Greg McElroy is the perfect QB for loser Rex Ryan offensive football

unbanmadmike1

This is %R*%&* stupid. If Rex has had such a "loser" strategy then how the eff has he not had a single losing season until now? How have his teams made 2 deep playoff runs in 4 years? Ridiculous.

The Jets were an 8-8 team his first year(nobody should ever count or give credit in regards to that Colts game),

they had their best season the second year but were still a wildcard,

they went 8-8 last year and missed the playoffs

, and this year they will be 7-9 or 6-10.

Yes, they had two great playoff runs and we all loved Rex and the Jets for that. The problem is, they were never that great, never even won the division, and they really never should have made the playoffs the first year. Great that they did, but people like to overlook the truth just because nothing really good happens to the Jets. And they really didn't show up for 3 Quarters against the Steelers in the AFC Championship game in year two. Not sure how that's even possible. it was as if they spent their load in beating the Patriots.

But who in their right mind would call this franchise on the right track? Who would claim Ryan is a great coach?

They never won a division, they have gotten worse the last two years, and there is no sign that they are improving in any aspect of the game.

It's like Herm Edwards all over again. Come in, make the playoffs, have nice run, and then just get worse and worse. Hell, Mangini had a good first year, and then just fell apart after that.

It's the same theme over and over again.

The jets seem to have no clue how to draft, how to sign players, how to develop players regardless of who is coaching or who is GM.

This is %R*%&* stupid. If Rex has had such a "loser" strategy then how the eff has he not had a single losing season until now? How have his teams made 2 deep playoff runs in 4 years? Ridiculous.

Rex took a mangini built team and motivated them. Mangini could build, but was disliked in the locker room. Rex is clueless when it comes to putting together a team, but he knows how to get the most out of his guys. What we see now is a terribly assembled, lopsided group being asked to play better than their talent level. They can't. Particularly on offense where there isn't a single dynamic player and a bad offensive line.

I don't think he has a loser strategy per se, I think if executed well, you can be a playoff team with his strategy.

I don't think you can win a SB though in this day and age with the strategy barring a miracle.

His strategy is to win every game close, good d and ball control offense

There are a few major problems with it for winning a SB.

What is much worse than just his strategy, which I dislike in today's NFL, is the fact that he is just not a good HC.

He has been here for 4 years, the personnel is atrocious, which is on him and Tanny, his hiring of Sparano was a joke, his losing of the locker, his unfounded loyalty, and many other things make him a bad HC.

He is a good enough DC to keep the team from being horrible, but he is not ever going to win a SB

but hey, his upside is pennington !!!!

lol

how many people spit out their beer when gannon said that ?

A piece of me died when I heard that ... then he followed it up with "maybe".

Times of no hope are the worst and I'm afraid we're there.

Times of no hope are the worst and I'm afraid we're there.

This is kind of how I feel right now.

I remember with Kotite how bad it was, but it was so bad that you just knew they had to do something drastic, and they did.

Problem now is we are in a situation where we won't be bad enough for moron Woody to clean house, as Rex as a D mind will keep us from total disaster, but we are never going to be a serious contender under Rex.

We have years of this crap ahead of us.

Archived