We are better than some of our fans are giving us credit for being

Bergen Jet

Two years ago this September the NY Jets walked into Reliant stadium for the official start of the Rex Ryan era. A rookie QB was throwing to a group of star studded receivers headlined by Jerricho Cotchery, David Clowney and Chansi Stucki. Thomas Jones was our running back and Lito Shephard and Donald Strickland were among the corners that saw the field opposite of a very good Darrelle Revis before he was considered the best CB in football. #17 was too busy wearing out his welcome in Cleveland while Antonio Cromartie was doing the same in San Diego. Santonio Holmes was the new number one son of the Pittsburgh area coming off his SB MVP.

Somehow we ended up in the AFC Championship game that year with a team that isn't as good as our current team is on paper.

Yes we need a CB, could use a safety and another WR. Every single team has needs and I am certain that our front office will address these needs.

So take a deep breath and see how it all plays out.

Two years ago this September the NY Jets walked into Reliant stadium for the official start of the Rex Ryan era. A rookie QB was throwing to a group of star studded receivers headlined by Jerricho Cotchery, David Clowney and Chansi Stucki. Thomas Jones was our running back and Lito Shephard and Donald Strickland were among the corners that saw the field opposite of a very good Darrelle Revis before he was considered the best CB in football. #17 was too busy wearing out his welcome in Cleveland while Antonio Cromartie was doing the same in San Diego. Santonio Holmes was the new number one son of the Pittsburgh area coming off his SB MVP.

Somehow we ended up in the AFC Championship game that year with a team that isn't as good as our current team is on paper.

Yes we need a CB, could use a safety and another WR. Every single team has needs and I am certain that our front office will address these needs.

Two words ... "discussion board".

It's here to express opinions and provoke discussion.

Fact is that, as of this very moment, we have weaknesses we did not have last year due to the way the FO is handling the new process.

That will provoke discussion, some of it very interesting.

But it certainly doesn't mean we'll be worse off when the season starts... that remains to be seen.

I have faith in Tanny.

meh.. we were a colts lay down away from missing the playoffs altogether, you might remember

I'd like to win a division and host the AFCC

Big Wood (@damienwoody)

Posted Saturday 30th July 2011 from Tweetlogix

Listen #Jet fans....don't panic from all these other signings! A lot of teams have looked good on PAPER but fall short. It's about the chemistry in the lockerroom that count

Nicely done. Could'nt agree more. I love Baylon and want him back, yet as accurate as Sanchez is I think our young rookies will do fine by committee along with Holmes and Cotchery.

Yeah!

Now let's get out there and back into a Wildcard spot and lose in the AFCCG!!!

On three...one, two, three...JETS!!!!

Nicely done. Could'nt agree more. I love Baylon and want him back, yet as accurate as Sanchez is I think our young rookies will do fine by committee along with Holmes and Cotchery.

Let's face it ... we were very lucky to get into the playoffs that year.

True, we did play well once we got in, but we also some good match-ups for us (Cincy, SD) until we hit the Colts.

I don't know.

To me, it's about building on last year, and getting better and it's a tough argument to express that we're better than we were last year, at least at THIS point.

Still time, but Tanny has alot of work to do.

Don't be surprised if next move is a trade.

Archived