The Jets Won't Be Blacked Out- TJB

Kentucky Jet

The Jets will put any and all unsold tickets up for sale on a game-by-game basis at a marked-up price (probably some % per game that would make them able to point out how more financially viable it is to purchase a PSL), and likely sell most, if not all, of those tickets. Anything else, the team will buy up themselves. That's been the case from the beginning and will still be the case now. The Jets are absolutely not getting blacked out, period.

They'll pay the TV networks 34% of face on all unsold tickets... why wouldn't they pass that money on to the fans as savings, rather than just straight payment to TV networks?

They wouldn't be paying it to the TV Networks. Why would the TV networks care if the game is sold out? They'd be paying it to the visiting team. The TV networks want people to NOT go to the game. That means they are watching at home on .... TV.

At least this is keeping the PSL sales reps employed. I had interviewed for that job and they basically said "once the PSL's are all sold, you'll all be out of jobs". Not in those words, but close enough. I believe the exact words were "you'll be selling yourself out of a job". Either way, they're probably keeping them on a lot longer than they figured they would.

They wouldn't be paying it to the TV Networks. Why would the TV networks care if the game is sold out? They'd be paying it to the visiting team. The TV networks want people to NOT go to the game. That means they are watching at home on .... TV.

Okay. My bad, I only skimmed the article.

Nevermind. ;)

Archived