Evidence Shottenheimer has to go... goalline plays

aec4

And I not only believe there is very little talent discrepancy between Rodgers and Sanchez, I think Sanchez is the more talented of the two. He is generally very accurate. Both Steve Young and Ron Jaworski have commented that Sanchez is generally an accurate passer, so anytime he misses a pass chances are it's due to injury or something else. But of course, Schitty supporters know more and are always right all the damn time, regardless of what anybody else says or what the actual results would be.

the sheer outlandishness of this must of caused my brain synapses to stop momentarily firing the first time i read it cause it literally didn't even register.

Wow. Just wow.

Sanchez has a much, much better oline and running game to work with, yet Rodgers out performs him by a mile. Put rodgers on this team and we might be 17-0 right now. I can't imagine how someone could watch both players and think they are the same. Even Rex doesn't think so, and he's one of the biggest homers there is!!!

It was obvious to everyone except Gato and Rex that we have problems with our offensive coaching.

Things that are obvious to everyone are usually wrong.

And you don't think playcalling or coaching got them down 24-0 in the first place?

No. Playing bad got them down 24-0 in the first place. I don't see any threads blaming Pettine for calling defenses where nobody tackles the ball carrier.

Wow. Just wow.

^hates Puerto Ricans.

What a load of bullsh*t. We did not have a top 10 offense, and I don't think Favre ever even passed over 300 yards in a game. We had maybe 2 good games all year, including the Arizona game where we had something like 6 short fields that totally skewed the results, and only in points scored. In terms of yardage, TOP, YPA, YPC etc. we were actually bottom 12 in the league. I remember looking all this up and there should be a post somewhere that I break everything down and show how average the offense actually was.

Do it. I did at one point. IIRC they were averaging 29.6 ppg when he got hurt. That would have lead the league over 16 games. Disregard the Cardinals game and it does drop. It drops all the way down to 26.7 ppg. That would put them at a tie for 3rd. They were averaging 343 ypg. This is where presumably your "mediocre" argument comes in, They'd be 14th, but they'd still be well above average. Hell they were above average including the games when that fossil was hurt. You might as well go and look up the stats, because you are wrong. Overall for the season they were 5th overall in ypc. I don't think they were bottom 12 in any of those categories for the season, let alone when the Wrangler man got injured.

And I not only believe there is very little talent discrepancy between Rodgers and Sanchez, I think Sanchez is the more talented of the two. He is generally very accurate. Both Steve Young and Ron Jaworski have commented that Sanchez is generally an accurate passer, so anytime he misses a pass chances are it's due to injury or something else.

Put down the crack pipe. We are taking Jaworski's word for it now? The man that said Kellen Clemens was NFL ready? Jaworski and Rodgers are on record as having a rift that dates to before the draft. You think those guys don't just squawk to get people to watch?

I like him, but, when I was coming out, he did the worst segment in the history of TV about me talking about my fundamentals. It was not even close to anywhere near my fundamentals. The first time I met him, someone introduced me to him and I said, ‘Yeah I know him. He's the guy who ripped me before the draft.' The rest of the night he told me how great I was. I was like, ‘I know your song and dance.' And now he loves me.

Aaron Rodgers on Ron Jaworksi

Why the hell is he not just calling an audible when he's having trouble with the headset? I mean, come on Mark. I don't get that; we wasted a lot of time that way.

Exactly!

And I not only believe there is very little talent discrepancy between Rodgers and Sanchez, I think Sanchez is the more talented of the two.

:rl:

No seriously

:bwahaharoll:

What a load of bullsh*t. We did not have a top 10 offense, and I don't think Favre ever even passed over 300 yards in a game. We had maybe 2 good games all year, including the Arizona game where we had something like 6 short fields that totally skewed the results, and only in points scored. In terms of yardage, TOP, YPA, YPC etc. we were actually bottom 12 in the league. I remember looking all this up and there should be a post somewhere that I break everything down and show how average the offense actually was.

But since you like looking and drawing conclusions from that, the Jets offense looks dysfunctional and inept. There were articles for virtually all year talking about how bad the Jets offense looked. But to Schitty supporters, any excuse and any revisionist history will work.

And I not only believe there is very little talent discrepancy between Rodgers and Sanchez, I think Sanchez is the more talented of the two. He is generally very accurate. Both Steve Young and Ron Jaworski have commented that Sanchez is generally an accurate passer, so anytime he misses a pass chances are it's due to injury or something else. But of course, Schitty supporters know more and are always right all the damn time, regardless of what anybody else says or what the actual results would be.

Bottom line, this fanbase has absolutely no experience with top talent QBs so nobody knows how to react. Sanchez is one of the better talents in the league and virtually everyone that knows football has said, in only his second year, that this guy is a top 10 talent in the league and will probably be one of the best QBs in the league for the next 10 years.

But somehow Schitty supporters would rather tell you Schitty's mediocre offenses are the result of getting a bad hand and having terrible QBs at the helm. I wish they'd trade Sanchez tomorrow. Maybe to the Eagles. Or the Giants. I don't really care, hell trade Sanchez to the Raiders. I guarantee Sanchez would continue to excel, and Schitty would continue to put up mediocre numbers.

But realistically, no franchise is stupid enough to ditch a top 5 draft pick QB who has a 95 QB rating and 4 road playoff wins in only 2 years in the league. The only people that think a QB like that is at fault and is dragging down the OC are Jets fans, and probably only about 4 total ones and they all post on this site. In person I have yet to meet either a Jets or Giants fan that doesn't like Sanchez.

Mark this one down: Rodgers will have a worse day than Sanchez did against the Steelers.

You cannot be taken seriously anymore, Rodgers is best QB in NFL and will win more SB's than Favreee

To compare Sanchez with AR is beyond dumb

I think there's a chance Sanchez makes a significant leap forward in his completion% next year...3rd year out of college with already almost 40 NFL starts under his belt...time to push thing forward. Schottenheimer must work with Sanchez so that Schottenheimer can improve his playcall completion%.

I also think he'll improve. I just don't think he's anywhere near the lever where rodgers is where he can dominat against a defense designed to stop him with a leaaky Oline. All we're hoping for now is that he can make teams pay for gearing up to stop the run behind our stout offensive line

Sanchez in his second year is ahead of guys like Rivers, Brees and Rodgers. If you want to compare those players to him, you have to compare them in Year 2. Sanchez wins all of those comparisons hands down.

Now if you want to compare them from their 4th or 5th years, you're going to have to wait.

Sanchez in his second year is ahead of guys like Rivers, Brees and Rodgers. If you want to compare those players to him, you have to compare them in Year 2. Sanchez wins all of those comparisons hands down.

Now if you want to compare them from their 4th or 5th years, you're going to have to wait.

Why does he beat big ben in year 2?

ben went to the championship game as a rookie, won a SB in his econd year, had better td/int ratio, better rating, better ypa, better completion %.. there's like 0 better that sanchez has done, and sanchez has a better oline in front of him

The entire 2nd half was a disaster from a clock management perspective. No urgency at all. The Jets were beating up that Steelers D.

they had backed off.. probably spent half time making travel arrangements..

Why does he beat big ben in year 2?

ben went to the championship game as a rookie, won a SB in his econd year, had better td/int ratio, better rating, better ypa, better completion %.. there's like 0 better that sanchez has done, and sanchez has a better oline in front of him

Why are you bringing up Ben now? I didn't list him, and you weren't comparing Sanchez to him. Ben's 35 QB rating on Sunday though sure showed how much better he is than Sanchez I guess.

Why are you bringing up Ben now? I didn't list him, and you weren't comparing Sanchez to him. Ben's 35 QB rating on Sunday though sure showed how much better he is than Sanchez I guess.

If Sanchez gets to within 90% of Rodgers level, we all will be very happy.

I misread brees as ben..

and hey, hope you're right, I hope sanchez is the best qb to ever play the game. I just think you're a lot off when you insinuate that he is now.

Lining up 7 yards deep on a run from the one yard line...brilliant!

I know it's been said a thousand times, but one more:

Greene was on fire that drive. he just plowed to the one. On first and goal, the way he rammed that lined, everyone must have been thinking that one or two more of those and he wasn't being denied!!! It's sort of like using a battering ram to get into a bolted steel door. You smash it twice, break the lock and the door's barely hanging on. Then you drop back 50 yards and try to shot the hinges with a pistol.

or some sh*t like that!!!!!!!!!!!! lol(but not really)

the bottom line is that 37 year old offensive coordinators that are 12th overall in offense don't get fired. If he was 22nd or 32nd we could talk about it. 12th is trending upward and there's no obvious upgrade on the market to replace him with... so it's a moot point.

neither do 37 yr old OC's that the coach likes, who has gone to two straight AFC title games. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't, but you're probably right.

My final thought on this, i believe, is that in the last 25 years we have had AWFUL OC's, and in my life of following football I have seen many more bad OC's than good. They are always getting ripped. look at the Packer/Bears game. their forum looked just like ours after that last drive by Chicago.

You got your Mike Martz' who had a stacked team on turf, your Norv turners and Andy reid's who are loosers anyway.

I don't know. I'm willing to let the dude correct his mistakes, but..........

Damn, even his Friggn'loser pops would have definitely ran SG 4 times!!!

Okay, I'll bite. Can you please explain how comparing Sanchez favorably to Rodgers in year two has anything to do with Schottenhiemer's coaching?

I think there's a chance Sanchez makes a significant leap forward in his completion% next year...3rd year out of college with already almost 40 NFL starts under his belt...time to push thing forward. Schottenheimer must work with Sanchez so that Schottenheimer can improve his playcall completion%.

As far as Sanchez goes, it's obvious that he is on track to be in the top group as far as success of 1st rounders who came in to save the day. I mean, first you got your Ryan Leaf's. Then, there's the group with JeMarcus Russell or Alex Smith...

Not counting dudes like Brady that came out of nowhere. I'm talking High profile 1st rounders that started as a rookie. Just glancing through some stats it's obvious. They are all mediocre as rookies, they improve big time in year two and three, and at that point they either:

- take off and get better and better until they slow down due to age, OR

- they fall off for whatever reason, some quicker and steeper than others. Guys like Jim Everett, Carson Palmer (it seems), David Carr, Byron Leftwich

Usually their record sucks year one and it turns around year two. Rothlesberger was an anomaly who was real good and winning from the jump. Matt Ryan was a stud from the jump but missed playoffs twice after getting to the title game. McNabb only played sporadically in year one and came out blazing in in his first full year. Manning struggled year one like 99% and came on year two with 26TD 15 INT but couldn't get out of the first round.(I'm sorry football god's, but I'd have to say Peyton is a loser. At least he's Phil Mickelson.)

Anyway, overall Sanchez is doing great, especially in the W-L category.

I scraped up a few stats from other notable high first rounders who have been successful just to compare. Of course there are many more, but this tells the tale. (I'm pissed enough I did this many. lol):

W-L comp% TD INT RATE

Drew Bledsoe (1st round #1 stud) year one- 5-7 49.9 15 15 65.0

year two 10-7 57.0 25 27 73.5

(0-1 in playoffs)

Troy Aikman (1st round #1 stud) 0-11 52.9 9 18 56

7-8 56.0 11 18 66.0

(0 in playoffs)

John Elway (1st round #1 stud) 4-6 47.5 7 14 54.9

12-2 56.3 18 15 76.8

(0 playoffs)

Vince young (1st round #3 stud) 8-6 51.5 12 13 66.7

9-6 62.3 9 17 71.1

(0-1 in playoffs)

Mark Sanchez (1st round #5 ?) 10-8 53.8 12 20 63.0

13-6 54.8 17 13 75.3

(4-1 in playoffs)

Next year is TRULY the rubber year!!!!!!!!

As far as Sanchez goes, it's obvious that he is on track to be in the top group as far as success of 1st rounders who came in to save the day. I mean, first you got your Ryan Leaf's. Then, there's the group with JeMarcus Russell or Alex Smith...

Not counting dudes like Brady that came out of nowhere. I'm talking High profile 1st rounders that started as a rookie. Just glancing through some stats it's obvious. They are all mediocre as rookies, they improve big time in year two and three, and at that point they either:

- take off and get better and better until they slow down due to age, OR

- they fall off for whatever reason, some quicker and steeper than others. Guys like Jim Everett, Carson Palmer (it seems), David Carr, Byron Leftwich

Usually their record sucks year one and it turns around year two. Rothlesberger was an anomaly who was real good and winning from the jump. Matt Ryan was a stud from the jump but missed playoffs twice after getting to the title game. McNabb only played sporadically in year one and came out blazing in in his first full year. Manning struggled year one like 99% and came on year two with 26TD 15 INT but couldn't get out of the first round.

(I'm sorry football God's, but I'd have to say Peyton is a loser. At least he's Phil Mickelson.)

Anyway, overall Sanchez is doing great, especially in the W-L category.

I scraped up a few stats from other notable high first rounders who have been successful just to compare. Of course there are many more, but this tells the tale. (I'm pissed enough I did this many. lol): sorry it looks like crap. maybe i could get a tutorial. (first two years)

W-L comp% TD INT RATE

Drew Bledsoe (1st round #1 stud)

5-7 49.9 15 15 65.0

10-7 57.0 25 27 73.5

(0-1 in playoffs)

Troy Aikman (1st round #1 stud)

0-11 52.9 9 18 53

7-8 56.0 11 18 66.0

(0 in playoffs)

John Elway (1st round #1 stud)

4-6 47.5 7 14 54.9

12-2 56.3 18 15 76.8

(0 playoffs)

Vince young (1st round #3 stud)

8-6 51.5 12 13 66.7

9-6 62.3 9 17 71.1

(0-1 in playoffs)

Mark Sanchez (1st round #5 ?)

10-8 53.8 12 20 63.0

13-6 54.8 17 13 75.3

(4-1 in playoffs)

Next year is TRULY the rubber year!!!!!!!!

http://www.seabreezecomputers.com/html2bbcode/

Archived