I'll Give You Guys 3 Guesses As To What REX Guaranteed Today

SoFlaJets

Ok we get it already- we all want to win a chamionship- talk is cheap as the old saying goes.

yea I'm at the point of show us don't tell us. I mean this is 3 years in a row now-boy who cried wolf and all. Don't get me wrong guys I love the direction Rex has taken this team-it's not about that but even I, a guy who loves this kind of bluster is getting to the point of enough is enough.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea I'm at the point of show us don't tell us. I mean this is 3 years in a row now-boy who cried wolf and all. Don't get me wrong guys I love the direction Rex has taken this team-it's not about that but even I, a guy who loves this kind of bluster is getting to the point of enough is enough.

Eventually nobody is gonna listen to him (except JiF and Falcon) unless he really does win a super bowl. that's street cred ;)

Serious question though, is the first time he actually said "I guarantee"? I feel like I've heard him say, "we are going to win the Super Bowl"...but dont recall him actually saying "guarantee".

Yeah, but then he kinda backpedaled so it came out as basically 'I guarantee that I believe that we're going to win the Super Bowl' or something. That's what annoys me. Talk or don't talk, but please don't do this guarantee that's not really a guarantee horsesh*t. Equivocation doesn't inspire anybody.

Rex cant lose.

Either way he gains something from these proclamations.

Yes, because I'd much rather have a coach who says we're going to lose in the first round of the playoffs.... :rolleyes:

Who the **** cares what HE SAYS? He's been screaming SUPERBOWL since he got here and what do we have to show for it? Two fails in the AFC Champ game.

Stop talking about it and be about it...

Yeah, but then he kinda backpedaled so it came out as basically 'I guarantee that I believe that we're going to win the Super Bowl' or something. That's what annoys me. Talk or don't talk, but please don't do this guarantee that's not really a guarantee horsesh*t. Equivocation doesn't inspire anybody.

I could honestly care less. I dont get it with Jets fans to be honest...are people really embarrassed by this? Who cares if our HC predicts SB? Is someone going to insult the Jets to your face because their HC makes predictions?

He's inspired the team enough to get one game from the SB 2 years in row, I think he's perfectly capable of inspiring for 1 more game next season when we win the SB.

Who the **** cares what HE SAYS? He's been screaming SUPERBOWL since he got here and what do we have to show for it? Two fails in the AFC Champ game.

Stop talking about it and be about it...

2 Fails are alot better than not getting there at all. Its been 42 years and counting with not alot to be happy about.

I could honestly care less. I dont get it with Jets fans to be honest...are people really embarrassed by this? Who cares if our HC predicts SB? Is someone going to insult the Jets to your face because their HC makes predictions?

He's inspired the team enough to get one game from the SB 2 years in row, I think he's perfectly capable of inspiring for 1 more game next season when we win the SB.

Andy Reid has lost 5 championship games and one super bowl in 10 years. that will really impress you.

His chance to inspire was having them ready in the first half in Pittsburgh, and he failed miserably. you are the same guy that said the Jets were an awful team and didnt have enough talent to compete after the monday night game in NE..LOL!

And finally, when you actually do win a super bowl somebody might take the time to listen to you.

I still get a kick out of people that think talk has anything to do with what happens on the field.

omg can u believe what Rex said~~!!!

Almost like what people think about what Francessa says, right? and how that effects the Jets? I'll bet you get a kick out of that too! OMG I AM GONNA CALL THE FAN~~!!!

Sorry, but you set yourself up for that one.

Who's mad? At this point, it's a "Yeahoksure" situation until he wins, like having your baby brother talking about how he's going to kick your a$$. Until he does it, it's white noise. What'll be fun for us is if Rex has a 6-10 season and keeps yakking. The bandwagon will empty out so fast it'll tip over and explode.

Who's mad? At this point, it's a "Yeahoksure" situation until he wins, like having your baby brother talking about how he's going to kick your a$$. Until he does it, it's white noise. What'll be fun for us is if Rex has a 6-10 season and keeps yakking. The bandwagon will empty out so fast it'll tip over and explode.

Definitely! nobody is mad! it is just a general eye roll reaction. Manny being Manny<<<<<>>>>>Rex being Rex

Imagine if he made tattoo bets.

Definitely! nobody is mad! it is just a general eye roll reaction. Manny being Manny<<<<<>>>>>Rex being Rex

Its not so crazy.

If Rex is right, the reward is obvious. If Rex is wrong, he turns the world against the Jets. Then he can say "Look guys, nobody believes that we can win it all. Everyone outside this room doubts the Jets and its us vs the world."

Its not so crazy.

If Rex is right, the reward is obvious. If Rex is wrong, he turns the world against the Jets. Then he can say "Look guys, nobody believes that we can win it all. Everyone outside this room doubts the Jets and its us vs the world."

Word. I'm sure it plays well inside the locker room. I'd dig it if my boss kept telling the world he was in charge of the greatest company in the world instead of acting like every employee he has is robbing him blind.

Word. I'm sure it plays well inside the locker room. I'd dig it if my boss kept telling the world he was in charge of the greatest company in the world instead of acting like every employee he has is robbing him blind.

yup and yesterday on The Wheelhouse Bart Scott told Jeane Coakley that he "loves it" when Rex says these kinds of things-makes them believe that he believes in them

Andy Reid has lost 5 championship games and one super bowl in 10 years. that will really impress you.

His chance to inspire was having them ready in the first half in Pittsburgh, and he failed miserably. you are the same guy that said the Jets were an awful team and didnt have enough talent to compete after the monday night game in NE..LOL!

And finally, when you actually do win a super bowl somebody might take the time to listen to you.

You're listening to him, thats why you're the first to comment. Majority of your posts are in this type of a thread, so apparently he's got you ear.

Dont worry, we'll all laugh at these conversations when he wins the SB this year.

You're listening to him, thats why you're the first to comment. Majority of your posts are in this type of a thread, so apparently he's got you ear.

Dont worry, we'll all laugh at these conversations when he wins the SB this year.

I am listening, you're right. but it goes along with an eye roll and a chuckle.

Dude, according to you the Jets didnt have enough talent to compete. go look at your posts after the NE monday night game ;)

And I also noticed you didnt try and disprove what I said. just the same regurgitated mindelsss Rex love drivel. you decided not to reply to mr shane, why not?

I am listening, you're right. but it goes along with an eye roll and a chuckle.

Dude, according to you the Jets didnt have enough talent to compete. go look at your posts after the NE monday night game ;)

And I also noticed you didnt try and disprove what I said. just the same regurgitated mindelsss Rex love drivel. you decided not to reply to mr shane, why not?

I did say that, but we have such an amazing coach that he game planned us back to the AFC Championship game. He's proving how great of a coach he is, and he will win the SB next season.

I didnt respond to Tom because there was anything for me to respond to.

And if you listen with an eye roll and a chuckle then why even respond so passionately like you do?

And if you listen with an eye roll and a chuckle then why even respond so passionately like you do?

SERIOUSLY? He has been saying it for 3 years now. do you know the story of the boy who cried wolf?

educate yourself. my posts bother you more than anybody else. ask yourself why ;)

SERIOUSLY? He has been saying it for 3 years now. do you know the story of the boy who cried wolf?

Well, clearly I dont take what he says as seriously as you do...so it doesnt have the same affect on me as it does you and others. Either way, I believe him...he's winning it this year. He was damn close 2 years in a row and this year its going to happen.

He's crying wolf, and the wolf has been around, just not long enough for anyone to see it. This year we will all see it.

Well, clearly I dont take what he says as seriously as you do...so it doesnt have the same affect on me as it does you and others. Either way, I believe him...he's winning it this year. He was damn close 2 years in a row and this year its going to happen.

He's crying wolf, and the wolf has been around, just not long enough for anyone to see it. This year we will all see it.

Dude, why are you bringing up irrelevant stuff to support your argument? andy reid lost 5 championship games and 1 super bowl in 10 years. SO WHAT?

You were the first to respond in this thread to any negativity. and that was to Jimmy! it's all here in black and white. wait, you forgot to bring up that Im a mod too. because that is VERY relevant also.

Dude, why are you bringing up irrelevant stuff to support your argument? andy reid lost 5 championship games and 1 super bowl in 10 years. SO WHAT?

You were the first to respond in this thread to any negativity. and that was to Jimmy! it's all here in black and white. wait, you forgot to bring up that Im a mod too. because that is VERY relevant also.

I'm not sure what And Ried has to do with Rex Ryan. I'm also not sure what argument you are referring to. I'm not really arguing anything. I asked if this was the first time he's actually used the word "guaranteed", I said I'd prefer him to predict SB than 6-10, I said I dont really care what he says and I am confused why so many people get upset about it, and then I said he's got your ear because you always respond to these threads, and then I said we'd win the SB this season, and called you little boy blue.

Me thinks you are creating an argument to have with yourself because I'm not arguing anything...lol

I'm not sure what And Ried has to do with Rex Ryan. I'm also not sure what argument you are referring to. I'm not really arguing anything. I asked if this was the first time he's actually used the word "guaranteed", I said I'd prefer him to predict SB than 6-10, I said I dont really care what he says and I am confused why so many people get upset about it, and then I said he's got your ear because you always respond to these threads, and then I said we'd win the SB this season, and called you little boy blue.

Me thinks you are creating an argument to have with yourself because I'm not arguing anything...lol

Dude, pay attention now ;) your argument was that he was a game away from the super bowl 2 years in a row. and thats why he is gonna win the super bowl this year. (thats what you said) go back and read your posts..lol..my point was that andy reid has eclipsed him 6 fold in championship game losses. and he still hasnt won a super bowl.

Im not upset by him saying this. who is upset? my point was that your argument was absolute garbage. and you still deflect away from it when called out on it.

Dude, pay attention now ;) your argument was that he was a game away from the super bowl 2 years in a row. and thats why he is gonna win the super bowl this year. (thats what you said) go back and read your posts..lol..my point was that andy reid has eclipsed him 6 fold in championship game losses. and he still hasnt won a super bowl.

Im not upset by him saying this. who is upset? my point was that your argument was absolute garbage. and you still deflect away from it when called out on it.

Are you lecturing me? I feel like you are lecturing me.

All I said was, he's motivated the team to get to back to back AFC Champ games, dont see why he cant motivate them for one more game next year. Not really an argument. Its an opinion, that you've created into an argument because you like to argue with me about Rex Ryan because you know I <3 him immensely and you hate him for some reason.

You comparing him to Andy Reid is cute because they are both very fat, but he's not Andy Reid and it does nothing for me. Tony Dungy went to multiple Championship games before winning one. There's examples both ways.

Are you lecturing me? I feel like you are lecturing me.

All I said was, he's motivated the team to get to back to back AFC Champ games, dont see why he cant motivate them for one more game next year. Not really an argument. Its an opinion, that you've created into an argument because you like to argue with me about Rex Ryan because you know I <3 him immensely and you hate him for some reason.

You comparing him to Andy Reid is cute because they are both very fat, but he's not Andy Reid and it does nothing for me. Tony Dungy went to multiple Championship games before winning one. There's examples both ways.

Again deflect deflect deflect with garbage. I never ever said I hated him. ever. after he beat the Patriots I said all is forgiven. I compared him to Andy Reid to destroy your talking points (which you are still deflecting from) but its all about me now. you forgot to mention im a mod too ;)

And Dungy is skinny and won the super bowl. the fat guy still hasnt won one ;) since you brought up that irrelevant garbage also. it takes two to tango baby, you are in this thread responding within seconds of anything im a typing ;)

Again deflect deflect deflect with garbage. I never ever said I hated him. ever. after he beat the Patriots I said all is forgiven. I compared him to Andy Reid to destroy your talking points (which you are still deflecting from) but its all about me now. you forgot to mention im a mod too ;)

And Dungy is skinny and won the super bowl. the fat guy still hasnt won one ;) since you brought up that irrelevant garbage also. it takes two to tango baby, you are in this thread responding within seconds of anything im a typing ;)

Yes, but I love him and love this stuff...it doesnt bother me like it does bothers you.

And I'm sorry you feel I'm deflecting, but I'm not arguing anything. There is no right or wrong answer. I think Rex can win the SB because he's been pretty successful his first 2 season with 2 AFCCG appearances with a young QB, who is coming into his own. I think its impressive, I makes me believe. You dont. Its cool.

And I think Any Reids failures has no bearing on Rex's success, so I'm not going to argue a point you are trying to make that doesnt mean anything to me. Sorry bro. <3 your soul.

Archived