Your 2016-2017 New York Knicks Thread!!!

SMC

10 hours ago, thadude said:

KP was a succesful pick.  He's going to end up being the 2nd best player out of the 2015 draft.  Is he hyped up and overrated because of NY?  Sure but that doesn't negate the fact that he is a future 20 and 10 guy.

That said the nba is so different now than the 90's and early 2000's.  Wings and PG's are so dominant now because no one is allowed to play zone defense or defense in general.  Big men like KP aren't as important as they were before but that doesn't mean a good center still doesn't help especially one who can shoot like KP

Rudy Gobert basically carried the Jazz to 50 wins- they matter if they're good. If Porzingis cant defend or rebound and wants to be the 7 foot Iverson on offense....he's going to continue to suck.

On May 25, 2017 at 7:22 AM, Matt39 said:

Rudy Gobert basically carried the Jazz to 50 wins- they matter if they're good. If Porzingis cant defend or rebound and wants to be the 7 foot Iverson on offense....he's going to continue to suck.

Porzingis is playing out of position. He's not a PF

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:22 AM, Matt39 said:

Gordon Hayward says hello.

On 5/27/2017 at 1:50 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

The Knicks should definitely start trading guys, especially younger talent and/or guys on cheap deals. Always works out well when we do that. 

We should also be making said decisions based on what kind of exercise they are doing in their spare time before the playoffs are even over.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:46 PM, SMC said:

Trading a 21 yr old PF averaging 18/7 in his second season is stupid and anyone advocating for his trade is being stupid.

They're not trading Porzingis.  

Detroit is shopping their 12th pick.  I'd give them any of our veterans

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 4:11 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

I'd use a 2nd on Nigel Hayes in a heartbeat. Dude is at bare minimum going to be a solid bench player.

BAM

Ian Begley: The Knicks have a workout scheduled with Wisconsin’s Nigel Hayes this coming week, league sources told ESPN. The Knicks have two second-rounders (44 and 58) and have worked out several potential second rounders like Hayes recently. Hayes measured at 6-8 at the NBA Draft Combine with a 7-3 wingspan and some college observers see him as having the potential to be a versatile defender at the next level with a strong outside shot – something the Knicks certainly could use…. In addition to working out for the Knicks, UNC’s Kennedy Meeks also worked out for the Brooklyn Nets last week and some people familiar with the workout said the big man excelled in the workout. Meeks is projected by some as a late second-round pick.
2 days ago via ESPN
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

BAM

Ian Begley: The Knicks have a workout scheduled with Wisconsin’s Nigel Hayes this coming week, league sources told ESPN. The Knicks have two second-rounders (44 and 58) and have worked out several potential second rounders like Hayes recently. Hayes measured at 6-8 at the NBA Draft Combine with a 7-3 wingspan and some college observers see him as having the potential to be a versatile defender at the next level with a strong outside shot – something the Knicks certainly could use…. In addition to working out for the Knicks, UNC’s Kennedy Meeks also worked out for the Brooklyn Nets last week and some people familiar with the workout said the big man excelled in the workout. Meeks is projected by some as a late second-round pick.
2 days ago via ESPN

I'm excited about this draft.  Only 10 days away

• Upvote 1

Isola has been saying for days that Ntilkina is Phil's guy. Dallas is supposedly in love with him too. Will be interesting to see if anyone leapfrogs us.

I'm not that high on Smith. The pure athlete boom or bust lottery guys seem like they never pan out and NC State's track record in the NBA is god awful.

The thing that has me thinking that something unexpected will fall to us is that every single mock from every outlet has the same 4-5-6 - Tatum, Fox, and Isaac in some new different order. sh*t is never that simple after the first couple picks.

38 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Isola has been saying for days that Ntilkina is Phil's guy. Dallas is supposedly in love with him too. Will be interesting to see if anyone leapfrogs us.

I'm not that high on Smith. The pure athlete boom or bust lottery guys seem like they never pan out and NC State's track record in the NBA is god awful.

The thing that has me thinking that something unexpected will fall to us is that every single mock from every outlet has the same 4-5-6 - Tatum, Fox, and Isaac in some new different order. sh*t is never that simple after the first couple picks.

I'm really worried about Dallas leapfrogging us.  Phil should not be using any of our assets (Hernangomez, Kuz) to trade up unless a miracle happens and Melo agrees to a trade to the Lakers

Sit at the 8 pick and see what falls

11 minutes ago, thadude said:

I'm really worried about Dallas leapfrogging us.  Phil should not be using any of our assets (Hernangomez, Kuz) to trade up unless a miracle happens and Melo agrees to a trade to the Lakers

Sit at the 8 pick and see what falls

Dallas moving ahead of us means Tatum or Isaac falls to 8. I'd be totally cool with that. Isaac especially, once that guy grows into his body a little more he's going to be ridiculous.

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Dallas moving ahead of us means Tatum or Isaac falls to 8. I'd be totally cool with that. Isaac especially, once that guy grows into his body a little more he's going to be ridiculous.

ESPN's latest mock draft has Malik Monk falling to us at 8.  I would be absolutely fine with that.

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Knicks need everything.

No, it's a PG and Wing league and the Knicks actually have a surplus of talent at PF and Center which are the most irrleevant positions now that no zone defense is allowed and the rules favor transition and 3-pointers like a friggin circus act

Barring another Knicks-like tragedy the Knicks are going to have a good PG or Wing prospect fall to them 8 in this draft it's almost impossible

Yeah, Knicks are targeting PG and wings in the draft and are looking to get a mid 1st rounder via trade.

If they can do that, I see them leaving the 1st rounder with a PG and SF.  Ntilikina is their target, even if Smith and Monk are available, according to reports.

On June 19, 2017 at 9:04 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah just stay at 8 and see what we get its a great draft

18 minutes ago, SMC said:

Yeah, Knicks are targeting PG and wings in the draft and are looking to get a mid 1st rounder via trade.

If they can do that, I see them leaving the 1st rounder with a PG and SF.  Ntilikina is their target, even if Smith and Monk are available, according to reports.

Ntkilina has bigger upside but Monk and Smith will contribute immediately

Just now, SMC said:

That would be epic.

Here's the full Woj article.  Woj is said that executives from other teams are "bewildered" and are jumping on the chance to trade for KP.  In other words, taking advantage of Phil's stupidity.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-phil-jackson-weighing-possibility-trading-kristaps-porzingis-155029676.html

This was a rather vague tweet and article. Who knows what's KP's value is anyways. I do get the sense the organization likes Hernangomez more.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

This is going to be pretty difficult to outright screw up just because of the magnitude of the perception gap but I really don't want Phil Jackson to be the guy who makes the move that is supposed to set up the post-Warriors build.

The perception gap is bigger than Cousins'. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

The perception gap is bigger than Cousins'. 

Oh, for sure. This is all kind of hard to believe, though. Phil is gonna move the one guy he gets any credit for, deserved or otherwise, and there's gonna be a legit bidding war. Yeah, okay. That might happen. The dumbest guy in the world by definition can't be the smartest guy in the room. But if this is as reported that is exactly the situation.

• Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Oh, for sure. This is all kind of hard to believe, though. Phil is gonna move the one guy he gets any credit for, deserved or otherwise, and there's gonna be a legit bidding war. Yeah, okay. That might happen. The dumbest guy in the world by definition can't be the smartest guy in the room. But if this is as reported that is exactly the situation.

I don't think Phil cares. 

3 minutes ago, SMC said:

The funny thing was that I checked Twitter and saw that Phil Jackson was the second trending topic.  I was hoping the news was that he had quit.

With that Woj CP3 story yesterday and now this leak from Woj regarding KP- it always possible this is a last ditch effort from Leon Rose and crew to get Dolan angry and fire Phil.