Bandwagon Jumpers

Favorite_Toon

OK.. Not that I dont love for our Jets to be in the spotlight.. after being the ugly step brother to the giants for so long... and always second in this town.. sort of like the mets to the yankees.. Bu I have to admit it sickens me a lil... I mean you have these girls that are jet fans making all this noice and they probaly know about one player on the whole team.. hmm.... MARK Sanchez? lol I see alot more green and white around the city and I remember wearing my leather Jet jacket the day after the giants beat the pats.. in the superbowl.. and I was getting it from everyone... truck drivers... and now the tables have turned... Again its good for our brand... but its a lil sickening in a way.... Any True jets fan would feel the same way....

I am 36.. been watching since I am about 8.. No cable tv... my Tv had no reception unless you touched the rabbit ears a certain way.. I guess from the electric from your own body... so me and my brother would switch evey quarter.. who held the antenna... LOL Wearing my Al toon jerse and my brother wearing his freeman mcneil... playing football on the block in brooklyn and getting abused that the jets sucked... enough for many fist fights... That turned into wearing my neil odonnell jersey... to my chad pennington and so on... I seen us come very close (Browns) (Denver) (dolphins) (Steelers) (Colts) plus other heart breaks...and now we are on the brink of a life long dream for me and my brother and so many others... 1 game from the superbowl!! Good Luck real jet fans... we have waited a long time.... and some others on her have waited even longer then me.. I pray to god every night... seriously... That we make it..

I'm with you Toon. I always rep my favorite team, even throughout all the bad years. Always wearing my Jets sweatshirt at least once a week. Even when the team was 1-15, 6-10, whatever. People act all surprise that you would rep your team in bad times... why, I don't get it... because as far as I'm concerned if it's your team than it's your team

OK.. Not that I dont love for our Jets to be in the spotlight.. after being the ugly step brother to the giants for so long... and always second in this town.. sort of like the mets to the yankees.. Bu I have to admit it sickens me a lil... I mean you have these girls that are jet fans making all this noice and they probaly know about one player on the whole team.. hmm.... MARK Sanchez? lol I see alot more green and white around the city and I remember wearing my leather Jet jacket the day after the giants beat the pats.. in the superbowl.. and I was getting it from everyone... truck drivers... and now the tables have turned... Again its good for our brand... but its a lil sickening in a way.... Any True jets fan would feel the same way....

I am 36.. been watching since I am about 8.. No cable tv... my Tv had no reception unless you touched the rabbit ears a certain way.. I guess from the electric from your own body... so me and my brother would switch evey quarter.. who held the antenna... LOL Wearing my Al toon jerse and my brother wearing his freeman mcneil... playing football on the block in brooklyn and getting abused that the jets sucked... enough for many fist fights... That turned into wearing my neil odonnell jersey... to my chad pennington and so on... I seen us come very close (Browns) (Denver) (dolphins) (Steelers) (Colts) plus other heart breaks...and now we are on the brink of a life long dream for me and my brother and so many others... 1 game from the superbowl!! Good Luck real jet fans... we have waited a long time.... and some others on her have waited even longer then me.. I pray to god every night... seriously... That we make it..

Don't sweat it mate. The bandwagon exists in every City around the Country when "their" team does well. As a Boston sports fan I am pretty much an expert on the bandwagon douche factor. Two words will sum up the bandwagon factor for you: Red Sox.

90 percent of this board are bandwagon jumpers......u shoulda seen the ridiculous posts here in December...stuff you wouldnt believe!!

How about when I logged in today? There were a ton of usernames I had never seen before. Embrace the bandwagon Jets fans as it is rolling!

Don't sweat it mate. The bandwagon exists in every City around the Country when "their" team does well. As a Boston sports fan I am pretty much an expert on the bandwagon douche factor. Two words will sum up the bandwagon factor for you: Red Sox.

I thought you were going to say: Pink hats.

:D

I hate bandwagon fans as much as anybody. What I realized though is that even if we do win the superbowl, they won't get the satisfaction that we will as real fans. Hopping on board at the very end when they don't really even like the team can't bring them much joy, so I try to block it out. What does bother me is bandwagon fans that think they are diehards, that's what really gets me mad.

I went to undergrad at Northeastern and I honestly felt bad for real boston fans as they had to deal with the hundreds of thousands of college students, many of whom didn't even watch sports until moving to boston. It drove me nuts to hear people talk about how they didn't even watch sports, but than i see them at the local bars taunting me, because I'm a new york fan.

There's nothing worse than having someone proclaim they are a diehard fan, but than you see them lose a world series or divisional championship etc. and be like oh well whatever. They can say that, because they have invested zero percent of their time. I know we all get more satisfaction out of a win from our teams than the bandwagoners, but it's still pretty annoying. Especially considering it's a lot of the bandwagoners that are obnoxious and give the true fans bad names.

I give credit, I'm way to proud of a fan to just let a bandwagon fan to slip away and enjoy cheering when they aren't there during the bad times. I don't care if I'm THAT guy or not but I'll call the person out and just verbally bitch them out until they quiet their nonsense rants or even take off their stuff. A few of my Giant fans (who I assumed as bandwagon fans) were total assholes and held their ground during both the Wild Card and Divisional rounds cheering hard against us. A piece of me has more respect for an outright bitter fan who isn't in the playoffs than just somebody who is cheering just because, because in reality I wouldn't have ownership in a team I'm casually following winning or true care, only satisfaction to see that the team I was rooting against lost.

We should all grow fearful though, since the bandwagon is going to start getting just a bit larger...

Archived