The all mighty bob has spoken

JetsFanNick12

**BREAKING NFL & NY JETS NEWS** Sources have indicated to Incarceratedbob that the NY Jets will release Braylon Edwards - this is imminent

about 7 hours ago via web

***BREAKING NEWS*** This is the shocker of the year - JETS Sources are claiming the Braylon Edwards will be released by Jets before Saturday

about 7 hours ago via web

***HUGE BREAKING NEWS*** Sources are saying Braylon Edwards will be released by Jets Before Saturday

BUT

this is awesome and I give props to Florio whom I cant stand

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/23/erroneous-rumors-fly-of-braylon-edwards-impending-release/

Bob seems to be making stuff up as he goes along and seeing if he can hit another home run, he should of quit while he was ahead.

Posted by Mike Florio on September 23, 2010 9:02 AM ET

As many of you know, there's a guy on Twitter named "Incarcerated Bob," who from time to time has what turns out to be accurate inside information about the Jets.

This time around, Bob claims that the Jets will cut receiver Braylon Edwards before Sunday. Unfortunately, this time Bob is not only incarcerated -- he's also incorrect.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that it's "not happening."

It makes sense. By not deactivating Edwards for Sunday's game, the Jets implicitly acknowledge that they need him. And if the notion that they didn't bench him for Sunday because of concerns that they'd be running afoul of the labor deal by disciplining Edwards unilaterally, cutting him after the DUI arrest would fall into the same category -- and it likely would require the Jets to pay the balance of his 2010 salary. (Of course, since he's a vested veteran he'd be entitled to his 15 remaining game checks -- 14 plus the bye week -- anyway.)

Meanwhile, some of you have raised a valid point regarding the inconsistency that has arisen following the Edwards arrest. Multiple members of the Jets' next opponent, the Dolphins, were arrested in the offseason. Running back Ronnie Brown and cornerback Will Allen were arrested for DUI, and defensive end Philip Merling was arrested for allegedly beating up his pregnant girlfriend. Defensive end Tony McDaniel was arrested for misdemeanor battery. But yet there was no national outcry that these men immediately should be disciplined by the team.

We see two reasons for this. First, when arrests occur during the season, it's far easier and obvious to argue that the player should be benched for the next game. Second, the criticism of the Jets constitutes a natural consequence of the attention that the Jets have sought. With attention comes scrutiny; teams that strive to stay under the radar have a better shot at avoiding the kind of intense focus that will apply to everything the Jets do.

It doesn't make it right, but it explains the inconsistency.

Has IB ever had a worthwhile piece of information which didn't involve Revis?

Actually, yes. Yesterday he was the first to report the Braylon news. He's been right more than wrong.

BUT, I'm gonna take the wait and see on this one. Way too drastic to be true.

Actually, yes. Yesterday he was the first to report the Braylon news. He's been right more than wrong.

BUT, I'm gonna take the wait and see on this one. Way too drastic to be true.

Really? Everytime i go over to his twitter page, the rumors he's spreading turns out false (i've only been there abotu 3 times however)

Now Yahoo Fntasy Editor steals my story : But he also has sources that claim Braylon Edwards in fact will be released before Miami game.

@ProFootballTalk I will tell you right now -Woody Johnson wanted him cut late last night & the source gave it to me (Add Patrick Turner) Bam

@profootballtalk Once again my sources told me early this morning Patrick Turner was added to 53man Roster cause Braylon would be cut!

@profootballtalk If i turn out wrong im a big boy & i will admit it-Believe me i will not run from criticism. How many times u been wrong?

@incarceratedbob Based on the threatening tone of his recent messages, I'm starting to hope @incarceratedbob really is incarcerated.

Anyone hear of the possible release of Braylon Edwards?

Bleacher report? Fail! <_<

UGH!!! This is ridiculous. I could see them doing it after holmes is back if anything, but it really makes absolutely no football sense to cut BE just because people are trying to take some sort of moral high ground and make a story. It's just stupid IMO

Incarcerated Bob just pretty much owned fatcessa, who's not man enough to admit he did not make a big deal about this with McKenzie, Brown or anybody else.

He's full of excuses for himself and everybody else except the Jets, what a windbag fraud clown!

He will not be released until after Holmes gets back. We cannot go into Miami with Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, David Clowney, and Patrick Turner.

He won't be released, period.

He will be with the team right thru the end of the year. Holmes needs to stay on his best behavior for the season, too. The Jets -who I'm sure were leaning Holmes before this incident- will decide which guy to keep at the end of the season. The other player will sign with another team, and the Jets will receive a compensatory pick in 2012.

He won't be released, period.

He will be with the team right thru the end of the year. Holmes needs to stay on his best behavior for the season, too. The Jets -who I'm sure were leaning Holmes before this incident- will decide which guy to keep at the end of the season. The other player will sign with another team, and the Jets will receive a compensatory pick in 2012.

No way Edwards returns next year. As it is he is now facing six months in jail for probation violation in Ohio on top of whatever he gets for this.

No way Edwards returns next year. As it is he is now facing six months in jail for probation violation in Ohio on top of whatever he gets for this.

I agree that it's very unlikely that Edwards comes back, but (unfortunately) there's still plenty of time for Santonio to roll a spliff or throw a drink in some chick's face.

It's also always possible that Braylon puts together a better season than Holmes.

Lot of year left.

Incarcerated Bob just pretty much owned fatcessa, who's not man enough to admit he did not make a big deal about this with McKenzie, Brown or anybody else.

He's full of excuses for himself and everybody else except the Jets, what a windbag fraud clown!

I heard this, bob was good, fatcessa keeps saying he can't comment on Ronnie brown because it was "down in Miami" and he doesn't know what happened, so mike can look up stats on the 1960 world series on his computer but he can't confirm Ronnie brown got a dwi? Hmmmmmmmmm........

I could live with Braylon getting cut. Like someone said, not everything that happens to him is his fault but more bad things which aren't his fault happen to him than to other players. There is just a pattern of this guy being bad news. Seriously, does anyone know a single Browns fan who wants him back?

This is a typical bullsh*t rumor. The guy must have some source because he is probably right that the team will be adding Patrick Turner back to the 53. Once he knows that he jumps to the conclusion that Edwards will be cut. It's a pretty big step considering the team is already benching him and he may face a suspension and they were super thin at WR already. The FACT is that the reports of adding Turner state that team already cut T Patrick Brown that they picked up on waivers from the Vikings.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Jets-cut-Patrick-Brown-promote-Patrick-Turner-from-practice-squad.html

I heard this, bob was good, fatcessa keeps saying he can't comment on Ronnie brown because it was "down in Miami" and he doesn't know what happened, so mike can look up stats on the 1960 world series on his computer but he can't confirm Ronnie brown got a dwi? Hmmmmmmmmm........

LOL

No one on the Jets ever got into any trouble when Parcells was here (Jumbo, Fabini, Chrebet...)

Now that Parcells is in Miami (since 12/20/2007), no one gets arrested on their team, right?

2010 R.Brown, DUI

2010 Merling, Battery - his pregnant girlfriend

2010 Allen, DUI

2010 McDaniel, Battery - his girfriend

2009 Billingsly, Domestic Battery

2009 Starks, Battery - a police officer

2008 Mauia, Punched a guy out in a restaurant parking lot

2008 Roth, Public intoxication

The Giants never signed guys with less than stellar histories.

Guys like Christian Peter AFTER they found out he pleaded guilty to sexual assault. Or Kerry Collins who boozed his way out of Carolina and the Saints were happy to let him go as well. The Giants are too classy an organization to sign men of such low moral fiber.

The Jets would never have any player arrests if not for Ryan's loosey-goosey ways.

If only they'd just stuck with nice Herm (D.Robinson, A.Beasley, and J.Abraham arrested from 2001-2003) or disciplinarian Mangini (A.Jones, J.Miller, S.Ellis with the Jets and B.Edwards, D.Stallworth, C.Jennings, S.Rogers, R.Smith, and G.Lawson in his <2 years with Cleveland).

Here's a list of the angels on the classy Giants who were arrested in the last 10 years. I'm sure they were all just misunderstandings:

Plaxico Burress

12/1/2008

Turned himself on charge of criminal possession ofa handgun after accidentally shooting himself in thigh at New York nightclub. He did not have a permit for the Glock pistol. Indicted on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment.

Kareem McKenzie

11/13/2008

Charged with drunken driving, reckless driving,driving on private property to avoid a traffic signal and driving with anexpired registration.

Danny Ware

9/28/2008

Arrested on alcohol charge, pedestrian under theinfluence, in Georgia.

Geoffrey Pope

6/21/2008

Arrested in Detroit after allegedly hitting aman over the head with a champagne bottle.

Ahmad Bradshaw

6/15/2008

Surrendered to authorities to serve first of two 30-day jail terms for undisclosed probation violation. The probation stemmed from an undisclosed offense while he was a juvenile.

Incident was before he was on the Giants, and I like Bradshaw. But if he ever gets arrested again while playing for the Giants, I'm sure Fatcessa will be all over the Big Blue for their careless screening. I'm sure of it.

Antonio Pierce

2/13/2008

Summons issued for charge of neglecting one of his pit pulls.

Adrian Awasom

2/1/2008

Arrested on extreme DUI charge in Phoenix at 3 a.m., two days before team played in Super Bowl. (I think this one is my favorite).

Frank Walker

2/4/2005

Possession of stolen vehicle, use of weapon in committing felony.

David Tyree

3/2/2004

Charged with drug possession after being stopped for speeding and more than half-pound of marijuana found in car.

Keith Hamilton

5/22/2003

Arrest in N.J., on charges of cocaine, marijuana possession.

Jeremiah Parker

5/14/2001

Charged in Haledon, N.J., with aggravated manslaughter in connection with the death of his live-in girlfriend's 4-year-old son. (10 years in prison)

Since Ryan got to NY, here is the full list of NY Jets players arrested:

Braylon Edwards

[end of list]

Check it out: http://www.signonsan...rests-database/

LOL

No one on the Jets ever got into any trouble when Parcells was here (Jumbo, Fabini, Chrebet...)

Now that Parcells is in Miami (since 12/20/2007), no one gets arrested on their team, right?

2010 R.Brown, DUI

2010 Merling, Battery - his pregnant girlfriend

2010 Allen, DUI

2010 McDaniel, Battery - his girfriend

2009 Billingsly, Domestic Battery

2009 Starks, Battery - a police officer

2008 Mauia, Punched a guy out in a restaurant parking lot

2008 Roth, Public intoxication

The Giants never signed guys with less than stellar histories.

Guys like Christian Peter AFTER they found out he pleaded guilty to sexual assault. Or Kerry Collins who boozed his way out of Carolina and the Saints were happy to let him go as well. The Giants are too classy an organization to sign men of such low moral fiber.

The Jets would never have any player arrests if not for Ryan's loosey-goosey ways.

If only they'd just stuck with nice Herm (D.Robinson, A.Beasley, and J.Abraham arrested from 2001-2003) or disciplinarian Mangini (A.Jones, J.Miller, S.Ellis with the Jets and B.Edwards, D.Stallworth, C.Jennings, S.Rogers, R.Smith, and G.Lawson in his <2 years with Cleveland).

Here's a list of the angels on the classy Giants who were arrested in the last 10 years. I'm sure they were all just misunderstandings:

Plaxico Burress

12/1/2008

Turned himself on charge of criminal possession ofa handgun after accidentally shooting himself in thigh at New York nightclub. He did not have a permit for the Glock pistol. Indicted on two counts of criminal possession of a weapon and one count of reckless endangerment.

Kareem McKenzie

11/13/2008

Charged with drunken driving, reckless driving,driving on private property to avoid a traffic signal and driving with anexpired registration.

Danny Ware

9/28/2008

Geoffrey Pope

6/21/2008

Arrested in Detroit after allegedly hitting aman over the head with a champagne bottle.

Ahmad Bradshaw

6/15/2008

Surrendered to authorities to serve first of two 30-day jail terms for undisclosed probation violation. The probation stemmed from an undisclosed offense while he was a juvenile.

Incident was before he was on the Giants, and I like Bradshaw. But if he ever gets arrested again while playing for the Giants, I'm sure Fatcessa will be all over the Big Blue for their careless screening. I'm sure of it.

Antonio Pierce

2/13/2008

Summons issued for charge of neglecting one of his pit pulls.

Adrian Awasom

2/1/2008

Arrested on extreme DUI charge in Phoenix at 3 a.m., two days before team played in Super Bowl. (I think this one is my favorite).

Frank Walker

2/4/2005

Possession of stolen vehicle, use of weapon in committing felony.

David Tyree

3/2/2004

Charged with drug possession after being stopped for speeding and more than half-pound of marijuana found in car.

Keith Hamilton

5/22/2003

Arrest in N.J., on charges of cocaine, marijuana possession.

Jeremiah Parker

5/14/2001

Charged in Haledon, N.J., with aggravated manslaughter in connection with the death of his live-in girlfriend's 4-year-old son. (10 years in prison)

Since Ryan got to NY, here is the full list of NY Jets players arrested:

Braylon Edwards

[end of list]

Check it out: http://www.signonsan...rests-database/

POTY worthy. Well-researched!

LOLKareem McKenzie

11/13/2008

Danny Ware

9/28/2008

These two guys had been Jets and we'd wished they'd been kept. Ware was gone for less than a year, but how drunk do you have to be to get charged as a "pedestrian under the influence"? That's rough.

Archived