Jets Workout RT Gabe Carimi

TNJet

I saw this on NFL network today. Hes the ideal RT at 6-8 330 from Wisconsin, where they put out stud olinemen (Joe Thomas). Maybe the jets feel he can ad much needed competition to the Tackle spot if Ducasse doesnt pan out. I personally think Gabe is light years ahead on football iQ than Vlad. Thoughts? if Carimi is our number 1 pick?

he's not going to be there when we pick, unless they trade up!

Crazier sh*t has happened.

I'd be perfectly happy if this was their choice. There's a ton of DE/OLB/NT in this draft and if they think they can get some players later in the draft and secure a sure fire pick with their 1st rounder...then by all means, do it.

I saw this on NFL network today. Hes the ideal RT at 6-8 330 from Wisconsin, where they put out stud olinemen (Joe Thomas). Maybe the jets feel he can ad much needed competition to the Tackle spot if Ducasse doesnt pan out. I personally think Gabe is light years ahead on football iQ than Vlad. Thoughts? if Carimi is our number 1 pick?

Rather see us use the first round pick on the pass rush...but Carimi is a decent value pick at #30.

If we did pick Carimi it would lead to speculation that Vlad pick from a year ago has not developed as planned.

This is all a smoke screen.

The Jets will draft a blocking Tight End in the first round. Book it.

Edit: Sorry I was having a Rich Kotite flashback. Horrifying. Actually the Jets will draft three more DBs, in keeping with Rex's philosophy of "you can't have enough DBs" LOL

Edit: Sorry I was having a Rich Kotite flashback. Horrifying. Actually the Jets will draft three more DBs, in keeping with Rex's philosophy of "you can't have enough DBs" LOL

You Joke but there's truth in what you say. Rex could pound on the table to draft Jimmy Smith at 30 and let Cro walk. It also provides Revis leverage should he hold out again.

Rather see us use the first round pick on the pass rush...but Carimi is a decent value pick at #30.

If we did pick Carimi it would lead to speculation that Vlad pick from a year ago has not developed as planned.

Ducasse and Ferguson are the only tackles under contract. Replacing Woody and Hunter with Carimi makes sense to me. Especially when you consider they have worked Ducasse at G. I think Turner is a FA too.

Ducasse and Ferguson are the only tackles under contract. Replacing Woody and Hunter with Carimi makes sense to me. Especially when you consider they have worked Ducasse at G. I think Turner is a FA too.

I understand picking Carimi would have some logic to it...just saying #1 picks are usually expected to start by season two or so...Brick is signed long term and I thought Vlad would move to RT...could be...they planned for Vlad expected to compete with Slauson the entire time and now will address the RT position...I'm not against it...just not what I expected.

Archived