My Pick at 30

TNJet

Aldon Smith DE/4-3 OLB, 6-5 260, Missouri. Freakish athlete that reminds me of a Calvin Pace/ Jason Pierre-Paul hybrid. He's built just like those guys, but looks faster than Pace and stronger than PP. Thoughts?

I would be PSYCHED as sh*t to get Aldon Smith at 30. PSYYYYYYCHED!!!

Thing that worries me about Smith is a LOT of his production comes from when he slides inside to DT in a 4-3 and blows by interior linemen. Not sure how great an edge rusher he is and because of that I wonder about his fit as a 3-4 OLB. Bitonti's right though, Reed is an interesting potential fit.

I'd rather have Aldon Smith, but if Brooks Reed falls, I wouldn't mind getting him either.

I have yet to see Brooks Reed in a first round mock. It appears he would be somewhat of a slight "reach" even for the Jets at 30. Not saying I wouldn't like the pick. I'm a Reed fan, I'm just saying it's not like he's not gonna be there, most likely.

I have yet to see Brooks Reed in a first round mock. It appears he would be somewhat of a slight "reach" even for the Jets at 30. Not saying I wouldn't like the pick. I'm a Reed fan, I'm just saying it's not like he's not gonna be there, most likely.

You are right about Reed likely being there and make a good point that if he's the pick it likely won't be because he "fell", but here he is in the first round of a mock for you:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

Definitely possible he's off the board, but he should be there and would be a solid pick if he is and nobody else slips. To be honest I like Reed more than a lot of the players projected ahead of him.

Archived