Marcus Williams ~ ~ ~

kelly

Really dont understand how he's not on the field more...

Only way that happens is by switching places with Cromartie.  I really don't think Cro is nearly as bad as we've been making him out to be.  It's actually not the easiest job playing alongside 2 other stellar corners in Revis and Skrine.  Cro is the guy the QB is going to throw at the most.

Only way that happens is by switching places with Cromartie.  I really don't think Cro is nearly as bad as we've been making him out to be.  It's actually not the easiest job playing alongside 2 other stellar corners in Revis and Skrine.  Cro is the guy the QB is going to throw at the most.

Wasn't it reported that Cro is having hip problems again??

Wasn't it reported that Cro is having hip problems again??

I don't doubt it.  He played through it last year, and I'm not sure if shutting him down would really be of any benefit.  It's just something he's dealing with.  Cro's biggest strength is to get game-changing turnovers, and in a defense like ours that lives on creating turnovers, that has value.  And yes, I understand Marcus Williams has displayed this ability as well, but I'm not so sure he could do it against # 2/Outside WR's. 

I trust Coach Bowles on this one.

I don't doubt it.  He played through it last year, and I'm not sure if shutting him down would really be of any benefit.  It's just something he's dealing with.  Cro's biggest strength is to get game-changing turnovers, and in a defense like ours that lives on creating turnovers, that has value.  I trust Coach Bowles on this one.

As do I especially since DB's being his area of expertise.. Plus this is probably Cro's last year with the team it's nice to know there is a Marcus Williams waiting in the wings..

As do I especially since DB's being his area of expertise.. Plus this is probably Cro's last year with the team it's nice to know there is a Marcus Williams waiting in the wings..

I'm definitely not sleeping on Dexter McDougle or even Dee Milliner either just yet.  Depth at corner is a rare luxury in the NFL.

Williams is a better player.  Period. 

I am still not completely sold on him.  According to the pre-draft stuff, he couldn't backpedal coming in and would take time to develop coming from the FCS.  He isn't big or fast.  He is a sure tackler and big hitter for his size.  He is the perfect guy for the late game stuff, but I don't know if I want a steady diet of him at #2.  He has looked very good, but I think Bowles is using him properly.  If he is that good then I am sure they will expand his role as the year goes on.  Does anybody have his PFF grades from last year?  I think he was grading out pretty well in the preseason.

As it applies to Williams vs Cro, I don't know why we are having those discussions.  Does anyone on this site claim to know better than Bowles who should be our starting CB?  A super bowl winning DB himself?  Interesting fans claim to know more than an NFL head coach.  Huh.

i look at it like this, we are fortunate to have both, along with Skrine, McDougle, and soon Milliner...I don't think we should be in a hurry to look forward to next year where we may HAVE to play williams due to less depth.  I like the situation we are in now better.  Let Bowles and others make the decisions on who plays when...that's what they get paid to do...

Williams makes Dee Milliner obsolete.

we will see.  Let's see how Millner looks with his athletic ability, revis' film breakdown with him, and Bowles using him in other Coverages than '0' Coverage all of the time...

Al of the sudden Pryor looks like an NFL safety this year...I'm hoping for similar results if not better when milliner is 100%.

Archived