Revis says mistake to let Cro walk

visajets

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the best player in the NFL got a big contract and you've somehow confused that with Cro getting cut? Your lack of NFL knowledge is astounding! Perhaps you'd be better suited commenting on a site that is geared to your true passions like an "American Idol" or "Real Housewives" message board?

Put it this way. We can't afford to put approximately one-fifth of our cap space (based on the current cap number) into our 2 starting CB positions. This would be the reality if we gave Cromartie what he likely believes he's worth (Somewhere in the $6-$8 million range is my guess).

We drafted Kyle Wilson in the 1st round. We didn't do that so he could play nickle for the next 4 seasons.

What Revis did was puts this all on the FO, which is not fair. His comment "Rex knows we need him" is meant to show that this is the players and Rex vs the front office in a game of chicken.

That is out of line. I seriously doubt that the FO will be divided with Rex.

Revis seems to fail to realize that the Jets have to do what is best for the TEAM short and long term, and not what is best for the secondary.

if sanchez says that it would be a mistake to let holmes or edwards go and when asked if he thinks turner can step in and fill the shoes and sanchez says "i dont know.we will see", would you still be singing the same tune?

if sanchez says that it would be a mistake to let holmes or edwards go and when asked if he thinks turner can step in and fill the shoes and sanchez says "i dont know.we will see", would you still be singing the same tune?

Sanchez wouldn't be dumb enough to diss a teammate. That's a big difference between the personalities of the 2 players.

Sanchez wouldn't be dumb enough to diss a teammate. That's a big difference between the personalities of the 2 players.

i dont think that revis dissed wilson at all.the vote of confidence wasnt there,but he didnt say anything that we all didnt witness all year.wilson needs time to develope into a starter.he is not there yet.basically what revis said

i dont think that revis dissed wilson at all.the vote of confidence wasnt there,but he didnt say anything that we all didnt witness all year.wilson needs time to develope into a starter.he is not there yet.basically what revis said

So in the meantime Revis thinks its a great idea to sign Cro for 4 years at $6-$8 million per, which is what it would likely take to keep him? Completely retarded. Cro was always going to be a 1-year rental, Revis is just blindly throwing his support at a guy who really didn't have that great of a season. He hijacked our front office last offseason. If I'm his PR guy, I tell him to keep quiet this time around.

I'm sure another holdout will be coming after next season.

So in the meantime Revis thinks its a great idea to sign Cro for 4 years at $6-$8 million per, which is what it would likely take to keep him? Completely retarded. Cro was always going to be a 1-year rental, Revis is just blindly throwing his support at a guy who really didn't have that great of a season. He hijacked our front office last offseason. If I'm his PR guy, I tell him to keep quiet this time around.

I'm sure another holdout will be coming after next season.

ahhh.the revis contract situation.lets face it.i dont think anybody condones the stategy revis used,but the contract he ended up signing,imo,he earns every sunday.the guy is THE best.as far as cro,i dont/cant beleive he was a 1 year rental.a 2nd round pick is far too expensive for a 1 year rental.that would be a huge black eye on tanny.i have to beleive there is a contingency plan somewhere.i must admit that i wasnt 100% impressed with cro"s play,although he had quite a few moments.the coaching staff wasnt playing him to his strengths.seemed to be lock down when playing bump and run coverage,not so much when playing in space.good corners dont grow on trees.if they can sign a guy of cro's abilitity for 6m per,they do it.especially,with a 2nd rounder invested already

ahhh.the revis contract situation.lets face it.i dont think anybody condones the stategy revis used,but the contract he ended up signing,imo,he earns every sunday.the guy is THE best.as far as cro,i dont/cant beleive he was a 1 year rental.a 2nd round pick is far too expensive for a 1 year rental.that would be a huge black eye on tanny.i have to beleive there is a contingency plan somewhere.i must admit that i wasnt 100% impressed with cro"s play,although he had quite a few moments.the coaching staff wasnt playing him to his strengths.seemed to be lock down when playing bump and run coverage,not so much when playing in space.good corners dont grow on trees.if they can sign a guy of cro's abilitity for 6m per,they do it.especially,with a 2nd rounder invested already

Interesting that you say that. I remember reading this:

Cromartie also drove the coaches crazy throughout the season with his reluctance to play the proper techniques, namely when they called for aggressive, bump-and-run coverage.

Cimini on Cromartie

So the best player in the NFL got a big contract and you've somehow confused that with Cro getting cut? Your lack of NFL knowledge is astounding! Perhaps you'd be better suited commenting on a site that is geared to your true passions like an "American Idol" or "Real Housewives" message board?

I would hardly consider one of the best corners in football to be the best overall player in the NFL. The impact of corner is far less than that of a QB.

Hardly seems YOU should be questioning others knowledge with that type of logic.

You have really taken this debate out of bounds to where the issues lie

I can't comment on "ifs". To Sanchez' credit, he hasn't said those things.

Curious, huh?

a 2nd round pick is far too expensive for a 1 year rental.that would be a huge black eye on tanny.i have to beleive there is a contingency plan somewhere.

There is a contingency plan. His name is Kyle Wilson. Its why we drafted him. And as for this "black eye" you speak of, there are far worse things you can burn a 2nd rounder on than a starting corner. I don't blame Tanny for making the move, if it had worked out like we'd hoped, perhaps we'd be talking about who we'll be taking with the # 32 pick than # 30.

Still doesn't mean you're required to re-sign the guy just to make him "worth" that 2nd round pick. Cro had a very "meh" year in many ways. Sure, he shut down Randy Moss and proved very capable at running in a straight line and jumping really high. But when it came to covering shorter slot-receiver type guys like Nate Burleson, Johnny Knox, or whichever white guy he was lined up against for New England, he was totally lost. And unfortunately, that's the guy you USUALLY cover when you're the # 2 corner.

Kyle Wilson, for all his struggles in his rookie year, is physically better suited for the # 2 corner job than Cro is. We used a 1st rounder on him. Time to see what he's capable of. Furthermore, we'll probably see the Jets use another draft pick (3rd or 4th rounder perhaps) on a corner in the draft. Lord knows Rex LOVES drafting corners.

There is a contingency plan. His name is Kyle Wilson. Its why we drafted him. And as for this "black eye" you speak of, there are far worse things you can burn a 2nd rounder on than a starting corner. I don't blame Tanny for making the move, if it had worked out like we'd hoped, perhaps we'd be talking about who we'll be taking with the # 32 pick than # 30.

Still doesn't mean you're required to re-sign the guy just to make him "worth" that 2nd round pick. Cro had a very "meh" year in many ways. Sure, he shut down Randy Moss and proved very capable at running in a straight line and jumping really high. But when it came to covering shorter slot-receiver type guys like Nate Burleson, Johnny Knox, or whichever white guy he was lined up against for New England, he was totally lost. And unfortunately, that's the guy you USUALLY cover when you're the # 2 corner.

Kyle Wilson, for all his struggles in his rookie year, is physically better suited for the # 2 corner job than Cro is. We used a 1st rounder on him. Time to see what he's capable of. Furthermore, we'll probably see the Jets use another draft pick (3rd or 4th rounder perhaps) on a corner in the draft. Lord knows Rex LOVES drafting corners.

i hear ya.justs seems like a high price to pay for a number 2 corner.a 1st and 2nd

Did we just watch the same season? Kyle Wilson was beat like a punching bag over and over. He looked as if he had no clue he was on the field when he played man to man CB. He needs alot of work. Rex will not go into the season with a question mark at starting CB. Cro will resign here for that very reason.

Did we just watch the same season? Kyle Wilson was beat like a punching bag over and over. He looked as if he had no clue he was on the field when he played man to man CB. He needs alot of work. Rex will not go into the season with a question mark at starting CB. Cro will resign here for that very reason.

The only thing I see the Jets doing is possibly bringing in another free agent. Cro's not getting a new contract.

I dont consider Wilson to suck. He was good in the dime. He just doesnt have the cover cormer skills that Cro does yet.

There is a big difference between being OK in the dime and being the #2 CB across from Revis. I am not calling Wilson a bust, not yet, but it certainly doesn't seem like he is sure thing to be Cro's replacement. And that is where I would have expected a first round draft choice to be coming into his second year.

Put it this way. We can't afford to put approximately one-fifth of our cap space (based on the current cap number) into our 2 starting CB positions. This would be the reality if we gave Cromartie what he likely believes he's worth (Somewhere in the $6-$8 million range is my guess).

We drafted Kyle Wilson in the 1st round. We didn't do that so he could play nickle for the next 4 seasons.

Exactly. Wilson has a lot to prove at this point. I don't think he improved all that much later in the year. I think he was just picked on less due to less playing time due to Revis getting healthy and Coleman and Lowery both stepping up their play and moving ahead of him in the nickels and dimes.

You cant be giving up a 2nd round draft pick for 1 yr of service out of a player. No way in hell or this team will surely be back to its losing ways if that continues. Cro is needed on this defense. I know it,you know it, and the NYJETS know it.

You cant be giving up a 2nd round draft pick for 1 yr of service out of a player. No way in hell or this team will surely be back to its losing ways if that continues. Cro is needed on this defense. I know it,you know it, and the NYJETS know it.

You can not base future perspective on a player be based on what you paid for him in the past. That is a SURE way to mismanage personnel.

You base whether you re-sign him on talent, need, options and $$$ impact. What you gave up for him is not in the equation.

You can not base future perspective on a player be based on what you paid for him in the past. That is a SURE way to mismanage personnel.

You base whether you re-sign him on talent, need, options and $$$ impact. What you gave up for him is not in the equation.

Ok we have a glaring need at a CB position. No one currently on the roster in my OPINION is capable of doing the job better than Cro.

There are other options outside what our current roster has, beside just signing the highest projected FA talent.

He wont be the highest paid CB on the free agent market. He might be willing to sign here for less and longer term.

He wont be the highest paid CB on the free agent market. He might be willing to sign here for less and longer term.

You have this on what authority? Wishing things will happen does not make it happen.

Quite honestly, from the little bit that I witness Cromartie (and what I certainly know of his familial needs), he will accept the highest offer.

Neither of us know for sure though.

You have this on what authority? Wishing things will happen does not make it happen.

Quite honestly, from the little bit that I witness Cromartie (and what I certainly know of his familial needs), he will accept the highest offer.

Neither of us know for sure though.

Your right cause if I knew this I wouldnt be here posting back and forth to you. Im hoping he returns to the NYJETS. Have a nice day.

Dude has trouble counting all the kids he has. No way he'll take a dime less than he and his agent thinks he's worth. Meanwhile we'll still be paying Revis's fat deal and Wilson's 29th pick money. Not a great financial approach in a year where we don't even know what the cap is going to be.

I'd much rather re-sign Edwards and Holmes at the risk of losing Cro. Nothing is more important than the continued development of Mark Sanchez, who is entering the year where most young QB's break out.

Furthermore, Rex has been able to stop opposing offenses purely on scheme, so I trust he can figure things out without the mighty Antonio Cromartie at the # 2 CB slot. I don't trust Schottenheimer to run a successful offense without playmakers.

Dude has trouble counting all the kids he has. No way he'll take a dime less than he and his agent thinks he's worth. Meanwhile we'll still be paying Revis's fat deal and Wilson's 29th pick money. Not a great financial approach in a year where we don't even know what the cap is going to be.

Why personally attack the guy? Is that all you got? What he does off the field that doesnt break the law is his dam business. Judge him for the player he is on the field.

Why personally attack the guy? Is that all you got? What he does off the field that doesnt break the law is his dam business. Judge him for the player he is on the field.

I don't give a sh** how many kids he has. All I care about is about how much he'll cost and if he helps us win. I think he'll cost too much and doesn't help us enough to justify the cost.

I don't give a sh** how many kids he has. All I care about is about how much he'll cost and if he helps us win. I think he'll cost too much and doesn't help us enough to justify the cost.

You criticized him for not being able to count his kids. He doesnt help enough? The NYJETS had 2 shutdown CBs last season. Teams didnt beat us with the pass they beat us with the run. Revis and Cro shutdown Brady and Manning in consecutive weeks.

You criticized him for not being able to count his kids. He doesnt help enough? The NYJETS had 2 shutdown CBs last season. Teams didnt beat us with the pass they beat us with the run. Revis and Cro shutdown Brady and Manning in consecutive weeks.

The Jets were one of the top ranked rushing defenses in the league in terms of yards allowed.

The way to beat the Jets (until they self scouted and changed some tendencies before the playoffs) was to Drag a TE , RB or Slot WR in the middle. They got beat on the pass quite a bit.

Cromartie IS NOT a shut down corner. He wants to play man to man as much as he can, which limits what the defense can do, particularly with Revis on the other side. Given druthers, I am sure that they would love to play Cromartie more "in space", but he does not seem to have the aptitude or proficiency in doing so. That is limiting.

To say he is "shut down" is entirely wrong

The Jets were one of the top ranked rushing defenses in the league in terms of yards allowed.

The way to beat the Jets (until they self scouted and changed some tendencies before the playoffs) was to Drag a TE , RB or Slot WR in the middle. They got beat on the pass quite a bit.

Cromartie IS NOT a shut down corner. He wants to play man to man as much as he can, which limits what the defense can do, particularly with Revis on the other side. Given druthers, I am sure that they would love to play Cromartie more "in space", but he does not seem to have the aptitude or proficiency in doing so. That is limiting.

To say he is "shut down" is entirely wrong

What beat the NYJETS in the AFC Championship game. The pass or the run? Cro with all his faults that you say he has is still better than Wilson.

What beat the NYJETS in the AFC Championship game. The pass or the run? Cro with all his faults that you say he has is still better than Wilson.

Yes, the 3rd rated rush defense in the league did fail us in that AFCG...but that was just about the only time. Wilson was a rookie...give him a chance. And further, Cro got smoked by Garcon when they played the Colts. That was the sole purpose of bringing the guy in...he failed.

Cro was a luxury...not a necessity. The Jets had the best pass defense in the league with Lito Sheppard and Donald Strickland. They'll be just fine without Cro.

Yes, the 3rd rated rush defense in the league did fail us in that AFCG...but that was just about the only time. Wilson was a rookie...give him a chance. And further, Cro got smoked by Garcon when they played the Colts. That was the sole purpose of bringing the guy in...he failed.

Cro was a luxury...not a necessity. The Jets had the best pass defense in the league with Lito Sheppard and Donald Strickland. They'll be just fine without Cro.

I disagree and hope they resign Cro. Without a legitimate pass rush and havent had one since JAbe left you need a solid secondary.

Archived