Can we bring back the 80's green throw back uniform this year?

Obrien2Toon

I hated every minute that the Jets wore those stupid 80's uniforms and hope to never see them again.

The Titan's uni's are so ugly that they're cool.

The Jets current uni's are probably amongst the classiest in the league.

But that 80's garb sucked. :puke:

I hated every minute that the Jets wore those stupid 80's uniforms and hope to never see them again.

+1

With the exception of Joe Klecko, almost nothing good happened while the Jets were wearing those unis.

I'd prefer them over the Titans uniforms.

I think they'd sell more of the '80s throwbacks than the blue and mustard mess.

But, for some reason, they seem to want to ignore that part of their history.

You can't figure why? Heres a few hints: Bruce Coslet, Joe Walton, Johnny Lam Jones, etc. etc. etc.

If I'm not mistaken, the Jets originally changed uniforms in conjunction with changing their helmet to green in large part because they thought it would help Richard Todd find his own receivers downfield (at the time everyone in the division had white hats).

Now there's some Jets' history! :lol:

If I'm not mistaken, the Jets originally changed uniforms in conjunction with changing their helmet to green in large part because they thought it would help Richard Todd find his own receivers downfield (at the time everyone in the division had white hats).

and they changed back to white because Vinny is color blind and could not see the Green helmets.

I always thought they did it for camouflage. Like, they could blend in with the field and sneak up on opposing players. I thought it was genius.

+1

With the exception of Joe Klecko, almost nothing good happened while the Jets were wearing those unis.

The good was that most of us became diehard Jets fans while they were wearing those unis.

I know they were mostly losing seasons, but so what? There were still some great memories from those years.

This.

The good was that most of us became diehard Jets fans while they were wearing those unis.

I know they were mostly losing seasons, but so what? There were still some great memories from those years.

so what? SO WHAT? #-o

Exactly.

The Titans unis are trash, but the Kelly Green unis are from a horrible era of Jet football.

Seriously. Why would anyone want to reminisce about the dark days of this franchise which those unis represent?

Exactly.

The Titans unis are trash, but the Kelly Green unis are from a horrible era of Jet football.

Seriously. Why would anyone want to reminisce about the dark days of this franchise which those unis represent?

They went to the AFC Championship game in those jerseys.

:face:

Well, growing up with the kelly greens, I always dreamt of seeing those uniforms coming out of the tunnel on Super Bowl Sunday. Now that we are no longer pushovers, I would at least like to see that uniform kick ******* a$$ twice a year. If anything, I think there's a better chance the current team makes the kelly greens look good than the old uniform ruining our enjoyment of the current team. Plus, the Titans uniforms really are quite disgusting.

Enough with the Titans crap. Hardly any of us ever saw them, and they only wore them for one year.

Most of the core of the fan base grew up with those 80's uniforms. That's what we want to see.

No. Not many good memories in those. Even though I have a WW85 throwback, I would rather not see the Jets wear those again. I am sure I am in the minority here, but I actually like the Titans uniforms.....I hope they wear them this year.

I guess alot would depend on your age. Those in their late 20's, and 30's might want to see this more because of the nostalgia of what we grew up with.

Nope. Can't say that's the case at all.

In fact I remember hating those unis when the Jets wore them, wishing they'd switch back to the SBIII unis. The Jets current uniforms are easily the best part of Bill Parcells' legacy with the franchise.

I'm not a big fan of throwback/alternate uniforms but if they did anything I'd like to see them bring back the old plane logo from their first year as the Jets, 1963.

381702550_o.gif

In fact I remember hating those unis when the Jets wore them, wishing they'd switch back to the SBIII unis. The Jets current uniforms are easily the best part of Bill Parcells' legacy with the franchise. I'm not a big fan of throwback/alternate uniforms but if they did anything I'd like to see them bring back the old plane logo from their first year as the Jets, 1963.

381702550_o.gif

That my man is nothing but the truth.......

In fact I remember hating those unis when the Jets wore them, wishing they'd switch back to the SBIII unis. The Jets current uniforms are easily the best part of Bill Parcells' legacy with the franchise.

I'm not a big fan of throwback/alternate uniforms but if they did anything I'd like to see them bring back the old plane logo from their first year as the Jets, 1963.

381702550_o.gif

That logo sucks.

Looks like a green dolphin with JETS written across it.

I guess alot would depend on your age. Those in their late 20's, and 30's might want to see this more because of the nostalgia of what we grew up with.

That's like having nostalgia for a colonoscopy.

Archived