Worst Special Teams.... Ever

chirorob

Seriously.  Our special teams have given away 3 touchdowns in less than half a season.  2 fumble returns and that whiff by the punter.   Throw in a 17 yard punt yesterday, kick offs returned to the 15, our normally good FG kicker missing an extra point and a short FG in a close game... 

They are truly awful.

To add to all that, have we returned a punt all year yet? Every punt is fair caught, and it's weird, because we have a punter that can't punt a ball further than 20 yards and opposing teams seem to have no problem returning punts against us.

Worst ever?  I don't know about that guys. Until yesterday, it appeared to me from what I've been reading, that we've been relatively pleased with the overall special teams this year. 

Could it be better, sure. But I think it's definitely better than last year. Don't let one really bad game get you

23 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Seriously.  Our special teams have given away 3 touchdowns in less than half a season.  2 fumble returns and that whiff by the punter.   Throw in a 17 yard punt yesterday, kick offs returned to the 15, our normally good FG kicker missing an extra point and a short FG in a close game... 

They are truly awful.

The punter has been a bright spot this season. Better than Quigley last year.

Marshall is a rookie he will learn.

Folk might be cut next year

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I don't miss Quigley's 1 or 2 shank punts per game at all. 

And they always seemed to come at key moments

3 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You know, I don't like Marshall as a returner, at all.   He sat on the bench for a couple weeks, and didn't learn.  The punter has been better, but come on, you can't do that in the NFL.

But seriously, nothing in the return game.  Giving up 3 TDs, it's really bad.

Archived