Is LT Cut Yet?

Gen X Jet

He had nothing left at the end of the season last year. What is the point of keeping him if Shoddy's just going to continue using him in goal line situations?

where do you guys come up with this stuff? nothing left? really? while i agree he wore down at the end of the year, he still was more than serviceable. besides that was the plan anyway. beat up on lt to start the year and have greens fresh legs carry us thru the playoffs

LOL

Convert McKnight to WR :rolleyes:

What's so funny they talked about this last year, who do u think ran Welkers routes for the scout team after Woodhead was released and that's where the Jets idea came from I'm not pulling this sh*t out of thin air.

PITTSBURGH - It was fourth-and-goal from the Steelers' 1 and Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer called for LaDainian Tomlinson to run up the middle. Tomlinson had 12 yards on five carries to that point in the fourth quarter (he would end up with only four more yards on four carries).

As his progress was stopped by the Steelers' linemen, Tomlinson felt arms wrap around him while others attempted to pry the ball out of his hands.

"I wanted to extend the ball but couldn't get it up," Tomlinson said. "There was just too much traffic in there."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-01-24/sports/27096518_1_gang-green-ladainian-tomlinson-jets

LOL

Convert McKnight to WR :rolleyes:

You guys having fun?

Charley Taylor was drafted in the first round as a running back, won Rookie of the Year at that position, switched to WR two years later and spent 11 years grabbing passes. He retired as the NFL's all time leading receiver. He's now in the Hall of Fame.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/732796-art-monk-and-the-8-best-receivers-in-redskins-history/page/8

You guys having fun?

Charley Taylor was drafted in the first round as a running back, won Rookie of the Year at that position, switched to WR two years later and spent 11 years grabbing passes. He retired as the NFL's all time leading receiver. He's now in the Hall of Fame.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/732796-art-monk-and-the-8-best-receivers-in-redskins-history/page/8

Oh.

Well, if Charlie Taylor can do it, I guess anyone can.

Move McKnight to WR. Problem solved.

PITTSBURGH - It was fourth-and-goal from the Steelers' 1 and Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer called for LaDainian Tomlinson to run up the middle. Tomlinson had 12 yards on five carries to that point in the fourth quarter (he would end up with only four more yards on four carries).

As his progress was stopped by the Steelers' linemen, Tomlinson felt arms wrap around him while others attempted to pry the ball out of his hands.

"I wanted to extend the ball but couldn't get it up," Tomlinson said. "There was just too much traffic in there."

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-01-24/sports/27096518_1_gang-green-ladainian-tomlinson-jets

You blame LT for a decision made by that retard?

... LT is a HOF professional ...

... he will certainly be cut ,ripped , and in great shape in general once camp opens! ...

... we are very lucky to have another season of him as our primary 3rd down rb ...

l_j_r

He'll only be a "primary 3rd down rb" if Schitty somehow gets fired before Week 1. Otherwise, he'll continue to get goal line looks and be the centerpiece of the offense.

It's not like Greene gets those TDs either most of the time. For a power running team we have historically struggled in goal line situations. A vaunted run blocking unit and an all time TD great RB seem to not help. Although most of LT's TDs that I remember were to the outside and not up the gut. Sometimes he'd even throw them.

Archived