It feels odd to admit this...

AFJF

But baseball is boring. Don't care much for it anymore. I've been a Yankee fan since I was 11 years old. The only tat I have is a Yankee logo. I flew from England to New York to go to the final game at Yankee Stadium. It's not like I was a fair weather fan. Even when they won the WS last season, I watched from England and was like "meh."

Games are too long. Only a few teams are allowed to compete. When I watch anymore it's out of habit or boredom.

I told a friend of mine this the other day and she couldn't belive it. She was just speechless and stared at me.

Odd....

Damn that sucks. I fell out of following it a couple years ago, but I really enjoyed this season and even the '09 season.

The regular season is unnecessarily long though...and I really wish that Yankees-Phillies storyline got to happen.

I'm sure it doesn't help that I've been stationed overseas for four years now which means I probably only get to watch about a dozen games a year. When it is a rare occassion that I get to watch a game I find myself staring at the screen thinking "I used to love this game?"

Baseball has lost the kids. They still play it in leagues. But when they come home, they aren't watching it.

There will come a day when that is going to really hurt this league.

Yea...it makes me kinda sad because football is a pretty dumb sport to rep a country with.

I think I came back to the game recently because it hit me how much actual skill this sport requires. That plus you're really starting the notice the next great group of guys after the 90's and 00's bunch with guys like Clemens, Bonds, Maddux, and all the other legends leaving the game. Now there's your Felix Hernandez...Justin Verlander...Jason Heyward...baseball will find it's way back...They just really suck at marketing themselves here...Plus Americans have mind numbingly low attention spans.

I still love baseball.

And the everyday-ness of the game.

I miss it already

Yeah, I think that losing the "everyday-ness" has had a huge impact on my interest level. At this point to me it's as if they don't play the games, they just put the box scores on ESPN and that's what I get to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I still love baseball.

And the everyday-ness of the game.

I miss it already

Exactly. The best part of the sport is that after a long stressfull day on the job you can tune in to a game pretty much every day for 6 months. By Sept I lose a little interest unless a great local pennant race is going on.

Archived