1) - Ace Rothstein

Not Voting:

Lefty Ruggerio

Al Capone

Joe Cabot

Jimmy Conway

Vito Corleone

Michael Corleone

Archived