New York Jets Report Card

Maxman

Sanchez C-? Really? You are going to blame him for Schotty putting LT in the slot? C'mon now!

C for the secondary? C? Cromartie was decent but dropped 2 INT's and Lowery, Coleman and Cole are Putrid. I would say a D is being generous. If we don't pick up a Veteran to back up our top 2 (hopefully Revis will make it 3, but no promises there), we will get SMOKED against 4 and 5 WR sets. I was having Pierre Garçon Nightmares last night.

Hey DKNYJ. It's me on the reports. Thanks for the feedback :)

Sanchez C-? Really? You are going to blame him for Schotty putting LT in the slot? C'mon now!

Grades are not for particular players, they are for the entire position. When the regular season begins, Sanchez will be the every down QB and so then the grade will be entirely about him. Last night, Clemens/Brunell/O'Connell were largely ineffective, putting up 0 TDs and 2 picks. That brought the grade down. For his part, Mark himself was far from perfect. Even ignoring the one interception, he had other difficulties such as finding the end zone.

C for the secondary? C? Cromartie was decent but dropped 2 INT's and Lowery, Coleman and Cole are Putrid.

Didn't you think I was counting only starters? But when it comes to the secondary you think I'm counting them all?

Yes, a C for the secondary.

That is, perhaps an A- in the first half and an F in the second half. For the most part the Jets secondary shut down the Giants passing game in the 1st half. Their only touchdown came after a Mark Sanchez interception was returned to the 5 yard line. Eli Manning had several three and outs.

I would say a D is being generous. If we don't pick up a Veteran to back up our top 2 (hopefully Revis will make it 3, but no promises there), we will get SMOKED against 4 and 5 WR sets. I was having Pierre Garçon Nightmares last night.

I don't disagree.

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

Yeah, I'm a little amped up! - I was inconsistent - was going with just Sanchez on QB's and 4 Q's with D-backs. I would probably go with a B for first half on Db's and an F 2nd Half. I'm pretty excited about Sanchez, and Shonne Green - 1500 Yards this year if he stays healthy.

For the time they were in there, the Jets starters dominated the game.

The Giants had 6 offensive series in the first half and were 3 and out on 4 of them. The Jet D held them to 3 first downs and 82 total yards in the half, and 51 of those came on one busted play. They also hit Manning at least 4 or 5 times that I counted, including the kill shot that ended his night.

Other than handing the Giants 6 points on the first pass of the game, a deflection, Sanchez and the offense moved up and down the field pretty much at will, outgaining the Giants drastically and dominating time of possession.

LT played well. So did Braylon. Offensive line did a nice job protecting Sanchez without their best player.

Special teams were terrific.

When the starters left, they were winning the game.

I thought the starters in all three facets played very well against a very good team, especially considering it was only the first preseason game.

OK, our 2's got whipped in the second half.

They'll get better, and Revis will be back before the first game.

I'm not sweatin' it.

Damn, I'm psyched based on what I saw last night.

First of all thanks for doing this because certain people will always rip you apart for your obsevations. There is work to be done- some people expect to steamroll over all opponents 50 to 0 exhibition game or not- reality guys.

C for the secondary? C? Cromartie was decent but dropped 2 INT's and Lowery, Coleman and Cole are Putrid. I would say a D is being generous. If we don't pick up a Veteran to back up our top 2 (hopefully Revis will make it 3, but no promises there), we will get SMOKED against 4 and 5 WR sets. I was having Pierre Garçon Nightmares last night.

And good luck to whichever team decides to throw 4 and 5 WR sets against us for a whole game and doesn't have Peyton Manning, who frustraingly as all hell has the uncanny ability to pick up every blitz pre-snap and avoid getting hit, as their QB and just gets absolutely drilled into the ground for a quarter and see how long they run those sets.

Very few team have 4 or 5 good to very good CBs, and yet there are even fewer team who run 4 or 5 WR sets for a complete game. It's because they don't want to get their QB riden up and down the field for 3 hours. If Cro and Wilson can stay healthy, I don't see our defense being any worse than very good.

Archived