Tony Richardson

Trevor Pryce

Drew Coleman

Kris Jenkins

Damien Woody

Shaun Ellis ****

Are we a better team than last year?

HOME TEAM~~~

If you're looking at year over year, you can't count players who stayed.

You have to look at who you've lost and who you've gained.

The Players we signed or stayed with us

Plaxico Buress

DaJuan Morgan

AWAY TEAM~~~The Players that left

Braylon Edwards

Jericho Cotchery

Brad Smith

James Ihedigbo

Kellen Clemens

Steve Weatherford

Lance Laury

Tony Richardson

Trevor Pryce

Drew Coleman

Kris Jenkins

Damien Woody

Shaun Ellis ****

Are we a better team than last year?

Braylon Edwards

Jericho Cotchery

Brad Smith

James Ihedigbo

Kellen Clemens

Steve Weatherford

Lance Laury

Tony Richardson

Trevor Pryce

Drew Coleman

Kris Jenkins

Damien Woody

Shaun Ellis ****

Looking at this, it looks even better than you'd think it would. On this list we have very few starters, including one of whom still may return in Ellis. Clemens and Jenkins did absolutely nothing for the Jets last year, so their loss means literally nothing. I loved TRich, but guy was clearly shot last year, and Conner is going to be destructive for the Jets. Ihedigbo, Laury and Smith saw their contributions primarily on special teams (with Smith adding his wildcat crap), and there's nobody I trust on the Jets more than Westy, so they'll be just fine there. Weatherford was solid most of the season, but sucked at the end of the year and the team clearly likes Conley. Coleman was solid last year but Strickland, when healthy, is a definitely better player. Woody was good but missed the end of the year and Hunter, who's back on the team, filled in admirably, plus last year's second round pick is in the picture as well. JCo was hurt last year and played like crap for most of the year. Pryce was a solid vet backup, but the Jets have a ton of young depth on the DL right now with all of the guys from last year, the drafting of Wilkerson and Ellis and the return of Pitoitua, so he certainly won't be missed.

So that brings us back to the one guy some people can't stop talking about, who honestly is the ONLY person I think anyone can make a coherent argument about the Jets possibly missing. Let's try to avoid that discussion in this thread and just point to the fact that if there is literally ONE guy who you could reasonably say will be missed, and then you consider this year's draft picks, the development and improvement of the last couple of years picks, and the FA additions, I'm really not sure what there is to be so panic-struck about. I think the Jets are in pretty damn good shape.

Looking at this, it looks even better than you'd think it would. On this list we have very few starters, including one of whom still may return in Ellis. Clemens and Jenkins did absolutely nothing for the Jets last year, so their loss means literally nothing. I loved TRich, but guy was clearly shot last year, and Conner is going to be destructive for the Jets. Ihedigbo, Laury and Smith saw their contributions primarily on special teams (with Smith adding his wildcat crap), and there's nobody I trust on the Jets more than Westy, so they'll be just fine there. Weatherford was solid most of the season, but sucked at the end of the year and the team clearly likes Conley. Coleman was solid last year but Strickland, when healthy, is a definitely better player. Woody was good but missed the end of the year and Hunter, who's back on the team, filled in admirably, plus last year's second round pick is in the picture as well. JCo was hurt last year and played like crap for most of the year. Pryce was a solid vet backup, but the Jets have a ton of young depth on the DL right now with all of the guys from last year, the drafting of Wilkerson and Ellis and the return of Pitoitua, so he certainly won't be missed.

So that brings us back to the one guy some people can't stop talking about, who honestly is the ONLY person I think anyone can make a coherent argument about the Jets possibly missing. Let's try to avoid that discussion in this thread and just point to the fact that if there is literally ONE guy who you could reasonably say will be missed, and then you consider this year's draft picks, the development and improvement of the last couple of years picks, and the FA additions, I'm really not sure what there is to be so panic-struck about. I think the Jets are in pretty damn good shape.

This.

2011 >>>> 2010

Super Bowl baby, Super Bowl

Plus One, is it your goal to be an insufferable a$$hole to everyone? Is that your sole purpose in joining here?

Why are you guys so sensitive?

I haven't attacked any of you, yet you seem to have no problem launching personal attacks at me.

Lighten up.

People always look at things in black and white as if it makes the least bit of difference. The fact is we had a LOT of players to sign with little cap room. Considering that we did very good and our team is at least on par with last years, but young on the d line and I feel if we get Mason the offense will be better as well. As a Jets fan, I know it's easy to look for the negative in everything, but there's nothing negative here. We did great for what we were working with.

Archived