Mark Sanchez: Winningest QB in Jets Postseason history

Greenranger

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is kinda funny today how people remember things. At the half last night, people were ready to kill Sanchez. Some would have even advocated bringing in Brunell. But today, he's being referred to (here and other sites) as elite, probably a top-ten QB next season, Montana-esque. No one runs as hot and cold as a Jets fan.

Spot on. It is as if we forget how semi comfortable a lead we should have had for much of this game.

Again, kudos to Mark but the only reason we were in such a nail biter was his inability to make plays a NFL QB should in his sleep.

Please...he's awful. A good Qb and that game isnt even close.

I'm thrilled he doesnt get jilted by the big moment, but he's awful.

Agree on bolded piece that better QB play and we have a semi laugher, but he is not awful. We need to allow him a 3rd year under his belt like Brees and many, many other QB's required before they stepped up their game. If we are having this conversation this time next year, yes we have a problem.

If he's those measurements, I'm shocked, he looks like a fragile little China doll out there.

He's not very good. Its o.k because he wins, something I wont take away from him and credit him for often. I'm not quite sure why you are so defensive about it. I have the right to be critical of him as I do of any player on team. And even more so because he' the QB.

Being consistently high on throws, is the worst way to miss in the NFL.

I think in terms of his skill set, he shown you what he's got. Can he get better at the nuances of the games, probably, he seems like a sharp guy despite his inadequacies on the field. Hopefully he can learn from them, so far he hasnt shown me any reason to believe he will. My point is, yes, I think Mark is who Mark will always be. I hope I'm wrong. But I just dont see it in this kid. Sorry it offends you.

The way Mark was playing, I didnt think we'd score a single point.

If you don't see it you must be blind.

True. It is not like there are throws he cannot make. The problem is nerves the start of big games and possibly mechanics in that we see so many high throws and not completing some SIMPLE pitch and catch throws. Our WR's saved his bacon on the majority of his completions last night.

Agree on bolded piece that better QB play and we have a semi laugher, but he is not awful. We need to allow him a 3rd year under his belt like Brees and many, many other QB's required before they stepped up their game. If we are having this conversation this time next year, yes we have a problem.

He's got all the time he needs. He's winning and we are clearly committed to him.

Luckily it doesn't matter what jif or any other of the sanchez hatred see or don't see. Rex see's it and so doesalmost every other nfl analyst that has talked about his 2nd half performance today. He has IT and in time everyone whether they wantto or not will see it.

The issue is with the Jif-Dbatesman-Aten camp that says that Sanchez is inherently awful, doesn't do anything of redeemable quality, and will never improve.

It is? Wow. If I'd known that the issue was a straw man I'd never have bothered.

That's just stupid.

Sanchez wins ONE SB and he'll be the most winning Jet playoff QB by your standard. Namath only has 2 playoff victories. Sanchez doesn't need to win 2 titles to surpass Namath.

I cant decide what or who is more inaccurate.

Your QB assessment skills or Sanchos passes.

Vote please!

This debate comes down to people simply seeing what they want to see. The pessimistic Jets fans and those who dislike Mark remember nothing but a crappy first half performance that led to 0 points and had the Jets in a rather precarious situation. The optimistic Jets fans and those who like Mark remember a solid second half capped by a game-winning drive. Neither is really wrong, but it's really a matter of which you think is more similar to the real Mark Sanchez.

If Sanchez plays well throughout the game do the Jets run away with this? Very likely, yes. On the other hand, if he doesn't turn it around and plays just as awful in the second half, do the Jets lose? Very likely, yes. He's not great, but he definitely has some bright moments and has shown an ability to do something no Jets QB has been able to do, play his best at the end of games and pull out wins. Does he still need to get better? Absolutely, but he's in his second year at the toughest position in football. After 3 years in the league Drew Brees was considered one of the worst QBs in the NFL and just saw his team draft a QB #1 overall. He may piss me off sometimes, but given the success the Jets have had since he's been their QB, I'll take it for now.

This debate comes down to people simply seeing what they want to see. The pessimistic Jets fans and those who dislike Mark remember nothing but a crappy first half performance that led to 0 points and had the Jets in a rather precarious situation. The optimistic Jets fans and those who like Mark remember a solid second half capped by a game-winning drive. Neither is really wrong, but it's really a matter of which you think is more similar to the real Mark Sanchez.

If Sanchez plays well throughout the game do the Jets run away with this? Very likely, yes. On the other hand, if he doesn't turn it around and plays just as awful in the second half, do the Jets lose? Very likely, yes. He's not great, but he definitely has some bright moments and has shown an ability to do something no Jets QB has been able to do, play his best at the end of games and pull out wins. Does he still need to get better? Absolutely, but he's in his second year at the toughest position in football. After 3 years in the league Drew Brees was considered one of the worst QBs in the NFL and just saw his team draft a QB #1 overall. He may piss me off sometimes, but given the success the Jets have had since he's been their QB, I'll take it for now.

Sorry Bleedin but game winning drive???? WOW now thats a stretch. Cro made that possible not MS.

Yup. It shouldn't be hard to see that Sanchez was awful in the first half and made some throws when it counted. There are game it looks like he's striking play after play at will. Others he can't throw a 3 yard out.

He's not elite. I'd be glad if he became a "tier 2" QB that can win games for his team on his arm from time to time. For all the bashing JiF puts on him for being fragile, I think lions fans have a message for him.

EADGFYIH8U

Sorry Bleedin but game winning drive???? WOW now thats a stretch. Cro made that possible not MS.

LMFAO! Yea Sanchez had nothing to do with that game winning drive. hahahahaha wow. People really do just see what they wanna see. Sometimes I think Jet fans actually enjoy the misery because they never seem to want to let it go and think they have something special. We finally got a QB and all some of you can do is look at the negatives. Its almost as if you'll be pissed when he does succeed because then u cant bitch and moan about how you've suffered as a Jets fan for years. Never happy, nothing is ever good enough, i hope some of you struggle to get your foot out of your mouth when we win a superbowl and realize this kid is something special but more likely, you'll find something else to bitch about.

Nice post.

LMFAO! Yea Sanchez had nothing to do with that game winning drive. hahahahaha wow. People really do just see what they wanna see. Sometimes I think Jet fans actually enjoy the misery because they never seem to want to let it go and think they have something special. We finally got a QB and all some of you can do is look at the negatives. Its almost as if you'll be pissed when he does succeed because then u cant bitch and moan about how you've suffered as a Jets fan for years. Never happy, nothing is ever good enough, i hope some of you struggle to get your foot out of your mouth when we win a superbowl and realize this kid is something special but more likely, you'll find something else to bitch about.

You pull this game winning drive sh!t out of your a$$ because you heard someone somewhere say this once?

Sanchez had a chance to lead a true game winning drive when they had the ball with 4 minutes left. WHAT DID HE DO with that oportunity?

Defense won this game by getting the 3rd down stop, causing Colts to take 3 points and leave time on the clock.Cro made the win possible with the kick ret.

Did you see the pass Braylon had to catch for the 1st down before the kick??? GREAT catch of a sh!t throw.

I call it the way I see it. I am a huge NYJ fan but keep things real.

This team would win 14-15 games and get to the SB easily with a good QB.

You pull this game winning drive sh!t out of your a$$ because you heard someone somewhere say this once?

Sanchez had a chance to lead a true game winning drive when they had the ball with 4 minutes left. WHAT DID HE DO with that oportunity?

Defense won this game by getting the 3rd down stop, causing Colts to take 3 points and leave time on the clock.Cro made the win possible with the kick ret.

Did you see the pass Braylon had to catch for the 1st down before the kick??? GREAT catch of a sh!t throw.

Hmmm what did Sanchez do with 4:00 left? Oh yea throw a PERFECTLY CATCHABLE pass to Holmes who AGAIN drops a pass. But no, nobody wants to blame anyone else, why? Because having a sh*t QB makes us the poor old jets again which you have become accustomed to, its all you know. It's changed. Get over it. Is Sanchez perfect? No, not by any means but all year there have been drops and some even on TD passes. He got bailed out a few times yesterday but as usual came through when we needed him to.

Just admit it man, you love the suffering, you love saying your a Jets fan so people feel bad for you, you love the underdog role and Sanchez is ******* it all up!

And when I say YOU I dont just mean you by yourself, I'm talking about all the people who cant ever be happy about anything involving the Jets, who always look at the negatives.

He had a third down pass that hit his receiver in the hands and he dropped and then another third down which was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen, going for an extremely low percentage deep play when what you wanted was a first down much more so than even a quick score.

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez had plenty of opportunities throughout the game to put this one away earlier and failed. And the defense absolutely gets the credit first and foremost for this win. I will not argue with any of that, and I'm not sure anyone is trying to. However, none of that changes that he finally responded when it meant the most. Would you have rather he thrown a pick on that last drive? I just don't get it.

Which QB would that be? Peyton Manning? He just lost, and has lost repeatedly over the years with very talented teams. Tom Bieber? That guy managed to lose the SB after going 18-0 to that point. And he will probably lose to Sanchez next week. Or maybe you mean defending SB champ Drew Brees? He just lost too.

It's never easy making the SB. And this isn't fantasy football or Madden. If you want a top QB, you have to get that QB and go through the growing pains when nobody else says they want that QB.

You would have cut Peyton Manning his rookie year because he set the INT record. You would cut Elway in his first 4 since he was awful. You would have cut Steve Young because he didn't even get onto the field. You would have gotten rid of Troy Aikman. You wouldn't have signed Drew Brees because he had a shoulder injury and wasn't impressive. You wouldn't have signed Vick because you love dogs and hate him.

The list goes on and on. Guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in their primes do not hit the FA market. Drew Brees hit the market and only one team showed interest, and that team sucked!! Now Drew Brees won't hit the market of course.

So tell me how you're going to get one of these top guys in their prime. No team is stupid enough to just get rid of them so you can engage in your fantasy.

He had a third down pass that hit his receiver in the hands and he dropped and then another third down which was one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen, going for an extremely low percentage deep play when what you wanted was a first down much more so than even a quick score.

Don't get me wrong, Sanchez had plenty of opportunities throughout the game to put this one away earlier and failed. And the defense absolutely gets the credit first and foremost for this win. I will not argue with any of that, and I'm not sure anyone is trying to. However, none of that changes that he finally responded when it meant the most. Would you have rather he thrown a pick on that last drive? I just don't get it.

Bleedin all Im saying is that if he had not been throwing the ball 5 feet over his recievers and didnt throw the int before the half the NYJ would have won going away. No argument from me that he played better near the end of the game but sheeeesh, with the Pats coming up we need a complete game. Do you have faith he can deliver?

Bleedin all Im saying is that if he had not been throwing the ball 5 feet over his recievers and didnt throw the int before the half the NYJ would have won going away. No argument from me that he played better near the end of the game but sheeeesh, with the Pats coming up we need a complete game. Do you have faith he can deliver?

Let me add Brett Favre to that list of people you would have cut. That sounds like his playoff games his first few years. The dude would sail his first 13 or so passes in playoff games because he was so amped up.

Also he got traded from the Falcons, because they like you, can't see talent and had no patience.

Let me add Brett Favre to that list of people you would have cut. That sounds like his playoff games his first few years. The dude would sail his first 13 or so passes in playoff games because he was so amped up.

Also he got traded from the Falcons, because they like you, can't see talent and had no patience.

It really is amazing, I've never seen such a fan base that has had such struggles for so long look so negatively on a great situation. Like I said earlier though, thank god none of these people have ANY say or ANY impact on the decisions of this organization. The people in place do see what Sanchez will become and know how to get him there.

Some Jet fans are like a guy who never had a girlfriend, and got alot of attention and everyone felt sorry for him because they never had a girlfriend. They finally land a 8 and want to break up with her because shes not a 10 because they miss the attention.

Weak retort.

Wrong on all accts.

I wanted NYJ to draft BF but we got Nagled.

MS wasnt missing recievers because he was amped. He misses recievers because thats what he does. Even on his last pass of the game Braylon bailed him out.

Hers what I see.

NYJ are arguably the most talented team in the NFL with their QB as the weak link.

It really is amazing, I've never seen such a fan base that has had such struggles for so long look so negatively on a great situation. Like I said earlier though, thank god none of these people have ANY say or ANY impact on the decisions of this organization. The people in place do see what Sanchez will become and know how to get him there.

Some Jet fans are like a guy who never had a girlfriend, and got alot of attention and everyone felt sorry for him because they never had a girlfriend. They finally land a 8 and want to break up with her because shes not a 10 because they miss the attention.

You have a vivid imagination.

Weak retort.

Wrong on all accts.

I wanted NYJ to draft BF but we got Nagled.

MS wasnt missing recievers because he was amped. He misses recievers because thats what he does. Even on his last pass of the game Braylon bailed him out.

Hers what I see.

NYJ are arguably the most talented team in the NFL with their QB as the weak link.

2nd year QB who has led SIX game winning drives, won 11 games, helped us beat one of the best QB's of all time, and taken his team to the playoffs two years in a row. I'll take that weak link anyday.

Our franchise has a sh*tty history anyway, it doesnt take much to be the best or winningest at anything.

Hopefully Sanchez becomes more consistent. Im tired of the guessing game. "is he gonna be good this week" " Is he gonna suck it up"

Archived