If a game is blacked out does that mean no satelite either?

GREENBEAN

Or is it just the local market?

I really don't know this. Do the sports bars in other cities lose the ability to show the game as well?

Bean, they can blackout all the games they want as long as you have the Sunday Ticket with DirecTV, you'll get the games...however, as an example, if you live in the market where the game is blackout, you won't get it. So, being we live in South Florida, if the fins games are blackout, we won't get it and who gives two ****s about them anyway.:rim:

Bean, they can blackout all the games they want as long as you have the Sunday Ticket with DirecTV, you'll get the games...however, as an example, if you live in the market where the game is blackout, you won't get it. So, being we live in South Florida, if the fins games are blackout, we won't get it and who gives two ****s about them anyway.:rim:

Maybe I misunderstood the point you were trying to make, but the "road team" never gets blacked out in their local market.

So if the Dolphins were playing at the Meadowlands, and the Jets did not sell out the game, the Miami market would still get the game, albeit, it would be on their local CBS/NBC affiliate station, not the Directv Ticket.

If you were talking about Dolphin home games, then what I said above does not apply.

Not that I'm insensitive to my Jets fan brothers and sisters that live in the NY market, I think you get why I was asking. Underneath it all, I was looking to see if the potential blackout talk would affect me in S florida. The S fl Jets fan club I go to for most games uses Direct TV so if it is like is being said in this thread, that only a 75 mile radius gets blacked out, I'm fine. It sounds like I will get to see the games this year no matter what happens/

Not that I'm insensitive to my Jets fan brothers and sisters that live in the NY market, I think you get why I was asking. Underneath it all, I was looking to see if the potential blackout talk would affect me in S florida. The S fl Jets fan club I go to for most games uses Direct TV so if it is like is being said in this thread, that only a 75 mile radius gets blacked out, I'm fine. It sounds like I will get to see the games this year no matter what happens/

Yes you will.

Unless of course the Fins don't sell out when the Jets are there. That to my knowledge has never happed even though the Dolphins had some blacked out games a few years back. Never a Jets game

Know that while Sunday Ticket would be blacked out, if you get your box mailed to an address outside the NY area, DirecTv has no idea where you are pulling down the signal to.

Also they couldn'y black out Jets' games drives on the Red Zone channel. It would be a mess. And RZ customers would be up in arms if they tried.

Almost never. If the Giants were playing at Jets, and the Jets didn't sell out, the Giants would be blacked out in their local market.

Also Ravens-Redskins or 49ers-Oakland.

Excellent point ... are you sure this would be the case?

Yes you will.

Unless of course the Fins don't sell out when the Jets are there. That to my knowledge has never happed even though the Dolphins had some blacked out games a few years back. Never a Jets game

The Dolphins haven't had a regular season game blacked out in over a decade.

Even in 2007 when they were 0-14 they didn't get blacked out. So he has nothing to worry about.

The Dolphins haven't had a regular season game blacked out in over a decade.

Even in 2007 when they were 0-14 they didn't get blacked out. So he has nothing to worry about.

It's not because of your bandwagon fan base...you can thank either a radio or TV station buying up remaining tix or when they play the New York Football Jets, their fan base.

You guys are the pits.

It's not because of your bandwagon fan base...you can thank either a radio or TV station buying up remaining tix or when they play the New York Football Jets, their fan base.

You guys are the pits.

Right on the nail Night Stalker.

Individual game day packages with the Dolphins are sold in pairs when it comes to the AFC EAST.

If you buy a JETS @ Dolphins tickets, you have to buy an additional NON AFC EAST home game. They (Dolphins) have been doing this for the last 4-years.

Archived