Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I mean, he shouldn't have said it, but Ball's dad isn't necessarily wrong either.

Lol true, but it's pretty much the same thing everyone says in their house anyway. The internetz will feign rage for a bit, then forget about it once the next big dunk or dagger three happens. 

Sidenote: went to Citi Field for the series final between the Mets and Braves last night, such a nice ballpark. The amount of novelty food items made it seem more like a fancy mall cafeteria inside, which seems like all stadiums now, but it was an awesome ballpark. Had no idea how easy it was to get from Astoria/Queens to the field, definitely will have to check more games out. 

Ball's dad continues to prove he's a clown

Looks like the Knicks are settled at 6 and looked at all the mocks, that means the Knicks will have a shot at the 2 next tier PGs in Fox and The French Kid and the best SFs after Jackson in Tatum, Bridges and Isaac.

So who are you guys taking?  It's tough for me, but the choice is Fox with Tatum a close second.  The French Kid may get some momentum though.

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Lol true, but it's pretty much the same thing everyone says in their house anyway. The internetz will feign rage for a bit, then forget about it once the next big dunk or dagger three happens. 

Sidenote: went to Citi Field for the series final between the Mets and Braves last night, such a nice ballpark. The amount of novelty food items made it seem more like a fancy mall cafeteria inside, which seems like all stadiums now, but it was an awesome ballpark. Had no idea how easy it was to get from Astoria/Queens to the field, definitely will have to check more games out. 

I'm a Yankee fan and I can 100% say that CitiField is a better ballpark and experience than the new Yankee Stadium.  I took my son to CitiField last year because he had a "Great Historical Figure" project for 5th grade, so he did it on Jackie Robinson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Citi is the sh*t. Beats Yankee Stadium by leaps and bounds. I think it's the 3rd best ballpark in MLB behind Dodgers Stadium and Petco. Pittsburgh is dope too.

And anyone who says Fenway or Wrigley in that discussion is a hardo. Both stadiums are ******* dumps and both fanbases are comprised of the sloppiest, drunkest, least likeable human beings in the country. Nice for a game and some nostalgia, but to deal with on a regular basis, no way.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

I'm a Yankee fan and I can 100% say that CitiField is a better ballpark and experience than the new Yankee Stadium.  I took my son to CitiField last year because he had a "Great Historical Figure" project for 5th grade, so he did it on Jackie Robinson.

It's just more fun. Unless you sparingly have a stack to drop every time you go to a ballgame, Yankee Stadium is incredibly average. Nice, but average.

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's just more fun. Unless you sparingly have a stack to drop every time you go to a ballgame, Yankee Stadium is incredibly average. Nice, but average.

Absolutely true.  I am intrigued about the "family friendly" upgrades at  Yankee Stadium, but jeesh is it expensive to take a family of 4 to a game at the Stadium.

37 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:
If he's good, who cares? This is social media outrage fodder, nothing more.

Fox crushed him. I was not impressed. ask bill o'reilly about social media outrage

no sponsors, no league

I wouldn't draft the kid on a bet

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Citi is the sh*t. Beats Yankee Stadium by leaps and bounds. I think it's the 3rd best ballpark in MLB behind Dodgers Stadium and Petco. Pittsburgh is dope too.

And anyone who says Fenway or Wrigley in that discussion is a hardo. Both stadiums are ******* dumps and both fanbases are comprised of the sloppiest, drunkest, least likeable human beings in the country. Nice for a game and some nostalgia, but to deal with on a regular basis, no way.

Every event I have been to at new Shea (not using the name of some bank, even if Shea was part of a law firm) but the cheapskate Wilpons employ 5 ticket takers at 2 gates and don't really care that it takes FOREVER to get inside. While it's a nice place to see a game or show they treat patrons like crap. 

23 hours ago, SMC said:

Ball's dad continues to prove he's a clown

Looks like the Knicks are settled at 6 and looked at all the mocks, that means the Knicks will have a shot at the 2 next tier PGs in Fox and The French Kid and the best SFs after Jackson in Tatum, Bridges and Isaac.

So who are you guys taking?  It's tough for me, but the choice is Fox with Tatum a close second.  The French Kid may get some momentum though.

Fox obviously but he's going top 4. I think you have to go with Smith. Elite level athlete at a position of need. Insanely high upside. Tatum's solid I guess, but I dunno...Duke forwards, can't trust 'em.

The Knicks are just in such a need for guards. And with how deep this draft is at guard I think they'd be insane to settle for anything else.

I really can't believe these guys decided to saddle up and play .500 ball down the stretch when it simply did not ******* matter at all. Just batsh*t insane, this franchise. Nothing against Porzingis, but we could easily be sitting on Towns and a lock for top 4 in a 4-man draft right now if Phil had any common sense when it comes to handling these situations.

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

So is Billy rookie of the year?

There's a decent argument. Still think Embiid will get it, but if the voters weigh the per minute basis and offensive rating per possession type numbers, he could def get it. Having him, Porzingis, this year's #1 and Melo off the team are the only thing that gets me through. And Melo off the team is the biggie. 

12 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

There's a decent argument. Still think Embiid will get it, but if the voters weigh the per minute basis and offensive rating per possession type numbers, he could def get it. Having him, Porzingis, this year's #1 and Melo off the team are the only thing that gets me through. And Melo off the team is the biggie. 

Dont see how that happens even though its a must.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 3:32 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Fox obviously but he's going top 4. I think you have to go with Smith. Elite level athlete at a position of need. Insanely high upside. Tatum's solid I guess, but I dunno...Duke forwards, can't trust 'em.

The Knicks are just in such a need for guards. And with how deep this draft is at guard I think they'd be insane to settle for anything else.

I really can't believe these guys decided to saddle up and play .500 ball down the stretch when it simply did not ******* matter at all. Just batsh*t insane, this franchise. Nothing against Porzingis, but we could easily be sitting on Towns and a lock for top 4 in a 4-man draft right now if Phil had any common sense when it comes to handling these situations.

I don't think Fox goes 4th.  I think its Monk/Smith at 4th.  Of course, if Fox goes 4th then the choice is Smith/Tatum and I go Smith.  Again, the French kid is worth a look.

Yeah, made no sense to play .500 ball down the stretch.  That's a leadership problem.  Two years ago Fisher said that Phil never told him to sit people down stretch, which is ridiculous.  I will say that this is different now because it was obvious that Hornacek was sitting people.  The Heat and Bulls wins hurt them, but that was more of a Heat and Bulls issue because the Knicks were undermanned in both games and still won.

And, I agree with your lottery sentiment, but this is not a 4-man draft.  It's more like a 2 man draft (Fultz/Ball) with 6 second tier really good prospects (Jackson, Fox, Smith, Monk, French Kid, Tatum).  I don't think Knicks had a chance at top 2 lottery seed with the Nets, Lakers and Suns going Kamikaze (Nets unintentionally), but so long as they fell in top 6 they'd be in good shape. 

38 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I think Brogdon out in MIL gets it.  I, and I believe a lot of writers will as well, have a very hard time voting for a top award who only played 31 games in an 82 game season.

Willy will make All Rookie Team.  Funny thing is that the Knicks have drafted/signed as UFA a bunch of players who made the All Rookie team but not develop them.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

I don't think Fox goes 4th.  I think its Monk/Smith at 4th.  Of course, if Fox goes 4th then the choice is Smith/Tatum and I go Smith.  Again, the French kid is worth a look.

Yeah, made no sense to play .500 ball down the stretch.  That's a leadership problem.  Two years ago Fisher said that Phil never told him to sit people down stretch, which is ridiculous.  I will say that this is different now because it was obvious that Hornacek was sitting people.  The Heat and Bulls wins hurt them, but that was more of a Heat and Bulls issue because the Knicks were undermanned in both games and still won.

And, I agree with your lottery sentiment, but this is not a 4-man draft.  It's more like a 2 man draft (Fultz/Ball) with 5 second tier really good prospects (Fox, Smith, Monk, French Kid, Tatum).  I don't think Knicks had a chance at top 2 lottery seed with the Nets, Lakers and Suns going Kamikaze (Nets unintentionally), but so long as they fell in top 6 they'd be in good shape. 

Listen here pal, I read draft blogs for like 3-5 minutes at least twice a week, so I know what I'm talking about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Listen here pal, I read draft blogs for like 3-5 minutes at least twice a week, so I know what I'm talking about.

LOL.  I actually meant 6 second tier and fixed it in my original post.  Knicks should get a good prospect.

Hey, I only pay attention to College hoops starting in January each year when the Knicks suck AND have a draft pick.  Most of the times they don't have both so I skip College hoops until March Madness.

Crap, Knicks may Knicks the 6th spot.  They're alone in 6th lottery seed with 1 game for them to play, but TWolves and Kings are 2 losses back with 2 to play for each.  That means the Knicks might have to lose against Philly to secure the 6th spot outright.  

TWolves lost to the Lakers last night which was killer.  They play OKC and Houston so that's 2 losses.  Kings play Suns and Clips, so the beating the Suns will eliminate them from a tie for 6th.

Knicks mock offseason:

--Draft Frank Ntikilina at 6 (nasty young pg out of France with 7'0 wingspan, a defensive whiz and offensive creator e)

--trade for Jeremy Lin (Knicks will need a veteran PG to start and eat minutes while Ntikilina's body develops plus this will piss off Carmelo)

--trade Carmelo to the Clippers(probably not happening til next feb but worth a shot)

4 hours ago, thadude said:

Knicks mock offseason:

--Draft Frank Ntikilina at 6 (nasty young pg out of France with 7'0 wingspan, a defensive whiz and offensive creator e)

--trade for Jeremy Lin (Knicks will need a veteran PG to start and eat minutes while Ntikilina's body develops plus this will piss off Carmelo)

--trade Carmelo to the Clippers(probably not happening til next feb but worth a shot)

Clippers aint trading for Melo. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Any Knicks mock offseason needs to start with firing Phil. What a disaster. 

Firing Phil just means Isiah/Mills again. Phil sucks but he's the best shot the organization has. It's not like Dolan's ever going to hire some young exec that knows what he's doing. 

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Firing Phil just means Isiah/Mills again. Phil sucks but he's the best shot the organization has. It's not like Dolan's ever going to hire some young exec that knows what he's doing. 

The problem is it's so friggin hard to rebuild in the NBA because unless you get 2-3 great players with top draft picks and/or have Lebron James fall in your lap its a 5 year process minimum

The kids come out of college way too early they are all 19 years old and need another 3-4 years just to be able to physically handle an 82 game schedule.  People can bring up the Celtics rebuilding quickly but that's because the nets traded them like 6 first round picks for KG and they also got Isiah Thomas for nothing 

Way easier to rebuild in the NFL where you get 7 draft picks every year and anyone could be the next Brady or Dak Prescott and you even get an easy schedule if you suck

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Clippers aint trading for Melo. 

And Knicks aren't and shouldn't get Lin.

Minny and Kings lost so that means the Knicks have to lose to Philly to secure the 6th lottery seed.  Of course, because their FO is incompetent, that means they're going to beat Philly

1 minute ago, SMC said:

And Knicks aren't and shouldn't get Lin.

Minny and Kings lost so that means the Knicks have to lose to Philly to secure the 6th lottery seed.  Of course, because their FO is incompetent, that means they're going to beat Philly

Until Carmelo is bought out nothing matters.

I liked Jerian Grant, and would love to have him back, but the problem is that he was an older rookie last year and 2nd year player this season.  He's going to be 25 in October.  In baseball that's fine, but not basketball when projecting a player.  What he's done so far and at that age indicates rotation player rather than starter.