New Meadowland Stadium

rowonejetfan

http://www.seathound.com/venue/new-meadowlands-stadium-3073/football/upper_prime_313.html

Since lots of UD folks are moving seats around I thought I share this site. Someone (not me) took seating chart and then took a picture from every section in New Meadowlands Stadium. You click on a section in seating chart and up pops and actual picture from section. (Sorry Giants logo is on field).

I wish we had this two years ago. Would have made the best seat debate a lot easier. Chart makes it so much easier to buy stubhub seats too!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

somrthings wrong with it when i click, the field says Giants!

Yes, but look at the positive;as opposed to the actual stadium doesn't take 45 minutes to get to your seat, or an hour to get back to your car.

This is the New Meadowlands Post of the Century. I salute this man!!

My family has had season tickets since the Titans in the Polo Grounds. This year, we have cancelled our tickets for a number of reasons:

1. For years the organization has required us to purchase pre-Season games as part of our season ticket package. In essence, greed required us to pay full price for a ticket to watch a practice session, often highlighting unknown players in contests that have no meaning.

2. The introduction of the PSL – this was greed run amok and offensive beyond words. The fact that other teams do this is irrelevant – at some point the concepts of right and wrong need to be addressed and this is a trend in all sports that is simply wrong. 40+ years of loyalty, 40+ years of sitting in the cold watching subpar performances, 40+ years of payments earned us the right to pay $25,000 per seat to simply retain the right to continue to purchase what would now become extremely inflated priced tickets. I suppose I should applaud the Jets brass in their ability to convince people to pay a fee for the right to purchase tickets. I suppose it is pure genius, but for me, all the license fee meant was, pay a large sum of money for nothing. I know you have your list of “benefits” but that is marketing, not real benefits. Do some math – if I saved the PSL, did not pay for the meaningless preseason games and purchased tickets on StubHub for an amount of 25% over face value – the break even point is over 15 years down the road. Also keep in mind, even in a year when the Jets went to the AFC Championship game for the second year in a row, on-line tickets actually resold below face value.

3. Moving upstairs was the result of our refusal to pay a PSL. I believe we were in the first 100 people from a seniority perspective to get the right to move upstairs but we ended up on the 10 yard line instead of our original position on the 50 (we were in section 211 in the old stadium and in 316 in the new). I was advised that the seats on the 50 went to corporate sponsors, the league and a host of others. The point being, the fan (yes a 40+ year season ticket holding fan) was very far down the priority list. When we finally did reach our seats for the first game in the new stadium – upstairs, 10 yard line, front row – we were actually excited. That excitement ended immediately upon sitting down and having a 2 inch wide steel bar blocking our view. You have to sit forward to put your face through the bars in order to have an unobstructed view. At times it felt like watching a game through prison cell bars or blind slats. From a safety perspective, the plexi-glass barrier used on the mezzanine would have worked upstairs too.

4. Fireman Ed – the organization decided to give him front row seats, TV commercials, fly him to away games, etc. If I stand for 2 plays because of the bar obstructing my view ushers come and ensure my rapid return to my seat, yet he can stand on the stadium ledge at will and be lauded for it….just an annoyance.

5. The current labor situation which sums up all that is wrong with professional sports. Forget that athletes are far too often given a pass for their antisocial and often illegal behavior but now throw in the current labor dispute and it becomes too much to endure. In this age of economic hardship, the idea that escalating ticket prices, outrageous concession prices and PSLs resulted in the owners and players arguing about how to divide up in excess of $9 Billion dollars goes beyond distasteful. Keep in mind, my 40+ years of ticket purchases help fund that pot of gold. Then when I hear a player make a statement like Adrian Peterson, that the plight of these players that earn millions and millions of dollars per year (again, off the backs of working stiffs) is just like slavery – well, it brought me to the conclusion that the culture of the NFL is not one that I want to be associated with anymore.

Posted By Tim Ray

This is the New Meadowlands Post of the Century. I salute this man!!

My family has had season tickets since the Titans in the Polo Grounds. This year, we have cancelled our tickets for a number of reasons:

1. For years the organization has required us to purchase pre-Season games as part of our season ticket package. In essence, greed required us to pay full price for a ticket to watch a practice session, often highlighting unknown players in contests that have no meaning.

2. The introduction of the PSL – this was greed run amok and offensive beyond words. The fact that other teams do this is irrelevant – at some point the concepts of right and wrong need to be addressed and this is a trend in all sports that is simply wrong. 40+ years of loyalty, 40+ years of sitting in the cold watching subpar performances, 40+ years of payments earned us the right to pay $25,000 per seat to simply retain the right to continue to purchase what would now become extremely inflated priced tickets. I suppose I should applaud the Jets brass in their ability to convince people to pay a fee for the right to purchase tickets. I suppose it is pure genius, but for me, all the license fee meant was, pay a large sum of money for nothing. I know you have your list of “benefits” but that is marketing, not real benefits. Do some math – if I saved the PSL, did not pay for the meaningless preseason games and purchased tickets on StubHub for an amount of 25% over face value – the break even point is over 15 years down the road. Also keep in mind, even in a year when the Jets went to the AFC Championship game for the second year in a row, on-line tickets actually resold below face value.

3. Moving upstairs was the result of our refusal to pay a PSL. I believe we were in the first 100 people from a seniority perspective to get the right to move upstairs but we ended up on the 10 yard line instead of our original position on the 50 (we were in section 211 in the old stadium and in 316 in the new). I was advised that the seats on the 50 went to corporate sponsors, the league and a host of others. The point being, the fan (yes a 40+ year season ticket holding fan) was very far down the priority list. When we finally did reach our seats for the first game in the new stadium – upstairs, 10 yard line, front row – we were actually excited. That excitement ended immediately upon sitting down and having a 2 inch wide steel bar blocking our view. You have to sit forward to put your face through the bars in order to have an unobstructed view. At times it felt like watching a game through prison cell bars or blind slats. From a safety perspective, the plexi-glass barrier used on the mezzanine would have worked upstairs too.

4. Fireman Ed – the organization decided to give him front row seats, TV commercials, fly him to away games, etc. If I stand for 2 plays because of the bar obstructing my view ushers come and ensure my rapid return to my seat, yet he can stand on the stadium ledge at will and be lauded for it….just an annoyance.

5. The current labor situation which sums up all that is wrong with professional sports. Forget that athletes are far too often given a pass for their antisocial and often illegal behavior but now throw in the current labor dispute and it becomes too much to endure. In this age of economic hardship, the idea that escalating ticket prices, outrageous concession prices and PSLs resulted in the owners and players arguing about how to divide up in excess of $9 Billion dollars goes beyond distasteful. Keep in mind, my 40+ years of ticket purchases help fund that pot of gold. Then when I hear a player make a statement like Adrian Peterson, that the plight of these players that earn millions and millions of dollars per year (again, off the backs of working stiffs) is just like slavery – well, it brought me to the conclusion that the culture of the NFL is not one that I want to be associated with anymore.

Posted By Tim Ray

This whole thing stinks like a bitter old jealous fan... if it were you with the (not front row) seats Fireman Ed has and you standing leading the cheers you would not feel this way... lets be real.

This whole thing stinks like a bitter old jealous fan... if it were you with the (not front row) seats Fireman Ed has and you standing leading the cheers you would not feel this way... lets be real.

Yeah, and get over the whole "my family had seats since...." crap too. Why did I need to be banished to the last row of the upper deck year after year just because I didn't have a father who was a Jets fan. I was always willing to pay more, but because some guy got them handed down to him I was stuck sitting next to god. Sorry but it is the way the world works. And it was always stated pre-psl that the jets were not obligated to resell you the same seats year after year, so how about being appreciative of the courtesy you were given all those years while countless other fans sat on a waitlist.

And enough of the common man bullish:t, there are lower level psls for 2,500 with a 15 year payment plan. I get that money is tight, everyone is feeling it, but c'mon, there are options for pretty much everyone.

People, people, let's not forget, the jets are on the path, 2 years in a row in the afcc. Let's stop the crying here.

(Ecurb obv this reply is not geared at you)

Yeah, and get over the whole "my family had seats since...." crap too. Why did I need to be banished to the last row of the upper deck year after year just because I didn't have a father who was a Jets fan. I was always willing to pay more, but because some guy got them handed down to him I was stuck sitting next to god. Sorry but it is the way the world works. And it was always stated pre-psl that the jets were not obligated to resell you the same seats year after year, so how about being appreciative of the courtesy you were given all those years while countless other fans sat on a waitlist.

And enough of the common man bullish:t, there are lower level psls for 2,500 with a 15 year payment plan. I get that money is tight, everyone is feeling it, but c'mon, there are options for pretty much everyone.

People, people, let's not forget, the jets are on the path, 2 years in a row in the afcc. Let's stop the crying here.

Ok rich son of a bitch... go run some johnson and johnson on yourself and count your money! lol

darn it!! now i want a hot dog!!

$2500 for the right to buy tickets! And thats affordable! LOL! Fans are crazy sons of bitches! There are no options for me. I will never sit in that upper deck.

$2500 for the right to buy tickets! And thats affordable! LOL! Fans are crazy sons of bitches! There are no options for me. I will never sit in that upper deck.

Obviously it ain't a small amount but c'mon, there are 80,000 seats and wayyyyy more than 80,000 fans.

Sure it sucks to pay for something I got for free in the past, but on the other hand I have no real big problem paying 2500 to move from the highest row in the joint down to the lower level, which is pretty much what I did.

People can do whatever they want with their money. That said, to me PSL's are in their own way a legalized form of extortion. You are paying for the right to purchase tickets. No PSL, no tickets. That's like Joey Knuckles going into the corner convenient shop and telling the owner, Old Man Finkle, that he has to pay "rent" in order to stay in business.

It's not JUST that you're paying money for essentially zero return. The "15 year plan" locks you into an extortion plot where you are contractually obligated to pay for those tickets for 15 years regardless of how much high they run the price tag on them. To use Garb's hot dog analogy, you pay a $100 PSL for the right to buy a $2 hot dog. You go back to that same vendor the next day and that same sh*tty hot dog costs $20 bucks. You say "F that." Hot Dog Vendor Woody Johnson says, "Whatever. Thanks for the $100." And, if you're paying that $100 on installment? You're slapped with a lawsuit. Woody better hope his team keeps winning, and that Rex doesn't feel the urge to bolt for greener pastures, where he can make jokes about having his 2011 pay cut during the lockout at his introductory press conference when he takes the Eagles job.

The worst part of the complainer crowd is they all claim to be long time fans... 20..30...years +...

Stop whining for a second and realize how little $2500 is over that amount of time... I mean seriously if that amount impacts your life to such a big degree please do not waste money on pro-sports at all.

Would it be better without PSL's? For my pocket yes, but then it would appeal to a much larger mass and I would not have gotten the seats I got so... yeah.

The worst part of the complainer crowd is they all claim to be long time fans... 20..30...years +...

Stop whining for a second and realize how little $2500 is over that amount of time... I mean seriously if that amount impacts your life to such a big degree please do not waste money on pro-sports at all.

Would it be better without PSL's? For my pocket yes, but then it would appeal to a much larger mass and I would not have gotten the seats I got so... yeah.

That's not the point.

However, I do not pay PSL's....so, this is not my fight. As you were, suckers. ;)

That's not the point.

However, I do not pay PSL's....so, this is not my fight. As you were, suckers. ;)

What is the point? That these "die hard" fans feel wronged in some way? The same ones that were probably saying "Woody stop being cheap and sign Revis?"

Getting PSL seats in the 2500 section literally breaks down to like 8 bucks a game over 30 years... sorry for being rude about it but seriously stop acting like babies cause you had to pay a little more to watch a PRO sports team... lol

It's not JUST that you're paying money for essentially zero return. The "15 year plan" locks you into an extortion plot where you are contractually obligated to pay for those tickets for 15 years regardless of how much high they run the price tag on them. To use Garb's hot dog analogy, you pay a $100 PSL for the right to buy a $2 hot dog. You go back to that same vendor the next day and that same sh*tty hot dog costs $20 bucks. You say "F that." Hot Dog Vendor Woody Johnson says, "Whatever. Thanks for the $100." And, if you're paying that $100 on installment? You're slapped with a lawsuit. Woody better hope his team keeps winning, and that Rex doesn't feel the urge to bolt for greener pastures, where he can make jokes about having his 2011 pay cut during the lockout at his introductory press conference when he takes the Eagles job.

This.

Again, we are not dumping our tickets. But we asked what was the process if were were inclined to dump them, and if we would get reimbursed for that supposedly great investment vehcile called a PSL which we have already paid in part.Thinka gain; we would be on the hook for the length of our PSL payment plan. If you're going to post some Ayn Rand/Adam Smith Invisible Hand idea, there is no demand for these tickets and plenty of supply at these price points. Further if youy went to any games this year you saw a whole lot of the luxury boxes blacked out and vacant. If that was the big idea, it's a failure.

The message keeps getting sent; your couch or the local bar is a better deal in ways great and small. But for the thus forlorn hope of some home playoff games, going to the game is financially a bad idea. And the particulars-driving abck in awful traffic, bullsh*t parking lot setup, ghastly sh*tty stadium-are as bad.

I'd note again-for $1.5 billion, the most comparable building complex I've been in aesthetically is Rikers Island, right down to the gun metal grey fencing in the overcrowded concourses.

What is the point? That these "die hard" fans feel wronged in some way? The same ones that were probably saying "Woody stop being cheap and sign Revis?"

Getting PSL seats in the 2500 section literally breaks down to like 8 bucks a game over 30 years... sorry for being rude about it but seriously stop acting like babies cause you had to pay a little more to watch a PRO sports team... lol

The point is that paying for the right to pay for tickets is messed up regardless of how much it is. Yah, yah, yah, almost every owner does it. Almost every team taped from the sidelines too ;)

The point is that paying for the right to pay for tickets is messed up regardless of how much it is. Yah, yah, yah, almost every owner does it. Almost every team taped from the sidelines too ;)

ehh... it is just a different way to collect the market value while adding security for the team and the fans who own the PSLs.

You pay for the right to buy any product by paying sales tax... you pay for the right to live in the country by paying income tax... you pay for the right to own your car by paying property tax... blah blah blah

ehh... it is just a different way to collect the market value while adding security for the team and the fans who own the PSLs.

You pay for the right to buy any product by paying sales tax... you pay for the right to live in the country by paying income tax... you pay for the right to own your car by paying property tax... blah blah blah

Except in this case based on the begging of various would be fans by the front office, vast swaths of empty boxes and seats every game, those joke commercials with Bob Wishusen, and threats of lawsuits if you want to cash out of the supposedly-wonderful PSL "investment"(think "monorail!"), there is not much demand for these tickets. The market value sucks as a business proposition. Long-term it's bad business to treat your market of potential customers like total sh*t, like marks to be fleeced. The product in 2011 is objectively little better than the product in 2010, bases on the joke of a new stadium and the same exact outcome on the field (the later is still a very good thing). If you're going to spend a billion and half of physcial plant, you might want to improve the product for your customer, not make it worse. And the game day experience for most people was worse with a higher cost in 2011. Unless glowing green metal panels and big a$$ TVs no one can hear gets you hot and bothered.

Except in this case based on the begging of various would be fans by the front office, vast swaths of empty boxes and seats every game, those joke commercials with Bob Wishusen, and threats of lawsuits if you want to cash out of the supposedly-wonderful PSL "investment"(think "monorail!"), there is not much demand for these tickets. The market value sucks as a business proposition. Long-term it's bad business to treat your market of potential customers like total sh*t, like marks to be fleeced. The product in 2011 is objectively little better than the product in 2010, bases on the joke of a new stadium and the same exact outcome on the field (the later is still a very good thing). If you're going to spend a billion and half of physcial plant, you might want to improve the product for your customer, not make it worse. And the game day experience for most people was worse with a higher cost in 2011. Unless glowing green metal panels and big a$ TVs no one can hear gets you hot and bothered.

There is 0 demand for taxes, but you choose to pay them in order to maintain your lifestyle.

I like the new stadium better and have no problem paying a premium to enjoy a luxury like JETS games... they are not treating their customers like sh*t... they are spending big and charging big... it fits the market... if you don't like it maybe you belong in a smaller market.

Woody better hope his team keeps winning, and that Rex doesn't feel the urge to bolt for greener pastures, where he can make jokes about having his 2011 pay cut during the lockout at his introductory press conference when he takes the Eagles job.

Do me a favor and never speak this way again...the very thought of it almost gave me an emo breakdown. I dont ever want to picture the NY Jets without Rex Ryan ever again. He's my favorite person on earth and beyond at this point in my life.

Do me a favor and never speak this way again...the very thought of it almost gave me an emo breakdown. I dont ever want to picture the NY Jets without Rex Ryan ever again. He's my favorite person on earth and beyond at this point in my life.

Show some faith. Herm's available.

There is 0 demand for taxes, but you choose to pay them in order to maintain your lifestyle.

I like the new stadium better and have no problem paying a premium to enjoy a luxury like JETS games... they are not treating their customers like sh*t... they are spending big and charging big... it fits the market... if you don't like it maybe you belong in a smaller market.

Taxes are a necessary evil which keep government going, though given what I'm do for a living these weeks through 4/18 I cannot believe anyone got me to type this sentence.Government in fact is a drag on the economy, no matter how many times fools in office call spending an "investment", though I digress.

BFL games are entirely discretioanry spending. No one has to buy them. You by your lonesome are but 1 customer in a market. You are but one in a vast field of people making these decisions for themselves. Objectively the other potential customers in this market consider this an expense beyond their pricepoint; there is not enough demand to justify the price. In fact as time goes on, the Jets' front office's tactics and the PSL will lessen the demand, as will the worsening economy. If I was wrong,e very seat and every box would sell. But they haven't, and they won't.

I would wager that the Jets are goinmg to be giving away more tickets to charities to avoid blackouts next year except for the Pats, Giants and any playoff games, and that the boxes will be even less filled going forward. And this will be because while you might think this is a good deal, the rest of the demand is dropping and the marekt demand very soft and softening.

Taxes are a necessary evil which keep government going, though given what I'm do for a living these weeks through 4/18 I cannot believe anyone got me to type this sentence.Government in fact is a drag on the economy, no matter how many times fools in office call spending an "investment", though I digress.

BFL games are entirely discretioanry spending. No one has to buy them. You by your lonesome are but 1 customer in a market. You are but one in a vast field of people making these decisions for themselves. Objectively the other potential customers in this market consider this an expense beyond their pricepoint; there is not enough demand to justify the price. In fact as time goes on, the Jets' front office's tactics and the PSL will lessen the demand, as will the worsening economy. If I was wrong,e very seat and every box would sell. But they haven't, and they won't.

I would wager that the Jets are goinmg to be giving away more tickets to charities to avoid blackouts next year except for the Pats, Giants and any playoff games, and that the boxes will be even less filled going forward. And this will be because while you might think this is a good deal, the rest of the demand is dropping and the marekt demand very soft and softening.

Say what you will but sitting there for the Texans game... that place was more electric than I had ever seen it... the seats will slowly fill in... they always have and always will in a NY market...

1000 bucks a year for the right to buy tickets? Yep. Way too steep for me.

I hold no grudges towards those of you who bought into PSL's. I just hate the owners, players, and the NFL for making it come to this and I hope they have a major collapse.

You really think this stadium will last 30 years? LOL!!!

This.

Again, we are not dumping our tickets. But we asked what was the process if were were inclined to dump them, and if we would get reimbursed for that supposedly great investment vehcile called a PSL which we have already paid in part.Thinka gain; we would be on the hook for the length of our PSL payment plan.

But why was this a surprise, even a brief glance at the contract you signed did state this pretty plainly.

Here is the angle nobody sees, i paid 2500 to upgrade my seats. Due to scumbags who only bought seasons to resell them, and people who got them handed down to them, I was never able to get near the lower level. I was willing to pay, but they were unavailable, so i was stuck in the last effing row waving to Jet Blue pilots buzzing the stadium 20 feet above me. So yeah,it sucks for those who got the free ride just because they were born into a family that had someone who had them, but it also sucked for me being a fan willing to pay more for better seats but not given the opportunity. So who should get the shaft? Someone has to win and someone has to lose, obviously the owners are going with the side paying them more. Unfortunately for them, Jets tickets are not a birth right. In fairness to those fans, they were given first crack at what they wanted, i had to wait.

Yeah the stadium isn't as great as it could or should be for the investment they made, but it is better than we had, and the on the field product has been great. We have had the best back to back seasons i can ever remember.

And as for the pats fans who don't pay the psl, well, its just backloaded. Try and transfer or hand that down to a family member and tell me there is no psl. They can change the transfer fee whenever they want, and the last time i looked it was like 5,000 a seat i think.

Here is the angle nobody sees, i paid 2500 to upgrade my seats. Due to scumbags who only bought seasons to resell them, and people who got them handed down to them, I was never able to get near the lower level. I was willing to pay, but they were unavailable, so i was stuck in the last effing row waving to Jet Blue pilots buzzing the stadium 20 feet above me. So yeah,it sucks for those who got the free ride just because they were born into a family that had someone who had them, but it also sucked for me being a fan willing to pay more for better seats but not given the opportunity. So who should get the shaft? Someone has to win and someone has to lose, obviously the owners are going with the side paying them more. Unfortunately for them, Jets tickets are not a birth right. In fairness to those fans, they were given first crack at what they wanted, i had to wait.

Yeah the stadium isn't as great as it could or should be for the investment they made, but it is better than we had, and the on the field product has been great. We have had the best back to back seasons i can ever remember.

No offense, Joey, but you sound like Donald Trump explaining why it's good and necessary to buy $5,000 socks.

The part I bolded is really the crux of the whole thing, really, and is the last and only thing you and Woody and ECURB can cling to as justification for the expense of the PSL--the product has been good, so you'll pay a higher price for it. That's life. But, if and when the Jets fall on their faces and are putting up 6-10, 4-12 seasons, there will be absolutely zero secondary market for tickets because the stadium is a sh*thole and the gameday experience (parking, food, travel, etc.) sucks so hard, and you'll be sitting in that stadium with 5,000 other embittered "investors" wondering how you got snowed so bad. As bad as the Mets will be this season, I'll still go to a bunch of Mets games because the stadium is great and the seats are relatively affordable. But go to a Jets game, especially if the team isn't great? Not a chance. I was offered free tickets to two games last year and I turned them down, and I was offered to get in on some seats this coming year from some buddies and I just laughed at them. The Jets and Giants screwed the pooch so hard with this stadium/PSL debacle that it's actually going to be amusing watching them twist in the wind in the near future when they're struggling to avoid blackouts.

Archived