Some positives

DaBallhawk

I think you take BPA at #1 for us would be WR or an Olineman.

Try to get Petty after that & sign a stop gap vet.

Maybe try to get Cousins from the Skins or RGIII if that falls apart.

Skins Oline is worse than ours. So to make the Jets a destination for QBs you do everything you can to shore up the Oline!

Give the guy a good run game & a bunch of stud big men up front like Dallas did.

I think you take BPA at #1 for us would be WR or an Olineman.

Try to get Petty after that & sign a stop gap vet.

Maybe try to get Cousins from the Skins or RGIII if that falls apart.

Skins Oline is worse than ours. So to make the Jets a destination for QBs you do everything you can to shore up the Oline!

Give the guy a good run game & a bunch of stud big men up front like Dallas did.

Cousins is absolutely horrible, not even worth a backup job. Throws the ball right into defenders at least 4-5 times per game. Just no. RG3 would absolutely be worth the price (2nd ?) if you are going to be dedicated to him and let him do his thing, use the playactions, rollouts, read option, all that stuff. I watched their game last week when they went back to allowing him to use his legs (bootlegs, rollouts etc) and you saw kind of the same guy he was in his rookie year again. So I'd definitely like to have him here if we can pull off a trade.

Cousins is absolutely horrible, not even worth a backup job. Throws the ball right into defenders at least 4-5 times per game. Just no. RG3 would absolutely be worth the price (2nd ?) if you are going to be dedicated to him and let him do his thing, use the playactions, rollouts, read option, all that stuff. I watched their game last week when they went back to allowing him to use his legs (bootlegs, rollouts etc) and you saw kind of the same guy he was in his rookie year again. So I'd definitely like to have him here if we can pull off a trade.

The game where he put up 10 points against a bottom tier defense?  Griffin is the kind of guy that can create some things and might succeed with a good D, but not the kind of guy I would build a team around.  He is only due $3M, so it is reasonable enough and I might even offer him an extension at that figure.  It wouldn't preclude going after others the way Bradford's $13M might.  I would not give up a 2nd for him.   

It will be very interesting to see not only who coaches the Jets next year but who that person tabs to coach this defense.

Is Rex really a defensive genius?

How the new DC uses some of these players like Coples & Pryor.

If we do get a guy that plays a 4-3 someone like Wilkerson could be trade bait if his agents hold us hostage.

Say Wilks agents want the same $ as Suh? Who would you want?

You might get a1st for Wilk, so your Dline would be just as strong BUT you added more draft picks.

I know Coples doesn't play like his hair is on fire, (Watt like), but honestly, I think Mo gets lazy too. Suh plays harder on every snap.

We need one more stud LB, who will be available in FA? Davis has played very well & usually LBs get better each year.

We got a late 1st for Abe but he made All Pro in his 2nd season what had Mo done that's comparable?? He's a good player but I wouldn't bank on getting a 1st rd pick..

That would be something..

Idzik: "Hi this is John Idzik calling, GM of the Jets. And I'd like to make you a trade offer. I think it'll help both teams!"

John's Secretary: "Uh John...this is your Secretary. You called your own office."

Idzik: "So...you're not interested?"

Secretary: *Hangs up*

Idzik: "Hello?"

when Quentin Coples is pass rushing like that, its like letting Frankenstein's monster run wild. He crushed Jake Locker into little pieces 

isn't there a thread around here with people calling this player a bust? 

Coples is making Muhammed Wilkerson expendable.  Trade Wilk for a 1st rd pick or even better Jim Harbaugh.

We got a late 1st for Abe but he made All Pro in his 2nd season what had Mo done that's comparable?? He's a good player but I wouldn't bank on getting a 1st rd pick..

There are a lot of bad defenses out there.

Did you see the Bears last night. If you want to be a contending team & you have your QB situation settled (Falcons?)

You might trade a 1st for Wilkerson.

Keeping Mo, Sheldon & Coples long term is a pipe dream & we ain't winning a Superbowl in the next 2 years.

Same problem a team like the Rams will have, they have 4 studs on their Dline & nothing else. So eventually contract will come up & if they don't move any of them they'll have 40% of their salary cap in their Dline.

That's why you see the Patriots won't overpay when guys get old. BB knew he was getting a stud in Revis & he told Kraft, " pull the trigger", Revis is a once in a lifetime FA in the NFL & the Patriots are a Superbowl threat every year.

Archived