Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

sigh... i knew peace couldn't last too long..

This post reeks..

In one post you undermine uncountered cop in Vic, role fish for slats (without voting) (there's nothing anti-town about not role revealing until l-2), attack the pac train which was 100% logical given the deadline (that you double hammer'd btw)

I agree with this. Not so much to call him scum but he definitely hit my radar.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This post reeks..

In one post you undermine uncountered cop in Vic, role fish for slats (without voting) (there's nothing anti-town about not role revealing until l-2), attack the pac train which was 100% logical given the deadline (that you double hammer'd btw)

Could you explain this?

By logical you mean 'deadline was approaching, we had to vote for someone' or another logic i'm not getting?

FOS:

#1: Slats - I said in Day 1 I didn't like the way he was overanalyzing posts and other players; Day 2 was pretty active in Jacks lynch too.

#2: DPR/verb: was pretty active in diverting attention off Slats and towards Vic (though that could be drama induced, I don't have enough o work on). His vote came sort of out of nowhere IMO.

For the above.

Vote: Slats

Primate,

what's with the sudden switch to helpfulness from belligerence? I'm always wary of a person trying yo be to helpful.

Aldo slats never revealed a role. How do you know it's a power role? Why can't he be lying?

So no cases that have currently been made warrant a vote? How about a discussion?

I'm not sure there are other investigative roles. If there were multiple shouldn't a scum have turned up somewhere?

I'm being helpful to RaoulDuke because he's a pal from a different Jets message board, there's rivalry between the 2 boards, and I want him to post here more. (I don't post at the other board.)

Also, I recruited him to play this game, so I wanted to help him out.

Other questions:

I don't know anything about Slats role. However, he hinted a role - and since everyone else is roleless townie. I'm assuming his role hint would have been enough to warrant a NK from scum no? Vic's too? Odd that 2 roles reveal and JC gets killed instead.

You can vote however you want, I said I want to hear from some people before moving forward. Me and Slats arguing allowed some people to play observer on D3. Do what you want.

Our last game had a flavor cop, watcher, 1-time lie detector and multiple investigative items all on the town side, and a rolefinder on the scum side. Don't assume anything about how many investigative roles there are. Town lost because Slats thought all those investigative roles were town including rolefinder and he never considered the imbalance of it.

I'm being helpful to RaoulDuke because he's a pal from a different Jets message board, there's rivalry between the 2 boards, and I want him to post here more. (I don't post at the other board.)

Also, I recruited him to play this game, so I wanted to help him out.

Other questions:

I don't know anything about Slats role. However, he hinted a role - and since everyone else is roleless townie. I'm assuming his role hint would have been enough to warrant a NK from scum no? Vic's too? Odd that 2 roles reveal and JC gets killed instead.

You can vote however you want, I said I want to hear from some people before moving forward. Me and Slats arguing allowed some people to play observer on D3. Do what you want.

Our last game had a flavor cop, watcher, 1-time lie detector and multiple investigative items all on the town side, and a rolefinder on the scum side. Don't assume anything about how many investigative roles there are. Town lost because Slats thought all those investigative roles were town including rolefinder and he never considered the imbalance of it.

True

This post reeks..

I'm going to say this once. Yesterday town had no clue, I mixed it up and tried to elicit content from people. We still have no clue. Do the math.

That's not true... and lazy. You want to case me on day 3, there's plenty to go off besides spectating, I cased pac initially and was wrong, was one of the first vic voters, and I pressured vic to reveal before splitting.

My suspect list right now is you, avm and brett

Not trying to case you dummy. I was asking for your input. I've had a town read on you, and want you to be more proactive here... I thought that was clear. You don't have to be defensive, I'm not attacking... just prodding you to get more involved. You usually have no objection to vocally leading the town.

Could you explain this?

By logical you mean 'deadline was approaching, we had to vote for someone' or another logic i'm not getting?

Logical was primarily in regards to the deadline and the fact that pac had already claimed roleless, so we weren't risking lynching a power role if he wasn't lying...

No scum. Narrowed down our pool though.

Alright.

They killed off your list last night, so I don't know if you should reveal your name or not. I think I'd lean towards holding it until that person is in danger of being lynched.

This post reeks..

Also, where in that post did I attack the Pac train? Never happened.

I know lynching him made sense, as opposed to random.

Additionally, I think its anti-town that Slats make us waste time and focus bringing him back to a reveal point to get the other half of his reveal. That's my opinion. Its like we have to repeat a part of D3 just to get the rest of it from him... and given the scumminess of his play, you know I won't be the only one that wants it.

Maybe its Ape-paranoia, but Vic playing the I don't want to release my results because it will be a "kill list" then scum killing from his list, instead of shooting either the Cop or Slat's hinted role, then this...

No scum. Narrowed down our pool though.

Alright.

They killed off your list last night, so I don't know if you should reveal your name or not. I think I'd lean towards holding it until that person is in danger of being lynched.

It all feels very disingenuous to me.

Additionally, I think its anti-town that Slats make us waste time and focus bringing him back to a reveal point to get the other half of his reveal. That's my opinion. Its like we have to repeat a part of D3 just to get the rest of it from him... and given the scumminess of his play, you know I won't be the only one that wants it.

I had my reasons for withholding it.

I haven't played scummy at all. The people playing scummy are the ones who speed lynched Wombat for no reason, and then dismiss it as a joke. They're the primary people attacking me.

vote: JiF

I can go back and find posts of mine calling him out early. Long before he got on my case yesterday. This isn't omgufs, not on my part. He's scum.

MOD NOTE: I will only have blackberry access for a while so BG will be filling in with post counts. But feel free to track them yourselves if need be too. I'll try my best as well:)

Official Vote Count

Lily (1): Jack

Slats (1): Duke

JiF (1): Slats

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch

Not voting: Lily, Dan, AVM, Vic, Smash, CTM, Sharrow, Brett, Primate, Jif, Verb

I had my reasons for withholding it.

I haven't played scummy at all. The people playing scummy are the ones who speed lynched Wombat for no reason, and then dismiss it as a joke. They're the primary people attacking me.

vote: JiF

I can go back and find posts of mine calling him out early. Long before he got on my case yesterday. This isn't omgufs, not on my part. He's scum.

I don't disagree with the assertion that there's obviously scum on the Wombat train - however, we were wrong about Pac. Is it your plan that we just run down that whole train of voters until we finally get scum?

My question with JIF is, has he done anything scummy OTHER than case you after you called him out? I've been very much on the same page as him this game, which is admittedly unnerving, but nothing he's done has pinged me other than him agreeing with me - rather than calling me scum's best friend. Haha... maybe that's all the proof I need. :D

I don't disagree with the assertion that there's obviously scum on the Wombat train - however, we were wrong about Pac. Is it your plan that we just run down that whole train of voters until we finally get scum?

My question with JIF is, has he done anything scummy OTHER than case you after you called him out? I've been very much on the same page as him this game, which is admittedly unnerving, but nothing he's done has pinged me other than him agreeing with me - rather than calling me scum's best friend. Haha... maybe that's all the proof I need. :D

JiF has been pinging me most of the game. Like I said, I can go back and find posts where I talk about it before he had anything to say about me.

JiF was the L3 vote on the Wombat train, and was one of the people standing around while he sat at L1 and got lynched. I think there might've been scum on that train before they found out they were scum. That train was already moving when I got the PM with my role - scum PM's could've been sent out at the same. JiF's vote came a couple hours after I got my PM.

Another thing that really pinged me with JiF was a "Nice!" post after the N1 scene when we had no NK. Just read like BS to me.

Crusher/Jack was on the train early, and also hung around and posted without unvoting Wombat at L1. I doubt they're both scum - because I doubt Crusher would've left the game with JiF as his scummate. But I think one of them almost certainly is. Jack came back on me with a vengeance when he was reborn as Crusher, after being pretty non-committal as a ghost.

But JiF bothers me more.

MOD NOTE: I will only have blackberry access for a while so BG will be filling in with post counts. But feel free to track them yourselves if need be too. I'll try my best as well:)

Remember folks, dont vote count and drive. This public service announcement is brought to you by Hostess.

Yes my vote was so much summier than Brett or the person before me that put him at L4. LOL.

Honestly, I went with that train because it was awesome. What a breath of fresh air from a normal day 1. My face hurt I was laughing so hard. If thats scummy. Than sobeit. It twas awesome.

This was the first interaction between us. Just want to point it out that I was suspicious about JiF before he turned it around on me. I can find more.

There was this exchange, too:

Gotta say, don't love this post.

I think it would be easy for scum to say it was a joke vote, too. Too easy. I think it can be pretty damn funny to run a guy up just for laughs, but it's scummy to actually lynch him. That was a great lynch for scum. Short D1, little info out there, and a dead townie.

He voted me for overreacting to one vote, he got pretty defensive just by having me list his activity here with no votes. Just sayin'.

I stand by my point at the time. Real easy for scum to say that lynch was a big joke and shrug off killing a townie.

OMG nick names now. God help me.

Ive been thinking about what you said about Slats. Im not a big fan of this half reveal crap

I'm the doc.

I didn't want to counter Jack on D1, because I thought he was seriously fishing for the doc before he false claimed the role. Made me think the scum really wanted to get the doc exposed. At that point, I didn't know how roled up the game was. But now that we've had so many dead roleless townies, and Vic got results last night (suggesting no role blocker), I'm fine with revealing.

I was really hoping they'd target me with that half-reveal, thinking "the doc" would've protected Vic - but they didn't.

Knock yourselves out.

This was the first interaction between us. Just want to point it out that I was suspicious about JiF before he turned it around on me. I can find more.

Appreciate the work to dig up posts, but all I'm seeing here is you two arguing over the Wombat train... nothing about who was suspicious of who first between the two of you is an indictment of either of you being scummy.

I still agree with his assessment of your play from D3. Of the two of you, you've seemed as though you are "up to something" while he has basically been on the same page as me.

Now, I'd be lying if I said him agreeing with me wasn't also a ping, but for now I'm not getting a scum read on JIF. At least not from this case you are laying out. If you've got something more than OMGUS from both of you, I'm all ears, as I'm sure the others will be.

Now, I'd be lying if I said him agreeing with me wasn't also a ping, but for now I'm not getting a scum read on JIF. At least not from this case you are laying out. If you've got something more than OMGUS from both of you, I'm all ears, as I'm sure the others will be.

I'm pointing these posts out now to show that his case is OMGUS, not mine. I was on him early.

Also, I'll be at work later, and I won't have the search function at my disposal on my phone.

OMG nick names now. God help me.

Ive been thinking about what you said about Slats. Im not a big fan of this half reveal crap

I'm the doc.

I didn't want to counter Jack on D1, because I thought he was seriously fishing for the doc before he false claimed the role. Made me think the scum really wanted to get the doc exposed. At that point, I didn't know how roled up the game was. But now that we've had so many dead roleless townies, and Vic got results last night (suggesting no role blocker), I'm fine with revealing.

I was really hoping they'd target me with that half-reveal, thinking "the doc" would've protected Vic - but they didn't.

Knock yourselves out.

So when I suggest Slats give the full reveal, CTM says I'm role-fishing and puts me on his FOS list.

When who else but Smashmouth suggests it, Slats decided we no longer have to run him back up to L2 and he spills the beans?

I feel like Vic, Smash and Slats have been serving up meatball pitches to each other in-thread... all of it is extremely disingenuous and feels very calculated.

Archived