If we can't re-sign Holmes and Edwards...

nj meadowlands

What about inking Braylon and signing Santana Moss, whose contract was just voided by the Redskins after a career year?

I've always been a little critical of "Sideline Santana", but if we can't bring back both BE and Santonio, I'm choosing Braylon. And maybe Moss would come at a significant discount from Holmes.

If Tannenbaum wants to keep his job, there's no chance in hell he lets Santonio Holmes even visit with another team.

He is a Top 5 WR in the NFL who single-handedly won a handful of games for the Jets this year.

Not to mention, he's still got a TON left in the tank.

They were 3-1 with neither (only loss was to the eventual super bowl champs) and a QB with 16 games of experience since high school.

Huh? Drew Brees?

Hate to say it but Smith is probably a goner. What exactly is his role on this team moving forward? The wildcat is no longer needed. He's a good kick returner, but we have a good kick return unit so we should be able to plug someone in. He doesn't catch passes, really.

I'm now more convinced that we must re-sign both Edwards and Holmes. Edwards is more important to me, but I think we need them both back. Need to provide the quarterback with stability. It's also time to bring in a rookie receiver and have him begin to generate some chemistry with Sanchez as well. Maybe they think Turner can be that guy.

Then you try to sign Cro and Harris with whatever you have left, but make that second priority.

Then draft defense like crazy. Defense, defense, defense, only defense. (And 1 WR)

Huh? Drew Brees?

Hate to say it but Smith is probably a goner. What exactly is his role on this team moving forward? The wildcat is no longer needed. He's a good kick returner, but we have a good kick return unit so we should be able to plug someone in. He doesn't catch passes, really.

I'm now more convinced that we must re-sign both Edwards and Holmes. Edwards is more important to me, but I think we need them both back. Need to provide the quarterback with stability. It's also time to bring in a rookie receiver and have him begin to generate some chemistry with Sanchez as well. Maybe they think Turner can be that guy.

Then you try to sign Cro and Harris with whatever you have left, but make that second priority.

Then draft defense like crazy. Defense, defense, defense, only defense. (And 1 WR)

I don't get it.

Last year they got Edwards for Week 5. They started the immortal Chansi Stuckey and Cotchery at WR for weeks 1-4. 3-1 with a loss to the Saints.

Archived