Forget the Jets front Office

TNJet

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll say this one last time. I just dont think we've gotten better on offense thru the offseason, if anything we've added more inconsistency, and question marks. Then add in the fact that all I get is an explanation from you guys of well, sometimes you gotta make changes to get to the next level...true, but you dont go backwards in talent to get ahead in wins, or super bowls. If they Bring in Desean I'll stand corrected...Until then we've gotten worse on offense pure and fcking simple. Mark it down.

Okay - I don't think anyone's actually arguing that point. What (I think) everyone's saying is: Braylon has got some HEAVY legal and personal sh*t coming down on him. Perhaps the coaching staff recognized this problem last year and that's why no other team pursued him. Cotch was a fave of mine, but he never really lived up to my expectations. He broke all of Tory Holt's records at NC State, but was he even close in the NFL? We have to move forward. I hope our coaching staff and management know what they're doing.

They have Holmes locked up. Brad Smith wasn't a WR. Cotch asked to leave. All signs point to Braylon Edwards being an alcoholic.

Plaxico is a competent stop gap.

They have some faith in Kerley, and the early camp reports on him are very positive.

Sanchez can also throw to Keller, LT, Greene, Powell, Conner, two guys named McKnight, maybe one or two of these other young WR's they have in camp, too.

He's got plenty of weapons. Holmes is a top 10 WR. Plax could potentially be as well. Even if he's 80%, he's better than Edwards. Keller with Moore around is going to be used more often. A committee of good RB's. And room to add another option, maybe a consistent player like Mason....thats tough to defend, especially if Sanchez takes the next step.

He's got plenty of weapons. Holmes is a top 10 WR. Plax could potentially be as well. Even if he's 80%, he's better than Edwards. Keller with Moore around is going to be used more often. A committee of good RB's. And room to add another option, maybe a consistent player like Mason....thats tough to defend, especially if Sanchez takes the next step.

JUSTIFY THAT.

Holmes may be the first top 10 WR who only goes over the 1,000 yard mark once every four or five years.

How is he a top 10 WR?

Fortunately, we have the stats to help us decide. Seems like Cotchery has just as many 1,000+ yard seasons (1) as Holmes. Is Cotchery a #1? HELL NO.

Bottom line, it is production rather than the appearance of potential production that makes a #1 WR.

I'm a Cotchery fan, so don't get me wrong here...

But Holmes averages 16 ypc to Cotch's 12.6.

Cotchery has 4514 total yards, and 18 TD's on 358 catches over 7 seasons.

Holmes has 4581 yards, and 26 TD's, on just 287 catches over 5 seasons.

Holmes is a legit #1.

Nice cherry pick on the stats, though. :lol:

Dont pass judgement till the final products on the field

Ok deal. Lets just hope we have a season with a final product on offense in place. As of right now we dont have it. On D, oh heck yeah, maybe number one in the league with Mo, and Kenrick added...but offense, yuck. Sign a beast quickly at WR.

I've been telling you, this kids going to be a steal. He's a versatile slot WR who can be your return man too.

Where you find this?

I think he's starting in the slot as your #3. I see mason more as an insurance policy to Plex than an actual #3. More like a #4 who'll jump to #2 if there's an injury.

Ok deal. Lets just hope we have a season with a final product on offense in place. As of right now we dont have it. On D, oh heck yeah, maybe number one in the league with Mo, and Kenrick added...but offense, yuck. Sign a beast quickly at WR.

cool bro.. relax..its all good.. see what happens close to 9 mil under

if anything I'd be more worried about RT than WR. Hunter i8s JAG and Ducasse obviously isnt up to challenge

Hunter will be fine...and if not we have the best backup OL in the league in Turner who can play all positions on the line. If that doesnt work, Slauson played mostly RT at Nebraska, so move him over and let Turner start at LG. Its that fixable. Wr is far from fixable if Crackico doesnt pan out.

I'm a Cotchery fan, so don't get me wrong here...

But Holmes averages 16 ypc to Cotch's 12.6.

Cotchery has 4514 total yards, and 18 TD's on 358 catches over 7 seasons.

Holmes has 4581 yards, and 26 TD's, on just 287 catches over 5 seasons.

Holmes is a legit #1.

Nice cherry pick on the stats, though. :lol:

Fair enough, but you see the problem don't you? 1,000 yards plus is a really important indicator that you have a quality WR. It indicates that although he was getting a lot of touches, defenses still had trouble shutting him down over the course of a full season.

You will see that a true #1 is frequently over 1,000: Megatron (50% of seasons), Fitzgerald (5/7 seasons), Andre Johnson (5/8 seasons), Reggie Wayne (70% or 7/10)

Holmes.... 1/5. Not inspired.

Hunter will be fine...and if not we have the best backup OL in the league in Turner who can play all positions on the line. If that doesnt work, Slauson played most RT at Nebraska, so move him over and let Turner start at LG. Its that fixable. Wr is far from fixable if Crackico doesnt pan out.

Hunter Mr Run telegraph in afc champ game with it on the line?

Fair enough, but you see the problem don't you? 1,000 yards plus is a really important indicator that you have a quality WR. It indicates that although he was getting a lot of touches, defenses still had trouble shutting him down over the course of a full season.

You will see that a true #1 is frequently over 1,000: Megatron (50% of seasons), Fitzgerald (5/7 seasons), Andre Johnson (5/8 seasons), Reggie Wayne (70% or 7/10)

Cotchery 1/7, Edwards 1/6

Burress 4/9, Mason 8/14

You were saying?

Hunter Mr Run telegraph in afc champ game with it on the line?

Werent you just praising the front office for the moves they are making? They chose Hunter over Woody remember? Now you dissagree wiith that move but I couldnt dissagree with them moving our 2,3, and 4 wrs? LOL :lol:

JUSTIFY THAT.

Holmes may be the first top 10 WR who only goes over the 1,000 yard mark once every four or five years.

How is he a top 10 WR?

He was the 2nd option in a run first offense and coming into his own. When he had the opportunity to play #1, he blew up. He would have easily had his 2nd straight 1000 yard season if he played all 16 games. He's in his prime and his talent is easily top 10, therefore, so is he. Him and Sanchez should be a formidable duo for a long time. You should be excited.

I think the only thing that seems funny about all this is that we all thought they didn't have enough cap to bring back everybody. Then we find out they have plenty and they still don't bring back everybody, including their #2, #3 and #4 WR's all under 27...being replaced with a 34 and 37 year old and late round draft picks. It's understandable imo. I am excited though about Plex in the RZ and Kerley playing slot in particular.

The biggest head scratcher for me is not bringing back big cat. Putting a lot of stock in the rookies.

Werent you just praising the front office for the moves they are making? They chose Hunter over Woody remember? Now you dissagree wiith that move but I couldnt dissagree with them moving our 2,3, and 4 wrs? LOL :lol:

woodys done. they signed hunter yes but as we agreed upon.. see what our final team is

Compare Holmes' first five years to Reggie Wayne's, then get back to me.

Cotchery 1/7, Edwards 1/6

Burress 4/9, Mason 8/14

You were saying?

Two different discussions.

1. Holmes is clearly not a top 10 WR in this league.

2. You have me wrong, I'm not worried about the on field talent. IF we sign Mason (a big if) we will have almost as much talent as last year. That wasn't knocking Burress or Mason. The concern is continuity for a young QB.

2. You have me wrong, I'm not worried about the on field talent. IF we sign Mason (a big if) we will have almost as much talent as last year. That wasn't knocking Burress or Mason. The concern is continuity for a young QB.

Ask Ben Rothliesberger and Eli Manning if Plax was useful to them during their early years in the league.

I'm gonna throwup. Plax is 34 and hasnt played in 2 years, Mason is as old as Mark Brunell at a physical position. :puke:

Ask Ben Rothliesberger and Eli Manning if Plax was useful to them during their early years in the league.

Again, I got nothing against Plex, I like the guy. You didn't see me rioting when they signed him. It's just the fact that next year, Mark will be throwing to Santonio, Dustin and [insert three guys he's probably never met here]. That's assuming Santonio doesn't get suspended for the whole year, in which case it's Dustin and 4 guys he's never met.

Archived