•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

JetNation Fantasy Draft. My thoughts from last night

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eboozer

eboozer

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationPa. by way of Hempstead

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

The NFL site is terrible compared to Yahoo. Yahoo offers so much more in ways of player rankings, forward views of matchups(can't see how I compare to my week 2 opponent) so I can set my rosters and be done with it. You try to read player updates and it takes you to a whole new screen rather than a pop up window.

For all the Billion$ the NFL has, they dropped the ball here. I even sent them a comment to recommend they have their web developers copy Yahoo's FF site verbatim.

Looking forward to a good season with you guys after I figure out how best use this FF site. I vote Yahoo for next year...... Just Sayin' :blowup:

Pro Bowl Caliber talent... UDFA Performer

#2 Jetscode1

Jetscode1

Veteran

• Members
  • 7,596 posts
  • LocationNorth America; Western Hemisphere; the Earth; the Solar System; the Universe; the Mind of God

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

The NFL site is terrible compared to Yahoo. Yahoo offers so much more in ways of player rankings, forward views of matchups(can't see how I compare to my week 2 opponent) so I can set my rosters and be done with it. You try to read player updates and it takes you to a whole new screen rather than a pop up window.

For all the Billion$ the NFL has, they dropped the ball here. I even sent them a comment to recommend they have their web developers copy Yahoo's FF site verbatim.

Looking forward to a good season with you guys after I figure out how best use this FF site. I vote Yahoo for next year...... Just Sayin' :blowup:

Agreed.

I joined the JN Yahoo League this year and considered joining the other one as well but the NFL.com was terrible.  Just didn't want the frustration.  

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A man must have a code. 

#3 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,880 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Sorry you're unhappy. It won't be that bad. But I'm moving this to the fantasy forum

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#4 NJ

NJ

Almost Unwatchable

• Members
  • 9,345 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

I think we went to NFL.com last year due to the Yahoo server snafu from the year prior. It worked well during the season. 

NATION....... JETNATION

#5 Greenseed4

Greenseed4

Eskimo Brother

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Just Sayin' :blowup:

I'm going to destroy you this week.  I mean, good luck. 

#6 eboozer

eboozer

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:43 AM

I'm going to destroy you this week.  I mean, good luck. 

I think my TE and WR's will do better than yours, but I'm afraid Brady could put up P. Manning type #'s against Buffalo.... We'll see come Sun.

#7 eboozer

eboozer

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

Sorry you're unhappy. It won't be that bad. But I'm moving this to the fantasy forum

FYI... contacted the NFL FF administrators about things they can do to tighten up the site. Surprisingly, I received an answer the next day and have had 5 more discussions with them since then. I applaud their customer support. The person I spoke with agreed, that Yahoo does some things better than them since, as he stated, "They have been around a long time. We just took over the game in 2010" He did show me some functions that I had no clue about. I don't like the fact that I can't view future week matchups and each teams projected points other that my current matchup( you can view the entire seasons matchups on Yahoo).
Listen, I'm grateful to be in your league. I'll figure out how to best use this site to kick all your asses!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users