Jets first to contact Santonio

Klecko73isGod

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't want Santonio Holmes back? :blink:

nope not at all. Sorry

Ive already stated more than once I would rather have a guy like Lance Moore on the Jets for less money and hes a better all around WR .

Santonio Holmes is way overrated and inconsistent. Our Offense needs consistency not a few big plays per year. The guys fumbles way too much he drops too many passes and he does not like to go over the middle.

nope not at all. Sorry

Ive already stated more than once I would rather have a guy like Lance Moore on the Jets for less money and hes a better all around WR .

Yes because Lance Moore has the most game-winning TD catches in the final minute of games in NFL histor.... sorry, that's Santonio.

Holmes is the definition of clutch.

nope not at all. Sorry

Santonio Holmes is way overrated and inconsistent. Our Offense needs consistency not a few big plays per year. The guys fumbles way too much he drops too many passes and he does not like to go over the middle.

Lance Moore is a better all around WR than Holmes who had nothing but game winning catches all year last season? Really?

It's all about what the Redskins will offer.

I think if the Jets are in the Redskins' "ballpark" figure then Holmes will re-sign. If Snyder offers him something outrageous then he's 100% gone.

Lance Moore is a better all around WR than Holmes who had nothing but game winning catches all year last season? Really?

HOW MANY GAME WINNING TD"S did Santonio have aganist teams we should have beaten handily ???? And yes Lance Moore is a better WR who will make our offense better and more consistent.

HOW MANY GAME WINNING TD"S did Santonio have aganist teams we should have beaten handily ???? And yes Lance Moore is a better WR who will make our offense better and more consistent.

Wow, just wow. So your theory is that if we had Lance Moore those games wouldn't be close? :blink:

It's all about what the Redskins will offer.

I think if the Jets are in the Redskins' "ballpark" figure then Holmes will re-sign. If Snyder offers him something outrageous then he's 100% gone.

If the Jets are in the Redskins ballpark they are idiots. You know the Skins will find a way to offer this idiot more than we can and they can have his a$$.

Moore plays with one of the best QB's in the NFL, is tiny and has been a backup most of his career. He's also had 1 good season as a pro. He avg's 5 YPC less over his career. Did you like that GW catch Holmes had the vs the cheating scum in the playoffs? You're talking nonsense. Take a look at what Moore gets paid compared to Holmes.

Wow, just wow. So your theory is that if we had Lance Moore those games wouldn't be close? :blink:

Dont put words in my Mouth Klecko. I said Moore is more consistent in so many words. if you people base a players talents on a few gaming winning TD's while the rest of his play is wildly inconsistent then you you need to re think what type of offense this team runs.

Dont put words in my Mouth Klecko. I said Moore is more consistent in so many words. if you people base a players talents on a few gaming winning TD's while the rest of his play is wildly inconsistent then you you need to re think what type of offense this team runs.

He's consistently not as good as holmes is.

Moore plays with one of the best QB's in the NFL, is tiny and has been a backup most of his career. He's also had 1 good season as a pro. He avg's 5 YPC less over his career. Did you like that GW catch Holmes had the vs the cheating scum in the playoffs? You're talking nonsense. Take a look at what Moore gets paid compared to Holmes.

hes a slot reciever with the same stats as Holmes So what are you trying to say exactly ? When was the last time the Jets had a viable Slot reciever since Wayne Chrebet ? I would be very happy with Braylon, Moore and Cotch at WR with one or 2 of the young guys stepping in. A good slot receiver is exactly what Sanchez needs since Keller is a pussy over the middle as well.

hes a slot reciever with the same stats as Holmes So what are you trying to say exactly ? When was the last time the Jets had a viable Slot reciever since Wayne Chrebet ? I would be very happy with Braylon, Moore and Cotch at WR with one or 2 of the young guys stepping in. A good slot receiver is exactly what Sanchez needs since Keller is a pussy over the middle as well.

The same stats as Holmes? Really? What the hell are you talking about. In order for a slot WR to be effective you need a no 1 that scares people. See Welker, Wes.

In the same number of years played, Santonio Holmes has 95 more receptions for 2425 more yards and four more TDs. He also averages an enormous 4.8 more yards per reception. Holmes has also been healthier, never having missed a significant stretch of games in five years while Moore missed nine games in 2009.

Holmes is better, more explosive, more reliable and more consistent than Lance Moore.

Holmes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Moore.

And its not remotely close.

Except his stats aren't close to Holmes.

2010 New York Jets 12 10 52 746 14.3 52 6 2 17 8.5 14 0 2 2

2009 Pittsburgh Ste 16 16 79 1,248 15.8 57 5 3 6 2.0 7 0 -- --

2008 Pittsburgh Ste 15 15 55 821 14.9 48 5 2 9 4.5 10 0 4 1

2007 Pittsburgh St 13 13 52 942 18.1 83 8 5 17 3.4 11 0 2 0

2006 Pittsburgh St 16 4 49 824 16.8 67T 2 1 13 13.0 13 0 5 2

Heres Santonio You guys telling me we should pay THIS ^ (one year over 1000 yards numerous fumbles and drops) elite money that you know he wants ??? http://www.nfl.com/player/santonioholmes/2506885/profile

Heres Santonio You guys telling me we should pay THIS ^ (one year over 1000 yards numerous fumbles and drops) elite money that you know he wants ??? http://www.nfl.com/player/santonioholmes/2506885/profile

Those fumbles are avg for a WR with that many touches and his stats are good across the board. You're talking nonsense.

Those fumbles are avg for a WR with that many touches and his stats are good across the board. You're talking nonsense.

heres what your not getting ...this guy thinks hes in the elites receiver category. Hes had 1 good season hes been riding that SB MVP and will continue too. The steelers dumped his a$$ for peanuts because hes an Idiot who runs inncorrect routes and probably had issues picking up the offense. Big ben extending plays is probably why he even had the year he did when he got 1200 yards. if we pay this clown 5 mil per Ill take him anything more and he can take a walk. And as for the fumbles find me an elite receiver with 16 fumbles in 5 years

heres what your not getting ...this guy thinks hes in the elites receiver category. Hes had 1 good season hes been riding that SB MVP and will continue too. The steelers dumped his a$$ for peanuts because hes an Idiot who runs inncorrect routes and probably had issues picking up the offense. Big ben extending plays is probably why he even had the year he did when he got 1200 yards. if we pay this clown 5 mil per Ill take him anything more and he can take a walk. And as for the fumbles find me an elite receiver with 16 fumbles in 5 years

He's by far the best WR available and the stats show that. You're grasping at straws with the fumbles.

Heres Santonio You guys telling me we should pay THIS ^ (one year over 1000 yards numerous fumbles and drops) elite money that you know he wants ??? http://www.nfl.com/p...2506885/profile

He's spent his entire career on two NE run oriented teams. You can't fairly compare his numbers to a WR from a dome-based, pass happy team - yet Holmes is better in every category.

I'm hoping that any contract offer he gets (and hopefully signs) from the Jets involves safeguards regarding his disciplinary history, but he's worthy of a big money deal.

1st off, I did feel as though Holmes took off a lot of plays last season, that he dropped a lot of balls that he should have caught. Having said that, I don't even know who Lance Moore is

Lance moore is a slot receiver for the NO Saints who in his 2 best years has more TD's than Santonio's 2 best years. Santonios 2 bets TD years are 8 and 6 Moores are 10 and 8 hes a posession receiver who will make the tough catch over the middle and move the chains. I believe he makes our offense more consistent.

Lance moore is a slot receiver for the NO Saints who in his 2 best years has more TD's than Santonio's 2 best years. Santonios 2 bets TD years are 8 and 6 Moores are 10 and 8 hes a posession receiver who will make the tough catch over the middle and move the chains. I believe he makes our offense more consistent.

The idea what you're using TD's to make an argument just shows how weak it is.

He's spent his entire career on two NE run oriented teams. You can't fairly compare his numbers to a WR from a dome-based, pass happy team - yet Holmes is better in every category.

I'm hoping that any contract offer he gets (and hopefully signs) from the Jets involves safeguards regarding his disciplinary history, but he's worthy of a big money deal.

Slats if those numbers are considered elite Ill eat my hat. This idiot is going to get money that usually goes to guys consistently in the 1200 yard range 10 TD per .....hes done that ONE TIME in 5 years and the other years hes not remotely close to elite numbers. In reality without all the over blown hype this guy is about a 5 mil per WR . Trust me there is a damn good reason why the Steelers dumped his a$$ they are the best at evaluateing personel in the NFL for a reason. This guy gets big money and he will turn into even more of a slouch.

The idea what you're using TD's to make an argument just shows how weak it is.

Thats interesting since others are making the arguement he gets game winning TDs all year long ? How many exactly since he only scored 6 for us all last year and ALL the big plays in the playoffs were turned in by Braylon Edwards.

nope not at all. Sorry

Lance MOore is a better all around WR than Santonio Holmes.

LMFAO!!! You've finally out done yourself Smash.

:bwahaharoll:

Slats if those numbers are considered elite Ill eat my hat. This idiot is going to get money that usually goes to guys consistently in the 1200 yard range 10 TD per .....hes done that ONE TIME in 5 years and the other years hes not remotely close to elite numbers. In reality without all the over blown hype this guy is about a 5 mil per WR . Trust me there is a damn good reason why the Steelers dumped his a$ they are the best at evaluateing personel in the NFL for a reason. This guy gets big money and he will turn into even more of a slouch.

The Steelers dumped him primarily because he and Roethlisberger had off field problems at the same time, and they couldn't deal with the backlash against both players. So they stood by their QB and let Santonio walk. They also had Mike Wallace waiting in the wings. If the Jets had a Mike Wallace, this wouldn't be a problem.

I also don't think the total numbers are a fair way to judge this player. Neither the Jets nor the Steelers are big passing teams. Both are run first/defense based teams. Of course the WR numbers will be reflective of that. You can see the WR numbers in Pittsburgh improve as Big Ben improves, and I think you'll see that here with Sanchez, too. His 16 ypc number is a good one, and his 5.5 yac number is an excellent one. While I don't like the drops or fumbles, I wouldn't pay the guy like he's Larry Fitzgerald, either. He is the top WR available in today's market, though, and he should/will be paid accordingly.

He never lost a fumble in his career till last season look it up

Lance MOore is a better all around WR than Santonio Holmes.

LMFAO!!! You've finally out done yourself Smash.

:bwahaharoll:

I know you dont understand the words "all around" just keep going with the hype my friend. My bad on the stats Santonio had one better year the rest are about the same but keep in mind Moore is a slot guy on a team stacked with WR's, 4 damn good ones to be exact, and he still had good numbers. Colston, Henderson, Meacham, Moore . Santonio was on the field as a so called #1 and he put up how many yards and TD's last year ?? 746 in 12 games ? yeah break the god damn bank on him

Archived