State of the Roster: The Full Backs

flgreen

I don't buy this mentoring thing. If Connor has questions he can ask the Running Back coach. You got a guy whose full time job is to coach just 4-5 guys playing the simplest position in the game. If he needs help from a veteran mentor than the running back coach is retarded. So dump Richardson, he slipped last year and they have a fullback on the practice squad for emergencies.

So dump Richardson, he slipped last year and they have a fullback on the practice squad for emergencies.

agree completely

let me also add if Conner gets hurt or whatever, chances are Trich will still be unsigned, the market for 39 y/o fullbacks is non-existent.

on a personal note Conner was maybe my fave FB prospect for many seasons... he's a frigging hammer at the point of attack

which would piss me off if i'm t rich. he was ready to walk away and retire to have them beg you to come back just to get cut isn't right from a moral aspect. as far as the roster spot and money concerns go he probably needs to go. maybe they can make him a coach/player or something.

I wouldn

Why can't we carry 2 FB's if need be? Just cut Drew Coleman, Danny Woodhead (sorry buddy), and one of our QB's, keep a couple of our camp guys that impress, and we're good.

I do think we need to cut one of these qb's though. i have no idea why ainge is around still.

it should be noted that Trich's play on the field deteriorated last year. He wasn't the same blocker in 2009 that he was in 2008. the Jets using a 5th round pick on a fullback sends a pretty clear message what's gonna happen.

Archived