Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why do people think Porzinigs is good? I don't get it. 

We really need a point guard otherwise Porzingis is going to never develop here

That's why Malik Monk may be the safest pick at 6 but we are so desperate for a pg and the NBA has become such a pg league we may be forced to take Ntikilina 

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Why do people think Porzinigs is good? I don't get it. 

Now that Melo is soon to be out the door, we see that you have found another target.  You are incredibly predictable.

23 minutes ago, SMC said:

Now that Melo is soon to be out the door, we see that you have found another target.  You are incredibly predictable.

If everyone's as good as you say they are- why does the team suck? Phil cast a spell? The triangle? 

What is Porzingis good at right now? Him trying to be this Dirk/Iverson hybrid at 7'3 is comical. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If everyone's as good as you say they are- why does the team suck? Phil cast a spell? The triangle? 

What is Porzingis good at right now? Him trying to be this Dirk/Iverson hybrid at 7'3 is comical. 

Huh? KP is good at shooting and rim protection at 21 yrs old.  He increased his shooting percentage on 2s and 3s and ppg, etc.

Also, "then why does the team still suck?" is such a stupid argument against KP.  The Twolves still suck, does that means Towns isn't good?

20 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Because Porzingis is 20 and the Knicks still need other pieces like pg

Once upon a time the Washington Bullets gave up on Chris Webber and Rasheed Wallace because they didn't win immediately with those guys

40 minutes ago, thadude said:

Melo and Lala are getting separated so forget about trying to dump him on the clippers.  

It's also being reported that the breakup is due to Melo getting a stripper pregnant.  The stripper is about 6 months pregnant so he knocked her up right as training camp/the season started.

So who are the six players (at least because Knicks could fall farther down) that the Knicks will miss out on?

Fultz, Ball, Jackson, Fox, Monk, Smith, Tatum, French Kid?

Looks like Knicks will have a shot at either Smith, Tatum or French Kid.  Best case scenario is two of those.  I go with French Kid.

Minny at 6 doesn't kill Knicks because they're not going PG after having drafted Dunn last year.  Smart money is on them going Markkanen or Tatum at 6.  If they that, Knicks are guaranteed a shot at 2 of the top 5 PGs.  If Monk goes in top 5, then Knicks have a shot a 3 top PGs (Smith, Fox and French Kid).

Seventh is not a bad spot to be.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Minny at 6 doesn't kill Knicks because they're not going PG after having drafted Dunn last year.  Smart money is on them going Markkanen or Tatum at 6.  If they that, Knicks are guaranteed a shot at 2 of the top 5 PGs.  If Monk goes in top 5, then Knicks have a shot a 3 top PGs (Smith, Fox and French Kid).

Seventh is not a bad spot to be.

It's a very deep draft.  We desperately need a pg which is why I want Ntkilina

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I realize the cap space is nice, but we could have had even more had we kept Lopez and not signed Noah. I guess taking a shot on Rose was fine but watching this Celtics series it's really looking like we got fleeced by the Bulls again. 

I refuse to cry over losing the worst of the Lopez brothers.  I liked it when the deal was made and I'm not going to say otherwise because Noah is convalescing because Lopez will always been a JAG and Grant is an old 2nd yr player.

Plus, don't forget the Knicks got Holiday in the deal and he's a good rotation player.

2 minutes ago, SMC said:

I refuse to cry over losing the worst of the Lopez brothers.  I liked it when the deal was made and I'm not going to say otherwise because Noah is convalescing because Lopez will always been a JAG and Grant is an old 2nd yr player.

Plus, don't forget the Knicks got Holiday in the deal and he's a good rotation player.

I guess. In hindsight it looks pretty wasteful. Noah's contract is going to go down as all-time Knicks bad and that's saying a looooooot.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SMC said:

The good news is that Rose is an expiring. But they should have held onto Lopez and traded him this year to a contender for a pick. But the Knicks falling in love with a big name past his prime is how they've always operated to compensate for bad records/get people interested. 

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I guess. In hindsight it looks pretty wasteful. Noah's contract is going to go down as all-time Knicks bad and that's saying a looooooot.

Absolutely, but Knicks have the benefit of the larger cap so Noah's deal is only a small percentage of the total cap.

12 hours ago, SMC said:

Taking a chance on Rose is somewhat defendable and understanble.  However, this notion that Lopez is a JAG and Grant is an "old" second year player is not is where you lose me.  Lopez is not a JAG.  In today's NBA he is above average and has value, especially on his current deal.  He is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.  Grant may be 25 but so what?  

12 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Taking a chance on Rose is somewhat defendable and understanble.  However, this notion that Lopez is a JAG and Grant is an "old" second year player is not is where you lose me.  Lopez is not a JAG.  In today's NBA he is above average and has value, especially on his current deal.  He is one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.  Grant may be 25 but so what?  

Valid points, no question.  I say Lopez is a JAG because he's not more than a replacement player.  Yes, he's good on the o glass but he was easily replaced by Willy.

The significance of Grant's age is ceiling. At 25 he's not getting much better which means he is a rotation player at best.  The Knicks can find rotation players elsewhere.  The key is finding starts and stars, which Grant isn't.

On April 19, 2017 at 9:27 AM, gqxluvx said:

Rajon Rondo is the real reason that trade looks good for the Bulls.  Lopez is Noah with slightly better defense but less rebounds

Phil should have signed Rondo two years ago instead of wasting time with Calzone and Rose

19 hours ago, SMC said:

Valid points, no question.  I say Lopez is a JAG because he's not more than a replacement player.  Yes, he's good on the o glass but he was easily replaced by Willy.

The significance of Grant's age is ceiling. At 25 he's not getting much better which means he is a rotation player at best.  The Knicks can find rotation players elsewhere.  The key is finding starts and stars, which Grant isn't.

Grant is an ok player I'd rather have whatever blue chip pg falls to us at 7 hopefully either Fox or Nkitlina

Let Ron Baker be the hold the fort guy at pg -- I thought he looked good as a rookie

2 hours ago, thadude said:

Rajon Rondo is the real reason that trade looks good for the Bulls.  Lopez is Noah with slightly better defense but less rebounds

Phil should have signed Rondo two years ago instead of wasting time with Calzone and Rose

Rondo is his own worst enemy. When he feels like it he's still a great player.