Season Tickets

Lupz27

Quick question, anyone think this deal is to good to pass up for someone interested in season tickets?

For 2 without parking it comes to 1,044

With a 3 month payment plan of today, 9/15, 10/15 of $348

With parking (if I am unable to get it comp for 2 seats) it would be 1,244

And a payment plan of $414.66

For 4 seats with comp parking

Total-$2,084

3 month payment plan-$694.66

That's for all 8 regular season games, and Thursday's preseason game.

It's Upperdeck Lower Endzone, 2nd Row, seats 1-4. I've sat in the section before in the first row seats 2-6 so I know the view, and like the view from up there.

If I go for it I really only need 2 tickets, but I do plan on driving, and getting the 3rd, and 4th seat for $420 per seat is kinda tough to pass up no? I know the resale market sucks right now, but I think I could come close to getting my $$$$ back on the games I won't be able to get 2 more guys to come for face value.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, I'm gonna decide tomorrow morning. I've only been to 2 games since they opened MetLife so I'm not sure how the experience is for a whole season worth of games.

Here are my thoughts...

Season tickets are great, if you plan on going to every game, or close to every game. You can sell the games you don't go to but it is very hard to figure out the return because it is based almost all on how the Jets are doing at that moment. So if the Jets are 6 and 9 and they play at home in week 17, season tickets are good if you would go to that game regardless.

You get to know the people around you, which is cool. But if you are planning on going to only a few games a year, the secondary market is for you.

That is my three and a half cents.

Upper Deck in the new stadium stinks the players look like ants and there's long lines for the bathroom. It all depends on the individual though id rather sit home than sit in the upper deck that's just me.

I agree except for the first few rows, which I will have 2nd row.

Here are my thoughts...

Season tickets are great, if you plan on going to every game, or close to every game. You can sell the games you don't go to but it is very hard to figure out the return because it is based almost all on how the Jets are doing at that moment. So if the Jets are 6 and 9 and they play at home in week 17, season tickets are good if you would go to that game regardless.

You get to know the people around you, which is cool. But if you are planning on going to only a few games a year, the secondary market is for you.

That is my three and a half cents.

TBH Max I really want to get them for the little guy in my avatar, and as crazy as it sounds I'm a little nervous that when he is old enough to want to come to every game with me the Jets might actually be good, and getting decent non PSL season tickets will be hard to get, I may be way off on this thinking, but I think it's plausible if we find a QB worth a snot, and I liked what I saw from Geno. So technically the first few years I might be going to the secondary market more than not, but if I'm right, and the Jets are building a perennial winner, and Brady, and Manning holding on to only a few more years me, and my son will be very happy to be sitting where these seats are without a PSL hit.

Introducing your kid to Jets football can be considered child abuse but it is something that you will share forever. I started taking my son when he was small and now he is 24 and we still go to every game together plus the occasional road trip ( Green Bay this year). I would go for it since you can bail at any time.

All 8 games is a huge commitment. Would suggest you go to 1 or 2 games vis stub hub and see if you're up for that. It's an all day thing, which can be a lot of fun with friends and family. But 8 times in the fall becomes a little much. In all likelihood the tickets are still gonna be there for 2015 if you want to make the commitment.

TBH Max I really want to get them for the little guy in my avatar, and as crazy as it sounds I'm a little nervous that when he is old enough to want to come to every game with me the Jets might actually be good, and getting decent non PSL season tickets will be hard to get, I may be way off on this thinking, but I think it's plausible if we find a QB worth a snot, and I liked what I saw from Geno. So technically the first few years I might be going to the secondary market more than not, but if I'm right, and the Jets are building a perennial winner, and Brady, and Manning holding on to only a few more years me, and my son will be very happy to be sitting where these seats are without a PSL hit.

Introducing your kid to Jets football can be considered child abuse but it is something that you will share forever. I started taking my son when he was small and now he is 24 and we still go to every game together plus the occasional road trip ( Green Bay this year). I would go for it since you can bail at any time.

Lupz - Green DNA beat me to it.

If that is why you are thinking about it, do it. I started taking my son when he was 6 years old. He missed two games one year for basketball. He didn't miss any other games in 10 or 11 years. The next year he said Dad I am not playing basketball anymore, lol.  He is playing college football now and when he gets this schedule, he checks it against the Jets. This year he told me he can make 5 Jets games. It is so cool, but the bond grows even stronger with the years.

Do it. Tailgate with us, it is very family friendly. You will have a great time!

And DNA -- your son is 24 now, wow! I can't believe the kids get older but we stay young. Funny how that works. :)

15 feet either way doesn't matter poor viewing anywhere in the upper deck guys who have seats up there wont admit it and defend it all the time not trying to be a jerk but that's the truth.

He said he likes the view from them though.  I know people who sit in row 1 and they love the seats up there. Not a bad way to get tickets cheap. I paid for a PSL and I hate the very thought of that.

All 8 games is a huge commitment. Would suggest you go to 1 or 2 games vis stub hub and see if you're up for that. It's an all day thing, which can be a lot of fun with friends and family. But 8 times in the fall becomes a little much. In all likelihood the tickets are still gonna be there for 2015 if you want to make the commitment.

I don't disagree that it is a huge commitment it is. But the stance I always took is I am all in on Jets football. Home games, away games, whatever. Basically it was a big message to my family that said, don't expect to see me when the Jets are on. Ever.  I have gotten out of a lot of family functions as a result. :)

He is the same age as I was when I first got season tickets which is pretty scary since it seems like yesterday.

That is pretty wild, my son is just about at that age as well.  I was in my first year of college when I got them.

Time does fly. :)

Lupz - Green DNA beat me to it.

If that is why you are thinking about it, do it. I started taking my son when he was 6 years old. He missed two games one year for basketball. He didn't miss any other games in 10 or 11 years. The next year he said Dad I am not playing basketball anymore, lol.  He is playing college football now and when he gets this schedule, he checks it against the Jets. This year he told me he can make 5 Jets games. It is so cool, but the bond grows even stronger with the years.

Do it. Tailgate with us, it is very family friendly. You will have a great time!

And DNA -- your son is 24 now, wow! I can't believe the kids get older but we stay young. Funny how that works. :)

Thanks for your input guys, I am officially a Jets Season Ticket Holder now, my delay cost me a row (got the 3rd row now not the 2nd), but still have the Isle seats with all 4 in Section 349.

Thanks for the invite for the tailgating Max I will at the very least come swing by to say hello!

Archived