PREDATOR Mafia Game Thread

DPR

You are vouching for her in the same way i am vouchign for brett then..

What do you think of i28 now that you know he was scum..

I have even greater respect for him! Haha.

I did notice he kept bringing up SMC and Lily. Both of whom I'm strongly leaning towards believing had weapons at some point.

He went hard after JiF and Runin, both innocent.

He also subtly defended Naeann recently ... she was scum.

So I'm leaning towards thinking he was being pretty straightforward about everything. (In other words, attack innocents and ignore/defend scum.)

So this gives me a bit of a better feeling about Adella, I suppose, because he did give a fairly long post about why we should lynch her.

I can try to look for more. That's what I remember off the top of my head.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just reread a bit.. I did notice the lily and smc votes.. also that he didn't seem to acknowledge the hess case at all. and that he was caught in a slip up (i think), that he was able to use his reputation as a doosh to his advantage in defending

I need to build a mafia message board, that keeps tracks of votes and fos's and name mentions to make this **** easier.. Trying to search vote or fos on this board not only brings up all his votes, btu every vote and fos he quoted.. this could be so much more efficient..

would jn'ers dm'ers play at a neutral site if I built something that made all of this easier?

I have even greater respect for him! Haha.

I did notice he kept bringing up SMC and Lily. Both of whom I'm strongly leaning towards believing had weapons at some point.

He went hard after JiF and Runin, both innocent.

He also subtly defended Naeann recently ... she was scum.

So I'm leaning towards thinking he was being pretty straightforward about everything. (In other words, attack innocents and ignore/defend scum.)

So this gives me a bit of a better feeling about Adella, I suppose, because he did give a fairly long post about why we should lynch her.

I can try to look for more. That's what I remember off the top of my head.

Well, to be clear, I28 did give you a town vouching in his last post prior to the Bus-job gone bad (I seriously doubt I28 and Nae intended for 1 of them to die):

Nae - she hasn't done much that I've taken notice of, and seems to be dwelling on the "I don't know the difference between read and whategver" defense. I do have a strong town read on Dan (not just cause she likes my funny) and trust following that vote if I have to.

JIF - you've voted twice in a half an hour. In a rush? I like the vote on Nae, but you seem opportunistic here.

CTM, SMC - I didn't buy your reveal or that dumb ****ing "deal" but I like how you've parlayed it into leading everyone around by their nose. Nobody else noticed all the steering coming from these two since last night? If we are too stupid to press either of these scummers after that retarded exhibit the other day, then I guess they deserve to win.

Lily - How have you stayed alive this long? You've gotten scummier each day, despite your "I killed Slats, now lets kill JVOR" awesomeness. How you revealed as Vig and made it through the night is beyond me. The scene did not say "A PREDATOR" so I have no doubt a vig made the kill... but I feel like you claimed vig, and we all bought it... and neither real vig (there are 2, look at DPRs scene) can speak up because they know they'll get killed right quick.

Vote Lily.

I have to go to that lunch I posted yesterday, its part of my interview process. I will be back later.

Try not to speed lynch, especially if its one of the trains JIF is jumping back and forth to... I'm not liking what I'm seeing there.

Current Vote Count:

Brett (3) - Barms, AVM, Lily

Hess (1) - Hess

Dan (2) - Shutout, Pac

Pac (1) - Dan

With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday night, 8 pm, EST.

I need to sleep.

I need to build a mafia message board, that keeps tracks of votes and fos's and name mentions to make this **** easier.. Trying to search vote or fos on this board not only brings up all his votes, btu every vote and fos he quoted.. this could be so much more efficient..

would jn'ers dm'ers play at a neutral site if I built something that made all of this easier?

IF YOU BUILD IT I WILL COME. IN A NONGHEY WAY

OH HELL YES. That is all.

^^^ Dan, note I do think you're town in light of the Vicious mea culpa and multiple kill attempts.

I just don't know if I28 defending someone is good enough. He's neutral on Nae (scum) and positive on you. Was he trying to use that as a cover?

That'd be awesome. Except the part where you know all the roles in every game you play. :)

This is all I've got at the moment. What a headache of thick posts he left in his wake!

Here's the only time I could find where he talked to Hess, since CTM was asking about that.

Dude.

DPR has established that if Vic (or anyone else) is killed by a Predator, it will say, "A PREDATOR HAS KILLED VIC, A ROLELESS TOWNIE" or something to that effect... in other words, he tells us flat out if a predator did the killing/attacking or not.

Its not a mystery, Vic was NOT killed by a Predator, imo.

I also noticed he did throw in a "strong town read" on me, so that contradicts my previous theory.

Nae - she hasn't done much that I've taken notice of, and seems to be dwelling on the "I don't know the difference between read and whategver" defense. I do have a strong town read on Dan (not just cause she likes my funny) and trust following that vote if I have to.

JIF - you've voted twice in a half an hour. In a rush? I like the vote on Nae, but you seem opportunistic here.

CTM, SMC - I didn't buy your reveal or that dumb ****ing "deal" but I like how you've parlayed it into leading everyone around by their nose. Nobody else noticed all the steering coming from these two since last night? If we are too stupid to press either of these scummers after that retarded exhibit the other day, then I guess they deserve to win.

Lily - How have you stayed alive this long? You've gotten scummier each day, despite your "I killed Slats, now lets kill JVOR" awesomeness. How you revealed as Vig and made it through the night is beyond me. The scene did not say "A PREDATOR" so I have no doubt a vig made the kill... but I feel like you claimed vig, and we all bought it... and neither real vig (there are 2, look at DPRs scene) can speak up because they know they'll get killed right quick.

Vote Lily.

I have to go to that lunch I posted yesterday, its part of my interview process. I will be back later.

Try not to speed lynch, especially if its one of the trains JIF is jumping back and forth to... I'm not liking what I'm seeing there.

There were also multiple posts making jabs at Adella, questioning Brett a bit, and of course bickering with CTM early in the game about his FOSing habits.

Current Vote Count:

Brett (3) - Barms, AVM, Lily

Hess (1) - Hess

Dan (2) - Shutout, Pac

Pac (1) - Dan

With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is Monday night, 8 pm, EST.

I need to sleep.

I'm pretty sure Shutout switched to Pac. I can look for the post.

Please, computer master, build us a beautiful place where we can play mafia year-round. And I will appreciate it if this place makes it easier for me to reread. All the rereading makes me have mafia dreams. The past two nights I swear I've spend all night in my dreams clicking through posts. I guess "nightmare" is a more appropriate word.

I will if you allow me to name it.

Okay, CTM, you and Dan are trying to tackle the I28 Manifesto about Hess, et al. I'll do Bleedin.

BLEEDIN' GREEN ON HESS:

Just doing a quick weekend check-in. This whole I28/Runin thing is giving me a headache. When things blowup to this kind of extent I always start to get worried it's another of those massive town vs town battles that can see both lynched, but nobody else seems to be getting sucked into it too much, so that's probably a good thing. The Hess case is certainly an interesting one although not something I had caught myself. Hess is always a bit of a weird one in these games and I guess the question is if this is natural play or if its forced. I'm not quite sold at this point, but it bears watching and it's interesting to see a new case come up this late into the day.

As far as the hammering discussion, around here FAR more often than not you will not see scum hammer, unless the potential reward is great. For example, if they think they are taking out a strong power role or like in the Thing game, Pac hammered me because he knew he couldn't convert me once I had revealed my role, it was near end game and he was essentially a successful conversion and lynch away from a victory, so it was worth it for him.

It is interesting that Bleedin' defends I28 and Hess in this same post. He's worried about a town vs. town battle between I28 and Runin, and says he's not sold on Hess.

I've thought it about as well. I don't know which forum would work the best, but if you do, I'd be delighted to do whatever I could to help.

Thanks.. let me think about modding one of the asp.net forums out there or building my own.. i'll start poking around if people will use it.. Things like automagically posting vote totals at the top/bottom of every page would be a huge benefit..

Thanks.. let me think about modding one of the asp.net forums out there or building my own.. i'll start poking around if people will use it.. Things like automagically posting vote totals at the top/bottom of every page would be a huge benefit..

Cool. I will start thinking of a name for it.

Okay, CTM, you and Dan are trying to tackle the I28 Manifesto about Hess, et al. I'll do Bleedin.

BLEEDIN' GREEN ON HESS:

It is interesting that Bleedin' defends I28 and Hess in this same post. He's worried about a town vs. town battle between I28 and Runin, and says he's not sold on Hess.

That's interesting. I couldn't tell if Bleedin was playing more passive than usual this game. I was trying to think back to the Thing game, but honestly I didn't remember anything about him from it other than he made it to the end. Maybe that's why I don't remember him being in the zombie game either, hehe! :P

Please, computer master, build us a beautiful place where we can play mafia year-round. And I will appreciate it if this place makes it easier for me to reread. All the rereading makes me have mafia dreams. The past two nights I swear I've spend all night in my dreams clicking through posts. I guess "nightmare" is a more appropriate word.

heh.. lol. yeah.. i'm a programmer who came to age working on marketing analytics.. there's a lot of ways to data mine better then we can now.. the trick will be getting around all of the nicknames to make sure it's comprehnsive.. Imagine being able to research i28, every post he mentions hess and one click, it's there..

heh.. lol. yeah.. i'm a programmer who came to age working on marketing analytics.. there's a lot of ways to data mine better then we can now.. the trick will be getting around all of the nicknames to make sure it's comprehnsive.. Imagine being able to research i28, every post he mentions hess and one click, it's there..

I wasn't going to say this before because I didn't want it to look like I was whining about rereading I28's posts a second time. But last night, to be more specific, I dreamed that I was clicking through endless posts that all had Integrity's name in bold at the top in huge blue letters. Each post had so many paragraphs, but the words themselves were really small, so I couldn't make out what they said. It was just INTEGRITY INTEGRITY INTEGRITY over and over, and endless stream of long posts.

You may think I'm kidding but I'm not. Come to think of it, I wonder if my subconscious was trying to send me a message, hahaha.

CTM, before I start brain storming a name, will there be a profanity filter on this site? A friend wants to know.

I'd like to make each game mod as the mod of their own game thread.. profanity filter, posts deletes, etc..

I'd like to make each game mod as the mod of their own game thread.. profanity filter, posts deletes, etc..

What about the name of the siter. no profanity thier right? Cause I dont want any but since your going use your going to invent a beutiful mafia shangr la, i wnated you to have the choise,. I could easliy go cus or not cus. I prefer no cussm, but if you want cuss, Im ok with it. What about nudity?

What about the name of the siter. no profanity thier right? Cause I dont want any but since your going use your going to invent a beutiful mafia shangr la, i wnated you to have the choise,. I could easliy go cus or not cus. I prefer no cussm, but if you want cuss, Im ok with it. What about nudity?

lol.. no cuss on site name..

and only your nudity will be allowed.. i need to attract jif to the site, he's very underated :D

Make it something to do with education so I don't look terrible for checking during my lunch hour at school. :)

lol.. no cuss on site name..

and only your nudity will be allowed.. i need to attract jif to the site, he's very underated :D

cool No cuss on site name and no nudity. I know your joking about me being naked because nexthing you know those pricks from whale wars will show up and then JVOR wont be able to play their. Me and Danx would miss him.

Make it something to do with education so I don't look terrible for checking during my lunch hour at school. :)

You teach english right? thats hot. I love that Im hot for teacher video by Van Halen.

Education? ok. we also need an acronym.. acronym's kiick asss

I'm in the middle of some domestic chores (ugh!) and have some posts to catch up on, but I would help with that forum, CTM, if there's anything I can do. My site building skills are quite a bit outdated, tho.

And I did gather all Hess' posts last night. I'll go over them (it got too late) and see what I see.

I'm willing to change my vote to a few different places at this point. I could be wrong on Brett, I suppose, and if it's not going to happen, my vote is wasted there. I'll leave it for now, tho.

BLEEDIN ON LILY

With time dwindling down I feel like we're getting further from a decision and votes are getting more spread out. The last thing we need is another mad rush at the deadline. I have no problem switching my vote off of SMC at this point, but I'm trying to figure out what the most compelling case is and certainly don't want to waste my vote on just some random person with a deadline looming. Other than SMC, Pac and JVOR seem to be the other current persons of interest, so I'll have to look over the cases on them for sure.

Not sure how I feel about the whole Lilly thing. I'm currently inclined to believe her, which also kind of gives us less information to derive from slats' death, which sucks. But I feel like there's more potential issues there. We saw two non-Predator kill attempts in the last night phase after two failed predator kill attempts on day one. Now we've seen another non-predator kill today after a predator night miss and a few day misses. Does this mean we should expect to see more of these kills to account for every one of those misses? And are these players all required to use the kill? If so, everyone needs to be very careful about their choices, because so far we seem to be doing a better job of killing ourselves than they are.

Archived