BREAKING: Veteran free agent o-lineman Damien Woody is retirin

F.Chowds

He must have been told by the team that Hunter, not him, would be retained. Sad to see him go.

By earlier reports Jets were on the phone with him first today. Woody said it was the Jets or nothing, so my guess is the Jets put together an offer for Woody and presented to him. It was probably lower dollar and he was told he'd have to compete for his starting job, so he decided against it. When he declined it, they moved on to Hunter. Of course this is all speculative, but just seems to fit in with the flow of the way the day was being reported, and would certainly be understandable from both sides.

The one thing that I think might make this FA period more interesting is teams have had SO much time to put together their offer packages, I think it's very likely some teams won't be all that interested in negotiating too much and will just move onto their next player with their next offer when they are declined (with a few exception of higher end FAs).

woody is a great player, but i didnt think he would be ready to start the year with that injury he had.very glad they signed hunter.great to hear woody say gang green or nothing.if something were to happen to hunter and ducasse,it is a possibility tanny can bring him back during the season

woody is a great player, but i didnt think he would be ready to start the year with that injury he had.very glad they signed hunter.great to hear woody say gang green or nothing.if something were to happen to hunter and ducasse,it is a possibility tanny can bring him back during the season

This is what I'm thinking.

Archived