Soccer is dead to me

T0mShane

I just got home from the Sounders FC vs Manchester United. This is our first year with season tickets, and I am learning to really like the sport as I learn more about it. The crowd is in general rowdier than a NFL crowd, but with a European feel to it.

Many dont like it because they dont understand the game, this includes me.

Give the game a try, and you might be surprised.

I just got home from the Sounders FC vs Manchester United. This is our first year with season tickets, and I am learning to really like the sport as I learn more about it. The crowd is in general rowdier than a NFL crowd, but with a European feel to it.

You're definitely in a city that actually cares about their MLS team, that's for sure. 67,000 fans for you guys last night for the Man. U. game. Unreal. Too bad the Sounders couldn't put up a better result.

You're definitely in a city that actually cares about their MLS team, that's for sure. 67,000 fans for you guys last night for the Man. U. game. Unreal. Too bad the Sounders couldn't put up a better result.

It was a Friendly and with the US Open cup coming up soon, they were just trying to put on a good show with no injuries.

one advantage soccer has over american football is no commercials. they play a first half without interruption. they have commercials at halftime. they play a second half without interruption. unless it's some kind of overtime situation, the whole affair is done and dusted in 2 hours. good stuff.

Wolves vs Birmingham and no one gives an eff.

Tell that to a Wolves or Brum fan, and see where it gets you. They hate each other's guts. :D

I think you're overstating the country outweighs the club thing. Most English Liverpool and Manchester United fans I know love to see England lose, and lose often. Same goes for a lot of clubs, though there are exceptions, but you look at when people put placenames on flags, a lot of them are from places where there aren't clubs.

I don't mind the World Cup, but if was to disappear, I wouldn't miss it. Besides, it interferes with the league over here.

And I f**king hate penalty shootouts. Especially when we lose them.

one advantage soccer has over american football is no commercials. they play a first half without interruption. they have commercials at halftime. they play a second half without interruption. unless it's some kind of overtime situation, the whole affair is done and dusted in 2 hours. good stuff.

This is the real reason it won't take over in the US. Without commercials where is the revenue coming from? America is ad driven. Look at NASCAR, the cars are bigger so that you can see the advertisement. Those F1 cars are useless, the zip by so fast and are so small you can barely tell the color of the wing. In NASCAR you can see every car the whole way around the track and read M&Ms the whole time.

Lawrence Welk doesn't have commercials either. And like soccer, you get to spend an hour watching people tap dance in tall socks.

(edited, while the stars of both think accordion is cool, some countries may not be into it anymore)

Archived