Ebay

vinnys025

I'm new to this ebay stuff and decided to buy some old school nintendo games for cheap. I bought a couple games and it came out to 10 bucks...then the shipping costs kicked in and that was an additional 23 bucks!!!!!!!....Does anyone know how I can get out of paying for this? I'm such a newb. I will not pay double for a product on shipping, its not happening.

I'm new to this ebay stuff and decided to buy some old school nintendo games for cheap. I bought a couple games and it came out to 10 bucks...then the shipping costs kicked in and that was an additional 23 bucks!!!!!!!....Does anyone know how I can get out of paying for this? I'm such a newb. I will not pay double for a product on shipping, its not happening.

Contact the seller and tell them you can't do the deal. They will be pissed and will leave you a negative feedback.

Unless you are looking to sell stuff on EBAY the negative isn't the end of the world. People will still sell you stuff!

If they leave you a negative feedback and you are worried about it, I would just create another EBAY account and start over!

Many sellers do get you on the shipping though!

Well, I wrote him a very sincere appology letter and his reply was pretty brutal. Many threats about him reporting me and having my ebay account deleted...lol. Like you said, I can just start another account.

Yeah if you keep that account and he leaves you a negative you can post text next to it. Post something positive like:

Shipping Costs were not made clear.

No need to get into a pissing contest with him.

I have had this happen to me before. Basically the best thing to do is just to move on. Let the seller piss and moan or whatever, and then build up your feedback by doing other transactions. The seller can be pissed or whatever, but I am sure if they have been doing this for a while this isn't the first time it has happened.

And like Max said, make sure you respond to the negative so others viewing your profile will know what happened. People are still going to do business with you if you have a negative. It's not the end of the world. You will be fine.

Ebay is really tricky,you can get a good deal or get scr**ed big time. Im a big ebay addict, make sure you read the feed back on the sellers/buyers and what they charge for shipping and handling, some of the prices are outrageous. Ive also been taken a few times by a seller. :evil: As far as cancelling an order, if they give you a hard time just make a new account lol.

I was in the same sitauation a few years back. I ordered an old movie for my father. After i won the auction i saw that the video was made in Europe and that the VCRs over there arer formatted differently and that the tape would not play on my father vcr. OI contacted Ebay directly - not the seller and they got me out of the deal with out any negative feedbacks

Exactly. Ebay is only really good for obscure merchandise that has no competition from buyers.

Not true...it has become a really good spot for electronics. Online Retailers are selling stuff much cheaper on EBAY.

I bought a digital camera, a digital camcorder both on EBAY for big savings. Also bought one other Electronics item but I won't mention its name.

Certain posters here feel that I talk about it too much.

Not true...it has become a really good spot for electronics. Online Retailers are selling stuff much cheaper on EBAY.

I bought a digital camera, a digital camcorder both on EBAY for big savings. Also bought one other Electronics item but I won't mention its name.

Certain posters here feel that I talk about it too much.

Anything that I've ever wanted to buy that was a current hot commodity (IE other bidders looking for the same item) it had ridiculous shipping costs, which made the item even more pricey than what you would pay at the mall.

I got a hiking backpack for a steal...but it was out of season and not a well known brand.

Just my experience.

You've GOT to check the shipping costs and seller's feedback before making these deals.

I've made over 60 Ebay transactions without ever having a problem.

Ebay is a great place to get all kinds of things at a bargain. Like anyplace else, though, you've got to shop carefully.

God dman it!! I thought we had a deal??

You are goonna pay for this Gyromite if ti's the last thing you do!!!

LOL. Gyromite. My R.O.B. is still in pristine condition.

I have had hundreds of transactions on eBay with one single problem that was eventually solved.

1) Check seller feedback.

2) Read the fine print in the adds (shipping cost, how quickly they want to be paid, type of payment). I have seen people only take CASH, or some obscure bid paying service I never heard of...

3) Be patient. Whatever you are looking for today... you will be able to find tomorrow in the same price range (unless it is a very rare collectible).

Gyromite...lol. You know, even with all the advanced games out today that are 20X graphically better than nintendo, I sit here 20 years later and desire to play the old school NES. They just dont make games like they used to.

I already purchased the original Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Double Dragons 1,2,3, Ninja Gaiden's 1,2, RIver city ransom, Strider, Bionic commando, Metroid, Castlevania 1,2, and 3, and even some of the Mega man games. Man, I cant wait for these games to come in....who needs the PS2.

Vinny, if you want old Nintendo games just download a NES emulator off the internet then you can download and play all of those old games right on your PC and you don't have to worry about messing with the games for 10 minutes just to get them to play.

Vin, one of my hobbies is collecting video games. I have my original Pong, Atari 2600, 5200, NES, Colecovision, Intellivision, etc. Tons of games also.

BTW, that Final Fantasy was a find if it is complete.

well, thanks bro, I got it for 15 bucks though, so I did pay a bit extra for a nintendo game, but its worth it. Now I need Kid Icarus, Kid Niki, and some Mega man games.

ALK...I just want the nintendo games, I want it for my son as well so he can play some simple games when he gets of age before he steps up to the big boys of Madden and the PS2....lol

Gyromite...lol. You know, even with all the advanced games out today that are 20X graphically better than nintendo, I sit here 20 years later and desire to play the old school NES. They just dont make games like they used to.

I already purchased the original Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Double Dragons 1,2,3, Ninja Gaiden's 1,2, RIver city ransom, Strider, Bionic commando, Metroid, Castlevania 1,2, and 3, and even some of the Mega man games. Man, I cant wait for these games to come in....who needs the PS2.

I couldn't agree more. Go get RBI baseball,10Yard fight and mike tyson punch out...ill be over in 25 minutes.

I was thinking ..(I do that once in a while) of putting my car on there. Has anyone done that before?

Bren I sold a car on EBAY Motors. It was real simple. Got more for it than I could have if I traded it in.

It is worth looking into. So Jetman gets a new car and now you have to? You real estate moguls certainly are competitive.

well, thanks bro, I got it for 15 bucks though, so I did pay a bit extra for a nintendo game, but its worth it. Now I need Kid Icarus, Kid Niki, and some Mega man games.

ALK...I just want the nintendo games, I want it for my son as well so he can play some simple games when he gets of age before he steps up to the big boys of Madden and the PS2....lol

That's cool. I've got quite a collection of games too. I tried getting Grant into them. I let him play Contra and put the 30 life cheat code in. He still manages to lose all his lives within about 5 minutes. If you haven't done it yet, they sell an upgrade for the NES on ebay. It's the part that the actual cartridge slides in. It supposedly has more pins and you don't have near as many problems getting the games to work. I'm sure you're familiar with having to blow all the dust out of the cartridge or even wipe off the chip with a wet cue tip. :lol:

Bren I sold a car on EBAY Motors. It was real simple. Got more for it than I could have if I traded it in.

It is worth looking into. So Jetman gets a new car and now you have to? You real estate moguls certainly are competitive.

Did you get blue book value for it? I have a 2000 firebird and was looking to trade it in for a Maxima. I have a family now, no need to show off anymore...lol. I'm sure I could sell that pretty quick over there.

PS...I only want a MAXima because its the only car that resembles Maxman....and oh boy do I love that wonderful man of the clouds.

That's cool. I've got quite a collection of games too. I tried getting Grant into them. I let him play Contra and put the 30 life cheat code in. He still manages to lose all his lives within about 5 minutes. If you haven't done it yet, they sell an upgrade for the NES on ebay. It's the part that the actual cartridge slides in. It supposedly has more pins and you don't have near as many problems getting the games to work. I'm sure you're familiar with having to blow all the dust out of the cartridge or even wipe off the chip with a wet cue tip. :lol:

Yes, its the 72 pin add on. I purchased that yesterday and its in the mail. Thanks.

word up. my advice is to buy the item and post a nuetral feedback and move on.

IF he posted a clear shipping price in the auction vinny, then its all on you. you have to read the ad. some people make $$$ off shipping. the best ebayer is a guy with MORE than 20 transactions. OVER a 97% positive feedback rating AND posts shipping OR says UPS ground. thats usually pretty cheap/

You've GOT to check the shipping costs and seller's feedback before making these deals.

I've made over 60 Ebay transactions without ever having a problem.

Ebay is a great place to get all kinds of things at a bargain. Like anyplace else, though, you've got to shop carefully.

Archived