Make three predictions re the Jets draft....

Beerfish

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe more than 3...

Paxton Lynch is not there when the Jets pick in the 1st Round

Connor Cook is not there when the Jets pick in the 2nd Round

Christian Hackenburg is not there when the Jets pick in the 3rd Round.

So if the Jets want one of those three, they will need to trade up/reach for them.

The Jets pick a WR or CB in rd 1, and a QB in rd 2.

I think they end up improving the roster, but I am not optimistic that the Jets come away with new starters at OT and/or OLB in the first 2 rounds.

1 hour ago, Stonehands said:

The way the draft appears to be shaking out, there is a good chance pick number 20 may be a head shaker and be someone most have rated as second round talent like a Jordan Jenkins.

The draft hasn't yet begun. This is some defeatist thinking here. The great thing about the draft is that there are a lot of idiot GMs out there, and they will make those head shaking picks that lead to serious talent falling to 20. It always happens. Now we just have to hope Mac sticks to the BPA philosophy we think he does. 

1 hour ago, Stonehands said:

The way the draft appears to be shaking out, there is a good chance pick number 20 may be a head shaker and be someone most have rated as second round talent like a Jordan Jenkins.

This will be a good litmus test in terms of where MacC and the Jets organization are.  My impression is that MacC would not do that, at least in the first round.  He did do that in the second round last year and appears to have gotten burned.

Unless Woody meddles and makes him pick someone who could fill a hole on the team this year but is not necessarily the best player (or someone who will make a splash from a PR perspective), I would expect MacC to pick the player he thinks is best, regardless of whether it is a screaming need.  

If the Jets do something different, I think that will tell us all where they stand going forward.  

As I have said before, I do not believe that Woody has the stomach to build this team right for the long-term, but how they are handling Fitz would indicate that I am wrong.  

I may start a thread later about how they are handling Mo.

1. Jets stay at 20 draft BPA (Not Lynch)

2. Jets trade Mo to Carolina for their 1st round pick (30) and draft Lynch right in front of Denver or Cleveland (1st pick in 2nd round) can get him. 

3. Jets keep bypassing LB's and we keep doing the WTF?? face.

Sometimes you have to think out of the box.  Allen is at the the tail end of his career and would be excellent as a situation/sub player.  They woouldn'nt pay Norman but they will figure out a nice deal with Mo that works for both sides.  Panthers win the Super Bowl this year and Mo shines that ring into the camera and says "Glad someone wanted me".

On 27/04/2016 at 8:37 PM, jamesr said:

1 - We will stay at #20 in Rd 1

2 - The pick will either be a WR (Treadwell would be my preference, so it'll probably be someone else), or OLB (Spence or Lee)

3 - Rd 2 will be an OL pick

Obligatory trumpet blowing ... :-) 

Just wish I'd stuck to my guns in the "name the pick" thread - started reading too many threads / mocks with Lee to Atl at 17 and Lynch falling to us. Happy with the guy we got, would have been fine with Treadwell too, but LB was more of a need.

Archived