Revis "Clueless" about contract Talks: NY Post

flgreen

We all should be saying F Al Davis, that old decaying bastard never should've given Aso that contract.

12 million a year with more years on it should be fine.

I'm pissed at Revis too, but I'd hate to see him go. They just need to sit in a room and get this done already. Worst case they give a butt load of cash this year and convince Revis that a new contract will be best delivered next year.

I don't agree with you at all. I think Revis deserves to be paid, and I support any player's right to do whatever they can to get paid.

I've gotten tired of arguing the point here, but I haven't changed my mind. Nor will I.

I think he should get paid to, but not at the price that Al Davis put on the position.

We all should be saying F Al Davis, that old decaying bastard never should've given Aso that contract.

12 million a year with more years on it should be fine.

I'm pissed at Revis too, but I'd hate to see him go. They just need to sit in a room and get this done already. Worst case they give a butt load of cash this year and convince Revis that a new contract will be best delivered next year.

Im not sure whats going on with the money situation with the Jets. They're spending less money this year AND they didnt cut Gholston though this would have been the best year to do it because it wouldnt impact cap, though im glad that they kept him.

I wonder if the Jets are having money trouble. This seems to be more than just seeing what the league does next year.

So what we give him a 1 year deal and do this again next year?

It depends on the terms... but i think they'd do it if the money was right.

remember the cap has never ever gone down and the Jets are still 20 mil less than last year's cap.

Gholston Didn’t give any money back, he will receive his full 21 million guaranteed. What happened was the Jets actually gave him another 1.9 million to make it easier to cut him if he stinks again this year.

His option would have been to refuse, and be out on the street. Some other team would have given him a shot. Probably for minimum. No where near the 1.9 million the Jets are paying him

The incentives weren’t all that much. But based on what he has done in the past, he might not make them.

So far he has done nothing.

Yep Jets screwed Gholston to. Only giving him 21 million for absolutely nothing.

It depends on the terms... but i think they'd do it if the money was right.

remember the cap has never ever gone down and the Jets are still 20 mil less than last year's cap.

You have already been proven wrong over and over on that...

and the problem is that the owners (who spend the money) want the cap to go down so why would they risk putting themselves over the cap if they get their way?

even if we accept (for sake of argument) Revis is gonna take up 10% of the cap why is that such a bad thing?

there is no combination of draft picks and/or free agents that can make up 10% of the cap and means as much to the defense as Revis.

even if we accept (for sake of argument) Revis is gonna take up 10% of the cap why is that such a bad thing?

there is no combination of draft picks and/or free agents that can make up 10% of the cap and means as much to the defense as Revis.

So you think the cap is going to be 160 million, when the owners are looking for an 18% reduction?

Wow

Archived