Make three predictions re the Jets draft....

Beerfish

1 - The jets will draft a QB within the first two rounds - Lynch, Hackenberg, or Cook

2 - Wilkerson will be traded for picks (to move up in first round for QB, or to stockpile picks in this and/or next years draft)

3 - The vast majority of the board will be pissed off no matter who the Jets get in the first two rounds.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay at 20 and draft a speed LB, or Safety hybrid.

Trade Mo Friday morning for picks including at least 1 early 2nd  rounder, and draft an OT.

Draft Hackenberg with another 2nd rd pick.

This is what I THINK they will do, not saying it's what I would, or want to do.

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

- Muhammad Wilkerson will not be traded- play under franchise tag for 2016.

- Jets will trade down in the second round( need more picks) 

- Jets will trade Jace Amaro for draft picks( new regime isn't a fan of player or a fit what they are looking for).

"- Jets will trade Jace Amaro for draft picks( new regime isn't a fan of player or a fit what they are looking for)."

This makes no sense to me. Amaro was hurt and didn't even get a chance to play in Gaileys system, didn't get a chance to show Mac what he can do. How can he be a poor fit? How can they be so turned off by him that they would be willing to trade him for (surely) very little in return b/c of the small sample size teams have seen from him. I don;t see the Jets getting anything more than a 4th or 5th rounder for him.  

Furthermore. He is a great fit! He played in a spread system in college as a Split End and was ridiculously productive. He's a great route runner and is used to being put in motion. He's a big red zone target. 

He was in the dog house probably b/c of his struggles blocking, not even the drops, which can happen to any rookie. He said he is going to work diligently on improving his blocking (until he got hurt). 

Trading Amaro makes no sense. 

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

"- Jets will trade Jace Amaro for draft picks( new regime isn't a fan of player or a fit what they are looking for)."

This makes no sense to me. Amaro was hurt and didn't even get a chance to play in Gaileys system, didn't get a chance to show Mac what he can do. How can he be a poor fit? How can they be so turned off by him that they would be willing to trade him for (surely) very little in return b/c of the small sample size teams have seen from him. I don;t see the Jets getting anything more than a 4th or 5th rounder for him.  

Furthermore. He is a great fit! He played in a spread system in college as a Split End and was ridiculously productive. He's a great route runner and is used to being put in motion. He's a big red zone target. 

He was in the dog house probably b/c of his struggles blocking, not even the drops, which can happen to any rookie. He said he is going to work diligently on improving his blocking (until he got hurt). 

Trading Amaro makes no sense. 

You want to play Te for the Bowles coaching staff you better be able to block. Jace Amaro is a terrible blocker, and why he Jmo isn't long for this Jet roster.

This new coaching staff and Fo didn't draft him , and have no allegiance to him .

The Jets will get a Te than fits the criteria they are looking for.(this happens quite often when  teams get a change in philosophy .

This is my prediction that Amaro traded this weekend.   Let's see if that is the case,

1. If P.Lynch is not there at 20, the Jets end up taking T.Decker-OT. 

2. If P.Lynch IS there at 20, the Jets trade down with a team that wants him bad.

3. If Decker and Lynch are both off the board at 20, the Jets end up taking N. Spence-OLB/Pass Rusher at 20. 

4. The Jets take OT and Pass Rusher with their first two picks in the draft.  

1. Following the Mel Kiper blueprint like he did last year, Maccags trades our 20 and Mo to the Jags for their #5 and a later round pick. He then selects Tunsil.

2. He goes OL again in either Round 2 or 3

3. He doesn't pick a QB or TE at all in any round

Hey, it's all just a guess at this stage so...

1. Mo will not be traded

2. Mac is not dumb enough to draft Paxton Lynch

3. Mac will stay at 20 and pick BPA  1. Noah Spence, 2. Eli Apple,   3. Josh Doctson, 4. William Jackson or 5. Taylor Decker

Hackenburg or Prescott will be selected if available in round 3

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Couldn't agree more.  I hate the new (ish) format.

+infinity

NFL Ratings > My Annual NFL Draft Holiday Saturday

Used to devote the entire day to that, food, everything.  Now, meh, I watch the first round, may plan food maybe, and I skip watching the rest and just check in here as needed.

But rating don't lie, it seems the three day thing is a massive success (making the NFL money).

Based on the last few drafts:

1.  We will be shocked at who we take at 20. We will initially hate the pick but by the time we sober up Friday morning, we will love the pick.

2.  No has ever heard of the player we are taking in the 3rd round.  

3.  Immediately following this draft, several of us will be looking at the 2017 QB class and praising it as "just as good as the class of '83!"

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+infinity

NFL Ratings > My Annual NFL Draft Holiday Saturday

Used to devote the entire day to that, food, everything.  Now, meh, I watch the first round, may plan food maybe, and I skip watching the rest and just check in here as needed.

But rating don't lie, it seems the three day thing is a massive success (making the NFL money).

The late start of Day 1 & 2 basically makes it a no-go for us UK fans - starting after midnight.

I used to be able to follow live, now I just read NFL.com and JN the day after. 

1. After their initial targets aren't there at 20, the Jets move a few spots back with a WR hungry team, and grab a couple extra picks to stockpile.

2. Wilkerson IS finally traded, ending a long national nightmare and they do better in the trade than some here think they will.

3. They draft someone that makes Breno cuttable.

What I want to happen : 1. The Browns, 49ers & Broncos fight to the death to draft Paxton Lynch

2. We trade Mo to Carolina, Green Bay or Kansas City, swap position at end of 1st this year & get a 1st for next year or 2nd this year to draft Connor Cook

3. Fitz doesn't resign, we sit Cook for his rookie year, Geno starts & puts up numbers better than Fitz last year. Then we debate Geno vs Cook for 2017

What I expect to happen (Nightmare scenario) :

1. We don't trade Mo, sit at 20 & draft either WR or Lynch

2. Get an average OLB or Tackle that never amounts to anything. in rouind 2. It's our 2nd round curse

3. MacCagnan turns out to be as skilled as Idzik was at judging talent

Bonus : We finish middle of the pack in standings at the end of the year & have no hope to get franchise QB this year or next

However I believe too much in GM Mac to think he'll screw up at all

1. The Miami Dolphins draft Tom Cruise with the 8th pick. Because Tanny thinks he'll sell a lot of jerseys instead of an actual football player. 

2. Vernon Gholston announces the New York Jets 20th pick. Its another Alabama player. Dee Milliner hurts his voice screaming and has to go on IR for the year.

3. Roger Goodell chokes to death in laughter. When he announces with the 30th pick in the 2016 draft the New England Patriots are not on the clock.

Jets do not trade down in 1st round but trade back to grab an xtra pick.

Jets do not take a QB until 3rd Rd or after

Jets trade Mo for a 2nd and 4th or 5th rounder (depending on who their trading partner is) leaving Jets with 9 draft picks.

1.  We draft Josh Doctson in the first.  He's the eventual replacement for Marshall, and allows Decker to play in the slot.

2.  We trade Wilkerson for a first round pick next year, when there is a run of DL in the draft and some team misses out.   My darkhorse team is the Colts, but I would love to trade with the Bears

3.  We pick an OL/DL in the second and third rounds, much to the chagrin of fans with recognizable names on the board.  

Not necessarily about the Jets but the draft in general in terms of the prospects.

1. Josh Doctson is going to bust hard. Corey Coleman is a pro-bowler within 2 years.

2. This will be remembered as the best QB Class since 2004.

3. Myles Jack will retire within 5 years.

10 hours ago, LinemanCT said:

1. The Miami Dolphins draft Tom Cruise with the 8th pick. Because Tanny thinks he'll sell a lot of jerseys instead of an actual football player. 

2. Vernon Gholston announces the New York Jets 20th pick. Its another Alabama player. Dee Milliner hurts his voice screaming and has to go on IR for the year.

3. Roger Goodell chokes to death in laughter. When he announces with the 30th pick in the 2016 draft the New England Patriots are not on the clock.

Keanu Reeves is the superior QB. Tom Cruize can be his agent. 

What scares me is how important a CB is in a Todd Bowles defense and the fact that we only have one sure shot CB in Revis.  If you want to call him that nowadays.  For that reason I see us drafting a CB with our 1st pick.  I don't see Bowles starting the season with Revis and an unknown at the 2nd CB position.  That's why he went out and got Cromartie last season.  

At the 20 spot I can easily see obviously Ramsey and Hargreaves being gone which leaves us with a choice of Apple or Jackson realistically so I can see either of them being the pick.  If it were up to me the draft would fall like this...

1st round - Best available OT or rushing OLB (Decker or Conklin / Spence or Floyd)

2nd round - OT or OLB.  Whatever position wasn't picked in the first round out of those two.

3rd round - Best available CB/WR

As far as who those picks will be specifically depends on their draft board.  I sure hope at the end of the day either Spence/Decker/Lee/Floyd/Treadwell/Doctson/Lee/Conklin are on this team.  Please no Lynch as he does nothing for us this year.  If we happen to crap the bed this year given the schedule and QB situation then we'll be sitting with a rather high pick next year and there is where you get your QB of the future. 

Archived