*** The Official NY JETS Off-season Movement, Rumors and Transactions Thread ***

Integrity28

I've decided our key off-season acquisition should be::

Kevin Boss, TE, NYG--Huge, great blocker, good hands and a good route-runner. I've seen enough of Dustin Keller trying to block DEs. He's an H-back if there ever was one. Getting Boss in here helps Keller, it helps the running backs and, most importantly, it helps Sanchez. Added bonus--it screws the Giants hardcore. Could be had for, what, $3 mil per?

Others to shop for:

Mike Huff, FS, Raiders-- Need the playmaking safety and he's it. Might not come cheap.

Matthias Kiwanuka, OLB, Giants-- Legit rusher has injury concerns (herniated disk in neck), but could be an affordable option on the outside if Bryan Thomas is cut.

Dawan Landry, SS, Ravens-- Would know the scheme, but struggles in coverage. Jets need an intimidator in the secondary though, and this could be it.

Josh Wilson, CB, Ravens-- Former first-rounder seems to be getting better. If/when Cromartie leaves, let Wilson come in and battle Kyle Wilson for his spot.

And, I hate to say it...

Terrell Owens, WR, Bengals-- Before we scream, look at the numbers: 72 catches, 983 yards, 9 TDs. He'll block, he'll make plays and, most of all, he'll be desperate. Of course, this is assuming we lose Holmes or Edwards.

Kevin Boss, TE, NYG--Huge, great blocker, good hands and a good route-runner. I've seen enough of Dustin Keller trying to block DEs. He's an H-back if there ever was one. Getting Boss in here helps Keller, it helps the running backs and, most importantly, it helps Sanchez. Added bonus--it screws the Giants hardcore. Could be had for, what, $3 mil per?

Others to shop for:

Mike Huff, FS, Raiders-- Need the playmaking safety and he's it. Might not come cheap.

Matthias Kiwanuka, OLB, Giants-- Legit rusher has injury concerns (herniated disk in neck), but could be an affordable option on the outside if Bryan Thomas is cut.

Dawan Landry, SS, Ravens-- Would know the scheme, but struggles in coverage. Jets need an intimidator in the secondary though, and this could be it.

Josh Wilson, CB, Ravens-- Former first-rounder seems to be getting better. If/when Cromartie leaves, let Wilson come in and battle Kyle Wilson for his spot.

And, I hate to say it...

Terrell Owens, WR, Bengals-- Before we scream, look at the numbers: 72 catches, 983 yards, 9 TDs. He'll block, he'll make plays and, most of all, he'll be desperate. Of course, this is assuming we lose Holmes or Edwards.

The Jets are my biggest hobby, if they sign TO, i'm through with them. Thats how bad I hate TO. The only thing worse than TO is Ocho stinko.

Paying $3M for Boss? No thanks. Decent player, I think you are overrating him. I don't think they will bring in another TE. They have Keller, they like Mulligan and carried Cumberland all last season on the active roster so that nobody else could sign him. If they want another blocker I think they bring Hartsock back cheap.

Maybe someone could enlighten me, but WHERE is all of our money? We are supposedly a million or so dollars above the 120 mil salary cap according to a few articles I have read. If Santonio, Braylon, and Cromartie are not counted in that figure, then where is all of our money invested? We don't have that many big playmakers besides those guys, are Revis, Sanchez, Harris (franchise tag), B Scott, Brick and Mangold really taking that much room up? Tanny's gotta deal with this.

Others to shop for:

And, I hate to say it...

i can deal with owens,hard working player.his attitude seemed to calm down lately as well.plus the extra hate for the jets around the leauge would be priceless

Archived