OT: Jarhead

Alk

I realize this is gameday and all but this is of the utmost importance. I am here to save you some of your hard earned cash. Do not...I repeat DO NOT under any circumstances go see the movie Jarhead no matter how good the previews appear. Even if you want to have Jamie Fox's baby (Smizzy). It's just not worth it.

When it comes to movies, I am easily entertained and as I left the theater, I tried to think back to the last time that I was actually pissed off that I had spent my hard earned money on complete garbage. I'm still thinking by the way. So all I can say is if you're going to this movie looking for some action flic, you might want to go check out DOOM instead. I haven't seen it yet but I damn sure wish I had. :x

Are you serious? I really want to check tha out...I like that Donnie Darko kid...He's a damn good actor.

The devils rejects...That was the last POS I paid to see.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in the country other than Smizzy who saw that movie.

Are you serious? I really want to check tha out...I like that Donnie Darko kid...He's a damn good actor.

The devils rejects...That was the last POS I paid to see.

Dead serious dude. I think we normally have the same taste in movies and this one was plain garbage. Lets put it this way. The highlight of the movie was when they played Something In The Way by Nirvana. I honestly can't say what the direcetor of the movie was trying to pull over on people.

Dead serious dude. I think we normally have the same taste in movies and this one was plain garbage. Lets put it this way. The highlight of the movie was when they played Something In The Way by Nirvana. I honestly can't say what the direcetor of the movie was trying to pull over on people.

Was it anti-war or just about the soldiers? it's funny i thought it would be a pretty good movie, Sam Mendes (road to perdition) usually comes up with some good material.

Was it anti-war or just about the soldiers? it's funny i thought it would be a pretty good movie, Sam Mendes (road to perdition) usually comes up with some good material.

No, it was all about the soldiers and it still sucked donkey balls.

Sorry dude, take the kids to see Chicken Little instead. That's what I wish I had done.

My wife took Dylan today to see while I was @ the Game...They had a blast and both of them loved it. He wants daddy to take him this week after we go bowling on boys night out.

My wife took Dylan today to see while I was @ the Game...They had a blast and both of them loved it. He wants daddy to take him this week after we go bowling on boys night out.

Sweet, we met up with the wives and kids for bowling after the movie. I'll be damned if I didn't see a little kid in Jets attire at the bowling alley. :lol:

Was Donnie Darko any good in it? Did he atleast do a good job?

Yeah, he did a really good job but still...YEESH!! To be honest, for what it was, it was a well done movie but correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't it appear that this was supposed to be a balls to the wall war movie?

The movie was destined to failure. The fact that the foot soldier was invisible in the Gulf War kills any chance for action. I felt like I was watching a bunch of frat boys get off on testosterone the whole time.

The movie had no subtledy, there were solid themes throughout but it seemed as if the director was taking his audience for morons, he spoon fed everything right to the them.

The acting was as good as it could be with the weak characters.

One bright side was music, good music throughout.

GET SOME!

I realize this is gameday and all but this is of the utmost importance. I am here to save you some of your hard earned cash. Do not...I repeat DO NOT under any circumstances go see the movie Jarhead no matter how good the previews appear. Even if you want to have Jamie Fox's baby (Smizzy). It's just not worth it.

When it comes to movies, I am easily entertained and as I left the theater, I tried to think back to the last time that I was actually pissed off that I had spent my hard earned money on complete garbage. I'm still thinking by the way. So all I can say is if you're going to this movie looking for some action flic, you might want to go check out DOOM instead. I haven't seen it yet but I damn sure wish I had. :x

agree, it sucked,, and i see 3 movies a week at the theater...

saw 'good night and good luck',,it was very good,, also try 'history of violence'

I only went to see it in the movies because MBG said it was good. He lied. His a$$ owes me $9.

negatory sir...MBG said he was nutting up his panties in anticipation of the movie because he loved House of 1000 and thought DR looked raw as hell

it was the biggest disappointment of the year

however it wasn't the worst thing I saw that was actually Cry Wolf #-o

agree, it sucked,, and i see 3 movies a week at the theater...

saw 'good night and good luck',,it was very good,, also try 'history of violence'

I'll be honest I went into the movie with low expectations and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. I was expecting another politicized anti-war flick, but there was very little of that. Unfortunately, there are people like Cheddar Bob, and then we wonder where the term 'Ugly American' comes from.

However, this movie caught perfectly the stir-craziness that is being deployed in a combat role. If any of you have ever served, you know the saying "Hurry up and wait". You train and train and train and train until it doesn't make sense any more.

You're living with 100's of guys for months at a time eating sh*t, burning sh*t, smelling like sh*t.

I was deployed as a flight medic in Somalia. I was over there for more than 6 months, and worked on 2 wounded. It's enough to drive you batsh*t.

BTW, SJ? Did you really like "A History of Violence?" I thought that movie sucked baby goat dick.

I'll be honest I went into the movie with low expectations and was somewhat pleasantly surprised. I was expecting another politicized anti-war flick, but there was very little of that. Unfortunately, there are people like Cheddar Bob, and then we wonder where the term 'Ugly American' comes from.

However, this movie caught perfectly the stir-craziness that is being deployed in a combat role. If any of you have ever served, you know the saying "Hurry up and wait". You train and train and train and train until it doesn't make sense any more.

You're living with 100's of guys for months at a time eating Sh#t, burning Sh#t, smelling like Sh#t.

I was deployed as a flight medic in Somalia. I was over there for more than 6 months, and worked on 2 wounded. It's enough to drive you batsh*t.

BTW, SJ? Did you really like "A History of Violence?" I thought that movie sucked baby goat d!ck.

yes, i liked the dual flow, finding out answer half way thru and then the differentstory of dealing with the fact he was exposed.

The movie is about the Marine Corps, what do you expect? :lol:

Save your cash for the movies about the Army, now that's top shelf entertainment.

Platoon, We Were Soldiers, Blackhawk Down, should I continue? :lol:

In The Army Now

Sgt. Bilko

Shaving Ryan's Privates... oops, wrong thread

Yeah, he did a really good job but still...YEESH!! To be honest, for what it was, it was a well done movie but correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't it appear that this was supposed to be a balls to the wall war movie?

you see that was your problem right there, not the movie itself but your preconceptions before seeing it

the acting was good and the story was real, i liked it alot saw it yesterday and was happy with it

Archived