Can we bring back the 80's green throw back uniform this year?

Obrien2Toon

Nope. Can't say that's the case at all.

In fact I remember hating those unis when the Jets wore them, wishing they'd switch back to the SBIII unis. The Jets current uniforms are easily the best part of Bill Parcells' legacy with the franchise.

I'm not a big fan of throwback/alternate uniforms but if they did anything I'd like to see them bring back the old plane logo from their first year as the Jets, 1963.

381702550_o.gif

You know me too, when they had those plain green 80's uni's, I couldn't wait for them to switch. I was happy when Parcells made the switch.

I'm not saying I want them to go back to those uniforms. Just if they are going to have throwback uniform games, they should mix them in one time a year and not the uniforms that nobody remembers them playing in.

For what it's worth, I hate both the Titans and the 80's and early/mid 90's uniforms.

If anything, if there really is a need to have a 2nd version of our uniform, I wouldn't mind a completely brand new one.

Something more modern, but nothing like those hideous Bills or Seahawks uni's.

Stay close to the current model, but maybe an "additional" new logo that could be used secondarily on Jets apparel.

But I do love the current uniforms, especially the "all white" look, so I wouldn't mind seeing every game in those.

Christ....why not save the money on the uniforms and instead of throwback day, pay homeless people $2/hr to kick every single fan who attends the chosen game square in the nuts.

Nothing good ever happened in those jerseys.

The Mud Bowl in 1982

1986 Disaster against the Browns. F**K YOU GASTINEAU

Walton

Coslet

Neil O'Donnell

Kotite

I'm stopping.

Christ....why not save the money on the uniforms and instead of throwback day, pay homeless people $2/hr to kick every single fan who attends the chosen game square in the nuts.

LOL...I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you present that idea to management. :P

Of the 30 yrs I've followed the Jets, half of those years they were wearing the kelly green unis with the green helmets.

Granted there were more losing seasons than winning seasons. Still I fell in love with the team (I must be a masochist) and I feel a lot of nostalgia for the old unis.

Perhaps they can come up with some new alternate uniform that pays some homage to those teams.

How about keeping the current unis and just switching to green helmets with the 80's logo a few times a year?

I don't like the Titans unis either.

Archived