Yankees Minor League Prospects

Morrissey

Yankees #1 prospect Jesus Montero continued his dominance in the 2nd by going 2-4 with 2 HR, 4 RBI against the Buffalo Bisons, the Mets AAA team.

September callup?

Yanks should bring him up next year to split time with Posada at C and DH, then cut Posada loose at the end of the year if he works out.

September callup?

Yanks should bring him up next year to split time with Posada at C and DH, then cut Posada loose at the end of the year if he works out.

I'm not sure if he's going to be a September call-up. Berkman is set to play in a few rehab games in Trenton the next 2 days, and will be back with the Yankees on Wednesday. I assume he's going to get most of the playing time as the DH.

I'm sure he'll be giving every opportunity to make the team out of spring training next year. I just don't think his defense behind the plate will be ready for the majors. But the Yankees should be able to carry Posada, Montero, and Cervelli on the 25-man roster.

I'm sure he'll be giving every opportunity to make the team out of spring training next year. I just don't think his defense behind the plate will be ready for the majors.

They've had Posada back there for the past dozen years, so I don't think it would be too much of a transition.

They've had Posada back there for the past dozen years, so I don't think it would be too much of a transition.

You would be mistaken, Montero has been one of the worst of the worst catcher in the AAA this year, Posada has only been awful behind the plate in recent years, he's never exactly been a liability. If Montero is this bad at 20 years old, god forbid how bad he'll be into his mid to late 30's. But I don't think it will ever get to that point, I don't think Montero will be behind the plate most of his career.

Montero is a legit special hitter. The only bat in the minors I like as much is Wil Myers on the Royals. He's trade bait.

I like Romine as a catcher but while Montero is in the organization we're forced to pretend that he's the future catcher.

Nova really has been impressive in his couple of starts. He's got a good fastball, good size, good build, good mechanics...he seems like a guy who can develop into a good #3 starter...he's got a little Freddy Garcia in him.

Archived