The all mighty bob has spoken

JetsFanNick12

LOL

No one on the Jets ever got into any trouble when Parcells was here (Jumbo, Fabini, Chrebet...)

Now that Parcells is in Miami (since 12/20/2007), no one gets arrested on their team, right?

2010 R.Brown, DUI

2010 Merling, Battery - his pregnant girlfriend

2010 Allen, DUI

2010 McDaniel, Battery - his girfriend

2009 Billingsly, Domestic Battery

2009 Starks, Battery - a police officer

2008 Mauia, Punched a guy out in a restaurant parking lot

2008 Roth, Public intoxication

The Giants never signed guys with less than stellar histories.

Guys like Christian Peter AFTER they found out he pleaded guilty to sexual assault. Or Kerry Collins who boozed his way out of Carolina and the Saints were happy to let him go as well. The Giants are too classy an organization to sign men of such low moral fiber.

The Jets would never have any player arrests if not for Ryan's loosey-goosey ways.

If only they'd just stuck with nice Herm (D.Robinson, A.Beasley, and J.Abraham arrested from 2001-2003) or disciplinarian Mangini (A.Jones, J.Miller, S.Ellis with the Jets and B.Edwards, D.Stallworth, C.Jennings, S.Rogers, R.Smith, and G.Lawson in his <2 years with Cleveland).

Here's a list of the angels on the classy Giants who were arrested in the last 10 years. I'm sure they were all just misunderstandings:

Plaxico Burress

12/1/2008

Turned himself on charge of criminal possession ofa handgun after accidentally shooting himself in thigh at New York nightclub. He did not have a permit for the Glock pistol. Indicted on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment.

Kareem McKenzie

11/13/2008

Charged with drunken driving, reckless driving,driving on private property to avoid a traffic signal and driving with anexpired registration.

Danny Ware

9/28/2008

Arrested on alcohol charge, pedestrian under theinfluence, in Georgia.

Geoffrey Pope

6/21/2008

Arrested in Detroit after allegedly hitting aman over the head with a champagne bottle.

Ahmad Bradshaw

6/15/2008

Surrendered to authorities to serve first of two 30-day jail terms for undisclosed probation violation. The probation stemmed from an undisclosed offense while he was a juvenile.

Incident was before he was on the Giants, and I like Bradshaw. But if he ever gets arrested again while playing for the Giants, I'm sure Fatcessa will be all over the Big Blue for their careless screening. I'm sure of it.

Antonio Pierce

2/13/2008

Summons issued for charge of neglecting one of his pit pulls.

Adrian Awasom

2/1/2008

Arrested on extreme DUI charge in Phoenix at 3 a.m., two days before team played in Super Bowl. (I think this one is my favorite).

Frank Walker

2/4/2005

Possession of stolen vehicle, use of weapon in committing felony.

David Tyree

3/2/2004

Charged with drug possession after being stopped for speeding and more than half-pound of marijuana found in car.

Keith Hamilton

5/22/2003

Arrest in N.J., on charges of cocaine, marijuana possession.

Jeremiah Parker

5/14/2001

Charged in Haledon, N.J., with aggravated manslaughter in connection with the death of his live-in girlfriend's 4-year-old son. (10 years in prison)

Since Ryan got to NY, here is the full list of NY Jets players arrested:

Braylon Edwards

[end of list]

Check it out: http://www.signonsan...rests-database/

Too bad you can't call in to speak to Fatcessa with this info to put him in his place.

These two guys had been Jets and we'd wished they'd been kept. Ware was gone for less than a year, but how drunk do you have to be to get charged as a "pedestrian under the influence"? That's rough.

My point wasn't how stupid the Giants were for picking up McKenzie, but rather that the Jets are not a lightning rod for players displaying criminal activity.

And to answer your question....pretty friggin' wasted.

I heard this, bob was good, fatcessa keeps saying he can't comment on Ronnie brown because it was "down in Miami" and he doesn't know what happened, so mike can look up stats on the 1960 world series on his computer but he can't confirm Ronnie brown got a dwi? Hmmmmmmmmm........

Mike kept saying that Ronnie Brown was probably punished.

Then in the next sentence he says the only good punishment is not dressing Edwards.

So a punishment of Brown not including a suspension/deactivation because his DWI was in March is ok, but Edwards, fine is not ok. Double standard, no?

Archived