WrestleMafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

SMC might not have scum motives behind his case... but for the reasons I've stated at length, I think it has serious holes in it. So watching people say "good work" and "I agree" about the people he FOS'ed and then following his lead on it by voting me, or Vic, is damning in my opinion to those following him. See what I'm saying... ?

I think SMC's entire game has been an abortion. From the limp dick response to pressure he took early on, to the fetal position he assumed when his train starting hitting full stride, to the OMGUS preposterous vote on me. I realize it doesn't make sense for Song to implicate herself if they're scum but I'm having a hard time wanting to follow any course of action he's laying out for us.

Slats is another impostor... For a supposedly brilliant mind all he has done is fudge up one decision after another for the better part of 2 games..

it's a comedy of errors with these 2.

have a nice day.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about "general impression" doesn't convey "in general" to you?

Really? All you are doing here is splitting hairs, and moving the dialogue further away from what you originally wrote... which was:

I'm liking JIF and I28 as my scum contenders right now. I'm still catching up but I think he's been leading us on a wild goose chase here...

I'll say it again, because I think you are being intentionally thick and arrogant here... You made a statement about JIF and I being scum candidates, and followed it with a statement about a wild goose chase... WITHOUT making it clear that they were de-coupled statements. Therefore, its quite easy to assume based upon the way you worded that sentence that the "goose chase" is related to the leading comment about JIF and I. Especially since I am the subject of both sentences. That is why I questioned it, and frankly the more you try to paint this as a "I28 can't read argument" the more I think you ****ed up.

Now you would have us believe that your meant, "I'm liking JIF and I28 as my scum contenders right now. I'm still catching up, but I think I28 has been chasing every person possible trying to distract the town." If that is what you meant, then that is probably how you should have said it...

Really? All you are doing here is splitting hairs, and moving the dialogue further away from what you originally wrote... which was:

I'll say it again, because I think you are being intentionally thick and arrogant here... You made a statement about JIF and I being scum candidates, and followed it with a statement about a wild goose chase... WITHOUT making it clear that they were de-coupled statements. Therefore, its quite easy to assume based upon the way you worded that sentence that the "goose chase" is related to the leading comment about JIF and I. Especially since I am the subject of both sentences. That is why I questioned it, and frankly the more you try to paint this as a "I28 can't read argument" the more I think you ****ed up.

Now you would have us believe that your meant, "I'm liking JIF and I28 as my scum contenders right now. I'm still catching up, but I think I28 has been chasing every person possible trying to distract the town." If that is what you meant, then that is probably how you should have said it...

So far you've posted telling others that they're thick, arrogant, posting a lot with no substance, contradictory, etc. Did you ever consider the fact that you're guilty of all of those yourself and I'm doing this to humor myself? Regardless, I posted after that that was a general impression, not related to me personally or JiF. Yet you continued to go on about my statement about JiF being contradictory. This is like the third time I've clarified that...it's frustrating. Just get over it.

We haven't seen it here. Not discounting it as a possibility, but we haven't seen it. SMC seemed to be trying to draw attention to himself earlier, but since that reveal has been playing more like he usually does as town. I'm definitely inclined to believe them to be a straight town mason team at this time.

You initially voted me to put pressure on me, despite the fact that we seem to've agreed on a lot of the game's play so far. Anything I haven't answered for you yet in my responses to Dr. Chimpass?

I'm pretty confident that they're the real deal. In a big game like this it would have been too risky putting themselves out there like that if they were scum. There was only 1 kill last night, but with 20 people and this theme, there could have easily been an SK. In a smaller game, it could be a brilliant move for scum, but not with 20 people. Plus SMC seemed to play pretty much by the book last game as scum, I dont think he would play that risky.

One thing to worry about with the whole SMC-Song thing. Some suggested their guilt becoming more apparent if they start surviving to the late game. Wouldn't it make sense for the scum to purposely leave them in the game for that very reason...i.e. undermine their support or however you want to describe it so that come mid to end game we start lynching them because they're around? It's a slippery slope, but I really doubt scum would pull that whole tag-team thing off anyways.

I'm hoping that SK day one on me was a lone attempt by a scum with a single shot rather than some sort of third party. We'll find that out, I suppose, if we don't get any similar event tonight.

I think SMC's entire game has been an abortion. From the limp dick response to pressure he took early on, to the fetal position he assumed when his train starting hitting full stride, to the OMGUS preposterous vote on me. I realize it doesn't make sense for Song to implicate herself if they're scum but I'm having a hard time wanting to follow any course of action he's laying out for us.

Slats is another impostor... For a supposedly brilliant mind all he has done is fudge up one decision after another for the better part of 2 games..

it's a comedy of errors with these 2.

have a nice day.

FU, you whinny little bitch. I'm not asking you or anyone else to follow a course of action. I just prefer to rely on something more than just gut, guess, or natural suspicion.

Also, Pacturd, weren't you the one who suggested that we should look at the train votes?

Regardless, I don't give a sh*t what you think, what you say, or what you do.

One thing to worry about with the whole SMC-Song thing. Some suggested their guilt becoming more apparent if they start surviving to the late game. Wouldn't it make sense for the scum to purposely leave them in the game for that very reason...i.e. undermine their support or however you want to describe it so that come mid to end game we start lynching them because they're around? It's a slippery slope, but I really doubt scum would pull that whole tag-team thing off anyways.

I'm hoping that SK day one on me was a lone attempt by a scum with a single shot rather than some sort of third party. We'll find that out, I suppose, if we don't get any similar event tonight.

Mr Socko told me about that Wifom earlier today. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now but certainly something to keep our eye on. If they made that move as scum you gotta give it up to them. Maybe our cop has already taken a look at one of them and if not should tonight...

FU, you whinny little bitch. I'm not asking you or anyone else to follow a course of action. I just prefer to rely on something more than just gut, guess, or natural suspicion.

Also, Pacturd, weren't you the one who suggested that we should look at the train votes?

Your anger makes Mr Socko stronger.

have mercy...

btw yes I thought it was a good idea to look at the trains... If you notice I'm voting one of the guys that was on all 3.

The first half of your post makes sense. CTM was wailing about having certain people on his train, so it's possible the scum team viewed that as more of a threat to them than helping them out. Which does throw suspicion on us. Otherwise, it should be much better for them to keep CTM alive.

It's definitely fair to comment on the wishy-washiness of Dan's posts because sure, it might be an okay way to cover your butt as scum. It just felt like a particularly clean Day 1. Scum must have been playing pretty cleanly if our top trains all yielded townies, right? Townies were also playing pretty town-like overall, as evidenced by the weak cases being made. It was genuinely difficult to make a strong case on anyone for most of Day 1. The only person not playing really cleanly was SMC, and he's been vouched for. Not going to pretend to see what's not there just to give an appearance of taking a strong stance.

It wasn't until yesterday that things started to get more interesting, with more people coming out of the woodwork and more questionable behavior going on ...

No offense, but I just don't buy that. That's all hindsight; day 1 cases are almost always weak. There was no way to know that they were town before they revealed, and its not like scum are immune to weak day 1 cases. My problem with it isn't about not taking a strong stance, its about covering your a$$. You can do that any time you pressure someone whether its a solid case or a weak one, because there's usually a chance its just a townie that screwed up.

Anyway, you seem to be representing a post restriction too with the third person stuff. My guess would be the Rock, but it seems a little convenient. You could have easily chosen to do that after Pac started started doing it first.

unvote

vote: Vic

I agree about not liking it when he just votes for an inactive and waits. By all means feel free to pressure inactives, but I want to know who you think is scum too while your vote sits there.

No offense, but I just don't buy that. That's all hindsight; day 1 cases are almost always weak. There was no way to know that they were town before they revealed, and its not like scum are immune to weak day 1 cases. My problem with it isn't about not taking a strong stance, its about covering your a$$. You can do that any time you pressure someone whether its a solid case or a weak one, because there's usually a chance its just a townie that screwed up.

Anyway, you seem to be representing a post restriction too with the third person stuff. My guess would be the Rock, but it seems a little convenient. You could have easily chosen to do that after Pac started started doing it first.

unvote

I agree about not liking it when he just votes for an inactive and waits. By all means feel free to pressure inactives, but I want to know who you think is scum too while your vote sits there.

Why does Dan keep referring to her/himself in the 3rd person? Bang bang!

Was that Dan's first time speaking in third person? Has she spoken in first person previously? I believe she has mentioned that she is not very knowledgeable about wrestling, so I would assume if it wasn't real that someone else on the scum team told her about it. If it's been consistent since day one it's probably legitimate. I would check those things but I'm going to sleep now...babysitting tomorrow early and I gotta get in some sort of sleep pattern for school.

Good stuff picking up on that, Sharrow...

Was that Dan's first time speaking in third person? Has she spoken in first person previously? I believe she has mentioned that she is not very knowledgeable about wrestling, so I would assume if it wasn't real that someone else on the scum team told her about it. If it's been consistent since day one it's probably legitimate. I would check those things but I'm going to sleep now...babysitting tomorrow early and I gotta get in some sort of sleep pattern for school.

Good stuff picking up on that, Sharrow...

fwiw, I went back and read and Dan has been talking in the 3rd person since the beginning of the game. Generally preferring to just drop pronouns such as I or me in favor of referring to herself as Dan in every post. Almost like she's been trying to hide it. The fact that it hasn't been noticed until now would suggest she's done a decent job.

Pac's been cleared in the minds of some because of his post restriction. Do we clear Dan, too? Or do we revisit Pac?

unvote

Not saying only town are subject to weak cases, scum can have weak cases on them too. The key word is weak. The point was, if everyone's playing pretty cleanly (nothing blatantly erratic, no outbursts, etc.) the cases are all going to be weak. The fact that you don't see (or are pretending not to see) the difference is a bit curious. Covering your butt is a lot different than saying - on Day 1 - that it's hard to get a strongly scummy read on anyone.

CTM already asked about Dan speaking in the third person, then dropped it. Been trying to somewhat circumvent it so it didn't become grating, although Bleedin said there needed to be some "Dan" references in there from time to time, otherwise he would tighten up the restriction.

Why does Dan keep referring to her/himself in the 3rd person? Bang bang!

Why has Dan been saying she believes your post restriction and feels okay about you? Bang bang!

Granted, also didn't want much undue attention regarding the restriction and wanted to see who would pick up on it themselves.

Why has Dan been saying she believes your post restriction and feels okay about you? Bang bang!

Granted, also didn't want much undue attention regarding the restriction and wanted to see who would pick up on it themselves.

Is that your take? I assume you'd tell me you're town, so you feel that Pac with his post restriction would also be town?

Is that your take? I assume you'd tell me you're town, so you feel that Pac with his post restriction would also be town?

Kind of ... seems unfair to do that to scum. Look at all the attention he got right off the bat. Especially when it comes to discussing alignment, and from what SMC has said, it seems like many wrestlers have been "good" and "bad." Dan felt instant empathy for Pac, hehe. Suppose it could be that one of us is town-aligned and the other is not, though.

Kind of ... seems unfair to do that to scum. Look at all the attention he got right off the bat. Especially when it comes to discussing alignment, and from what SMC has said, it seems like many wrestlers have been "good" and "bad." Dan felt instant empathy for Pac, hehe. Suppose it could be that one of us is town-aligned and the other is not, though.

But even in that case ... Dan thinks her post restriction seems way scummier than Pac's. Dan was at least able to hide hers a little. Why would scum have the worse PR?

Yeah.

Just one player with a post restriction, and I would tend to think it's a town role, too. With two of you, that changes things. As Crusher mentioned earlier, in the Super Hero game he was scum (the Joker) and had a post restriction where he had to make a joke every post. Don't even recall if there was a townie with a post restriction in that game. So it's not like we haven't seen it.

Just a little more to think about.

But even in that case ... Dan thinks her post restriction seems way scummier than Pac's. Dan was at least able to hide hers a little. Why would scum have the worse PR?

I think most people think the way you do - that it's unfair to put such a post restriction on scum because it makes them stand out too much. But in that sense, it's almost unfair to the town to give scum a post restriction that makes them see that person as innocent because of it.

Smart of that bastard Bleedin' to put two post restricted players in the game...

Yeah.

Just one player with a post restriction, and I would tend to think it's a town role, too. With two of you, that changes things. As Crusher mentioned earlier, in the Super Hero game he was scum (the Joker) and had a post restriction where he had to make a joke every post. Don't even recall if there was a townie with a post restriction in that game. So it's not like we haven't seen it.

Yeah, that was the game where JiF also had to make drunken rambles as Iron Man and Arsis (?) had to talk in the third person as Thor. They were both masons ... thought the Hulk character might have been another mason but don't remember if he had a post restriction.

You're right that two of us changes things a little, and maybe Bleedin was balancing it out by giving one to each side. Either that, or Bleedin dislikes Pac and Dan. Feeling like Dan is the one with the shadier post restriction, though, so not sure what to make of that.

I think most people think the way you do - that it's unfair to put such a post restriction on scum because it makes them stand out too much. But in that sense, it's almost unfair to the town to give scum a post restriction that makes them see that person as innocent because of it.

Smart of that bastard Bleedin' to put two post restricted players in the game...

Maybe to balance out the masons? Haha. A pair of townies with extra communication powers who can confirm each other, and a pair of townies with restricted communication to **** with everyone.

You're right, it was hasty to lean town on Pac right away, but Dan at least feels pretty confident that he's not faking the post restriction. Dan can relate to his frustration.

Yeah.

In that case we should lynch Pac for euthanasia purposes.

So far you've posted telling others that they're thick, arrogant, posting a lot with no substance, contradictory, etc. Did you ever consider the fact that you're guilty of all of those yourself and I'm doing this to humor myself? Regardless, I posted after that that was a general impression, not related to me personally or JiF. Yet you continued to go on about my statement about JiF being contradictory. This is like the third time I've clarified that...it's frustrating. Just get over it.

That is how I play the game, I am an aggressor. I do it to get under people's skin, I believe that people are more prone to tip their hand when their emotions drive their responses, and not logic. Dan gets it, she doesn't need you to stick up for her... her posts have been filled with pretty much no substance.

Like I've already stated, your clarification did not suit me. It could have been a simple "my bad, what I mean was..." not, but instead it was an insult about my reading comprehension... followed by one note after another that moved further from you owning the fact that the initial post was either a contradiction or at least misleading.

I hate it when guys like you stoke the fire and then whimper when they realize they bit off more than they can chew. This is a part of the game... you ******* get over it.

Mr. Socko says your supposed post restriction sounds like a lot of hullabaloo... What Mod sends out a PR and says to use it "from time to time"... If thats true why are you using it every post now?

You are far from clean in my book.. I still wish JFat would have shot you or Crush.

That is how I play the game, I am an aggressor. I do it to get under people's skin, I believe that people are more prone to tip their hand when their emotions drive their responses, and not logic. Dan gets it, she doesn't need you to stick up for her... her posts have been filled with pretty much no substance.

Like I've already stated, your clarification did not suit me. It could have been a simple "my bad, what I mean was..." not, but instead it was an insult about my reading comprehension... followed by one note after another that moved further from you owning the fact that the initial post was either a contradiction or at least misleading.

I hate it when guys like you stoke the fire and then whimper when they realize they bit off more than they can chew. This is a part of the game... you ******* get over it.

What's the point of this exchange between you an WE? Is there one? Because all I see is you continuing to be a dick over semantics. You've gotten your clarification in spades. I know you love your stupid bully act, but give it a rest already.

Unless someone wants to counter WE's claim that he was the victim of the coconut attack, I feel extremely good about him being town at this point.

Mr. Socko says your supposed post restriction sounds like a lot of hullabaloo... What Mod sends out a PR and says to use it "from time to time"... If thats true why are you using it every post now?

You are far from clean in my book.. I still wish JFat would have shot you or Crush.

Well, you've clearly embraced your post restriction more than Dan has.

But if you go back and read Dan's posts, you'll see that she's had the restriction from the get-go, and purposely dropped pronouns rather than refer to herself as Dan. Dan is saying that she has the shadier post restriction, when really she's just been shadier with it.

I really didn't care all that much before, but I think now would be a good time for you wrestling geeks to come up with what wrestlers you think these two players are, and whether they'd be town or scum aligned.

Well, you've clearly embraced your post restriction more than Dan has.

But if you go back and read Dan's posts, you'll see that she's had the restriction from the get-go, and purposely dropped pronouns rather than refer to herself as Dan. Dan is saying that she has the shadier post restriction, when really she's just been shadier with it.

I really didn't care all that much before, but I think now would be a good time for you wrestling geeks to come up with what wrestlers you think these two players are, and whether they'd be town or scum aligned.

Mr Socko wonders why Slats believes there was a choice in whether or not I'd be able to embrace a PR if I had one. Every PR I've ever seen is pretty cut and dry in terms of what you can and can't do.

Mr Socko thinks it's ridiculous that you'd be able to bypass a clearly defined PR by using a pronoun. Mr Socko also thinks it's absurd that she was told to use it "once in awhile" and is now suddenly using it every post.

Mr Socko doesn't like Slats' play... You were aghast at the thought of JFat shooting but 30 minutes later were one of the biggest proponents of it going so far as saying he wouldn't make it through the night unless he shot.

Now you're trying to subtly imply that Dan and I have to be 'figured out' with one of us being good and the other bad.

Mr Socko says you are now in the club and 1A to Vics 1 as far as the people he'd vote for today.

The obvious choices, as far as Google is concerned (lol), are Pac as Mankind and Dan as The Rock. Mankind has apparently turned heel a number of times, and had big bouts with The Undertaker and Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rock apparently had big bouts with The Undertaker and Mankind...so I don't know if that info would lead us anywhere. They're wrestlers, so I suppose they all fight each other. "Heel" only comes up once on his wiki page.

Hopefully Sharrow can help out with what they might be. The trouble with wrestling is everyone is a heel at some point in their careers.

Archived